Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

American Style Street Default Replacement [Update-13/12/2013]

by xdarkshadowx Posted 4th Aug 2009 at 1:47 AM - Updated 13th Dec 2013 at 5:58 PM by xdarkshadowx : Added default replacement for expansion worlds

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 2:15 AM
WOWZA! I am so installing these! Thanks so much, and amazing work, looks so HQ in the pics!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 2:32 AM
pretty coolies! ill have to try them out!

DOEreoh
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 2:36 AM
Fabulous (: x

I didn't slap you. I high-fived you in the face...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 3:04 AM
so much better. thanks.
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 5:30 AM
Wow. These are really good!
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 6:36 AM
They look really good. You realize that if you're going by US laws, though, you've just made all the streets one-way, though, right? I'm still going to download it, I just thought you should know.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 8:43 AM
Your textures are lovely! Like usagibouzu said, though, I think that the original street lines were technically correct if you assume that the streets are two-way and passing is not allowed. I haven't paid close attention to the way that sims use the roads, but I think that the roads are two-way and I'm pretty sure that the vehicles don't pass. Either way, the textures are lovely (much nicer than the originals) and I'm sure that these will get a lot of use. Thank you!
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 9:24 AM
I believe this is just what I'm looking for. The American roads often confuse me - I would love some good European-looking roads for my town.

Thank-you so much for this.
Wiki Wizard
#10 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 12:34 PM
wow this is great! well done on figuring this out! :P

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Instructor
#11 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 12:50 PM
Default sim streets are CANADIAN!

Quote: Originally posted by Emmies
I believe this is just what I'm looking for. The American roads often confuse me - I would love some good European-looking roads for my town.

Thank-you so much for this.

Euro-Style street replacements have already been made, here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=356780

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anshin Lanugo

I don't think the default streets are exclusive to Canada. Here in the U.S. we have tons of streets like those.There are several just a few streets over from my house. And I do have to agree with the previous comments, that yea, these new street replacements would all be one way streets in the U.S.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 4:15 PM
Agreeing with lizbethbear on that the default EA streets are what I see in the US also (Yellow double lines is a two way street) EA made it too light on the asphalt. So for that reason I used the euro street replacement for darker roads but they do not show up at far zoom camera level, do your street replacements work from far zoom xdarkshadowx?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 5:33 PM
It never bothered me so much until I saw your replacement
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 6:07 PM
These are awesome!! When I go to My documents/ea games etc., I have several different cache files. Do I delete them all? Thanks for any help.
Banned
#16 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 7:17 PM
Cool! Can you do a Canadian roads replacement? (White on the sides, yellow in the middle, grey sidewalks with yellow lines to mark where it ends and the street begins)
Banned
#17 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizbethbear
I don't think the default streets are exclusive to Canada. Here in the U.S. we have tons of streets like those.There are several just a few streets over from my house. And I do have to agree with the previous comments, that yea, these new street replacements would all be one way streets in the U.S.

Those streets look nothing like Canadian streets in the game, after all, I live there, and I think that the streets in Canada are yellow dashed lines, dark asphalt, lighter sidewalks, but not by too much, and yellow on the part of the sidewalk where it hits the road. :D
Mad Poster
#18 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 9:22 PM
Well whatever you guys are saying, these roads are PERFECT for UK players! Looks just like our roads.

I'm not too sure about the white lines down the outside of the road, I think the only lines we have there are usually single or double yellow lines to indicate short stay or no parking. I could be completely wrong though as I can't drive so don't pay much attention to road markings.

Just one question; why did you get rid of the drain grates?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#19 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 3:01 AM
I can't think of any place in the USA where the center road lines are white in the center rather than yellow--again, the default is the way it looks in the US. Nice job, but kind of odd.
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:22 AM
Yes, as a Guy who long ago worked for the city and actually painted the streets after the resurfacing, the origianl were very nice and what we would do for 2 way streets, with no passing, these look like one way streets, which i have noticed sims going both ways,so my questions is, is it just cosmetic, or will sims actually get stuck in trafic, with nothing but 1-way streets
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 10:44 AM
My design is just cosmetic, I did the design like the streets of The Sims 2
Theorist
#22 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 12:10 PM
Hurray! thank you so much for this
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:58 PM
Well, the default streets are already US style, and yours are US style one way streets. For a small town like Sunset Valley or Riverview, one way streets wouldn't be too frequent haha, but nice work! I like the darker asphalt.
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anshin Lanugo

Euro-Style street replacements have already been made, here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=356780

*hates having to explain self*

What I meant was, although those euro-style streets are great, I prefer these ones because of the lines in the middle of the road (standard in the UK) and the darker road surface. So although they are intended as american versions, they work great for the UK's road system.
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 8:04 AM
Thankyou so much for doing this. It looks so much better.

I'm sorry to sound dumb but what does it mean by having to delete my cache files first?
Page 1 of 3