Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#51 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 6:21 PM
thank you! I'm still waiting for hellfrozeover to reply so simgirl can convert it.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#52 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 4:49 PM
Ok, so I got the permission, and simgirl said she's already working on it.

I scanned a much bigger and better picture that I had from a magazine.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#53 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 6:37 PM
Well, I wanted to send this in a pm but I can't figure out how to send pictures through a message! -is to lazy to-

Just so you don't think I'm not working on it, here's a peek. It's got a LOT of kinks to be worked out, but I'm on it!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#54 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 11:33 PM
cool there's gonna be an afro!!!

~ Nyn ~
Scholar
Original Poster
#55 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 1:44 AM
I don't care if it looks kinky that's an awesome, awesome start!!! Thank you so much simgirl! And yup, Nyn, couldn't have a Jackson 5 kid without a 'fro!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 12:26 PM
http://www.simsconnection.com/jooml...=4&limitstart=4
what about that afro?
i know it's not as big as the female do you found but if your struggling you could always use this as backup .
(you'd also have to check if it comes under child aswell.)

peachy! ♥
Field Researcher
#57 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 11:09 PM
I'm gonna make it smaller haha have to look at it better when I'm resizing it/

And, missMSBplayer, if you like it, that's all that matters haha. Glad you do! How's the sim going?
Scholar
Original Poster
#58 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 5:17 AM
It's going... but my computer is running really slow, and I haven't had much time to wrok on him don't worry, I'm sure to have updates soon!

Thanks, Rosie! Good idea! I will definately bookmark and download that afro!
Scholar
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 3:46 AM
Ok! Sorry I took so long. I actually restarted. I had a good look at my new scan I showed you guys, and it's helped... a lot ! So anyway... I have a new picture of the (restarted) sim, along with a comparison pic... nitpick please!

I haven't used the afro rosie gave me, and I don't have the one that simgirl is ever so kindly converting yet, but don't worry, I'll get to that soon enough!

The Split Comparison Pic...

I know he still needs a lot of work, but I feel it is better than the one before
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#60 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 4:14 AM
I think his eyes are too large and his jaw needs to be more square. His jaw should be longer and his chin shorter.
Inventor
#61 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:05 AM
I agree, the jaw should be more squared.
What about using these eyes?

I made them for an argentinean sim site. He would look better with the first ones of the pic.
Scholar
Original Poster
#62 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:28 AM
Thanks Anubis, they are so cute, I will download them right now!

I did some more tweaking, with the jaw and all.

Does his nose seem too big to you guys?
Screenshots
Inventor
#63 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:32 AM
You're welcome! here's the link, just in case you don't find them:
http://www.sims-extremos.com.ar/for...p?f=145&t=20394

And, yeah I think the nose is too big. Maybe a little more flat?
Scholar
Original Poster
#64 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:34 AM
Whew! Thank you! I needed that link. Gosh, was it ever hard to try and find them!

I will flatten the nose and make it a tenny bit smaller.
Inventor
#65 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:36 AM
You're welcome, again
Psst... if you don't want to log in, I'll send you a PM with the direct link...
Field Researcher
#66 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:38 AM
Yeah, the nostrils. The nostrils are too...tall? The bottom half of his nose is a bit too wide... His eyes are still way too large. Take the size down 2-3 clicks and also shorten them just a tiny bit. His jaw still needs to come down some more and his chin needs to be less prominent. Also, make his jaw a bit wider. I would take the corners of his mouth down just a tiny bit as well. Can you give him slightly thicker lids? I also think his eyes might be set a bit too deep. and his eyebrows need to come down just a few clicks...I'd also make them just a tiny tiny bit thinner.

Lookin' good, though!
Scholar
Original Poster
#67 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:41 AM
Wow thanks! I'll have an update real soon... just gimme a couple minutes

Anubis, I didn't have to login at all! All I did was click on the download link below your eyes you sent me in the link, and it started download (once it opened a new page). Now problems at all.
Inventor
#68 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:46 AM
Oh! Before you needed to log in to download. I think mod's changed that then.

Can't wait to see how he looks with the changes!
Scholar
Original Poster
#69 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 6:12 AM
Ok, so SWC, I did almost everything you told me to do, and the only way I can make the nostrils not so "tall" is by making the bridge of the nose a little less wide. So I hope it didn't change him too much

Anubis, I love your eyes, only they are a little too light. Could you (or me) make them more of a dark brown, almost black colour?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#70 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 6:32 AM
Oh, that's looking good. The nose is MUCH better! The jaw is looking a lot better, but I'm still having a little trouble with it. I think the width of the jaw should be equal to the width of the top part of his face. If you look at the source image you'll see that there are some shadows that sort of make his jaw look like it comes in a bit, but his actual face is pretty close to a square as far as it being almost straight on both sides

Something you may want to consider is adding his birthmark on the skin texture or as a face mask or make up item or the like. I wouldn't say it's super SUPER important, but I think it'd be a nice touch when you're at the finishing stages.
Scholar
Original Poster
#71 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 6:44 AM
Thanks, SnowWhiteCharming! I think he's going quite well, if I do say so myself certainly an improvement from before. I just fixed the jaw, what you said really helped!

I will try to make that birthmark, should I just take it from that pic (even though I have never done that before!)? And the nose still doesn't look completely right but maybe I should make a nose mask (from the pic also, even though I have never done that either )
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#72 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:30 AM
Can you shorten his chin just a bit? I love Michael, he was a beautiful person inside and out.

I think you can use the source image to make the birth mark and nose mask, just be careful you don't transfer the magazine texture to your sim's textures, lol. I'd suggest playing around with it for a while, especially since you've never done it before. There are a lot of tutorials out there that can help, too. So do look into some of those.
Scholar
Original Poster
#73 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:44 AM
I will. I miss him so much. I will just start to cry because I still can't believe he's gone

How's this?

Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#74 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 9:15 AM
Alllllrighty! I made a nose mask, and some new eyes.

I'm really tired now, so I'm gonna go to bed now. G'night :D
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#75 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 3:59 PM
Anyone? Does anyone have any feedback at all?
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: good tweaking tips.
Page 3 of 10