Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 9:10 PM
What sort of textures should I use?
And I still have to finish his shoes and do his gloves still. Hopefully it'll be done soon though.
Advertisement
Zombie Socks
#52 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 11:05 PM
Fabric texture? For a real person's outfit I can imagine that, but kingdom hearts character's texture on clothing is comprised almost entirely of shading.

Can't wait to see what you do next!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Forum Resident
#53 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 11:46 PM
^^Yeah, actually, I change my mind. I agree. But, I do think it needs better shading. More "Maxis-y" type shading. For example, your pink dress in the OP does a good job of having Maxis-y shading.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 1:38 AM Last edited by simgirl9089 : 16th Jul 2009 at 2:24 AM.
Yea, I'm gonna fix the pink dress haha. The reason it's maxis-y is cause it's a maxis texture.
Right now, I'm working on his chain, you know, the necklace. I finally got the accessory to show up!! I'm so happy! Now, I'm off to look at how to make it shiny/reflective.

I'm searching the site now, but does anyone recommend any tutorials?
Mad Poster
#55 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simgirl9089
Yea, I'm gonna fix the pink dress haha. The reason it's maxis-y is cause it's a maxis texture.
Right now, I'm working on his chain, you know, the necklace. I finally got the accessory to show up!! I'm so happy! Now, I'm off to look at how to make it shiny/reflective.

I'm searching the site now, but does anyone recommend any tutorials?

here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=215843

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 7:00 PM
Thanks a lot!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 9:07 PM
Okay, it showed up in Bodyshop shiny (yay!), but then I also made it alpha editable (for the chain part). But, when I did that, everytime I tried to create a new project with it, Bodyshop says "Can't export selected textures". And it crashes when I select the accessory in Build a Sim.

Do you think I did the alpha-editable thing wrong? I changed the stdMatAlphaBlendMode to the blend value. I'm guessing that's not how to do it? I looked it up and that's what I found you had to do, but I'm sure there's more to it.

I feel so stupid.
Zombie Socks
#58 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 9:31 PM
I'd say post in the thread for questions for that tutorial. CF isn't the best place to get help like that.

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 8:00 PM
Yea haha figured.
I'll keep trying to figure it out, but if I can't get it I'll post over there.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 7:37 PM
A small update, but here's his gloves. I know they're not perfect, but dealing with texturing the hands is a pain!
Screenshots
Zombie Socks
#61 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 9:35 PM
Excellent! Any reference pictures of the glove in the actual game? (yes, I know I just asked for something really difficult!)

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 12:42 AM
http://www.finalfantasyworld.co.uk/...twork_Sora2.jpg
That's the best I found, and it's actually the one you linked to. (it's the same link, actually)

I'm sorry, I wish I could get better but all the in-game pictures I've seen he has his arms crossed or you can't see his hands at all. I've been using that picture as a reference the entire time, though.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaand the link doesn't work. Lovely. The one you posted, WWW is on page two.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 3:05 AM
Alright I've got another, well, not issue, more of a concern really.

I got fed up with trying to do the chain with an alpha editable plain, and besides it looked horrible.
Sooo, I actually meshed the chain links. It looks MILLIONS of times better, but the poly count is soo freakin' high!

3313 faces 1741 vertices

Now, I made the chain links as simple as I could without making them, like, square. I could try to lower the poly count as much as I can without ruining the effect I'm going for.

But, should I even bother making them 3D? I like how it looks 3D better than alpha cutouts of chain links on a flat plane floating above his clothes.
Screenshots
Zombie Socks
#64 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 3:12 AM
I'd say add it as an accessory instead of part of the clothes so people have the option of which one they want to choose.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 3:18 AM Last edited by simgirl9089 : 20th Jul 2009 at 3:42 AM.
Well, it is an accessory. That's the problem hehe.

EDIT: I got it down to 1599 faces and 873 vertices.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 8:19 PM
Ill test it in-game. I am always willing to help.

"It's not the mesh ... It's not the texture ...It's not me ... I am pretty sure it's you."
Mez Isa Nintendork! Yayz Meez!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#67 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 8:22 PM
Alright, then! It's not ready yet, but when it is I'll PM you.
If anyone else wants to test, let me know!
Forum Resident
#68 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 8:38 PM
Alright, then! It's not ready yet, but when it is I'll PM you.
If anyone else wants to test, let me know!

*puppy eyes* what about me? I am your best friend I'll love to test things too

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:03 PM
I might not need testers, sorry guys.

I've thought about it and it's almost done to my liking, and if it looks alright in my game than I'll take pictures of it and see what you guys think. I hope to have it up soon though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#70 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:39 PM
Final shoes.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:49 PM
I might not need testers, sorry guys.

I've thought about it and it's almost done to my liking, and if it looks alright in my game than I'll take pictures of it and see what you guys think. I hope to have it up soon though.

That's okay, I wont be able to any more anyway.

"It's not the mesh ... It's not the texture ...It's not me ... I am pretty sure it's you."
Mez Isa Nintendork! Yayz Meez!
Zombie Socks
#72 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 9:32 PM
I am always available for testing. *wink wink hint hint nudge nudge* I think the tongue of the shoes could use a little more work, though. Right now it just looks like a black spot. The rest is great!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#73 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 2:13 AM Last edited by simgirl9089 : 24th Jul 2009 at 2:23 AM.
I was wondering if you'd ask.
Yea, that's a tough spot there, I'll work on it some more.

EDIT: Off topic, I know, but someone posted a few videos on Youtube of Kingdom Hearts sims, and they're using MY Destiny Islands! I was soooo happy when I saw that!
Mad Poster
#74 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 7:04 PM
Whoa! This keeps getting better and better simgirl! XD
I can't wait to download! I wish I could help with something, but nitpicking is not my talent

EDIT: THAT'S AWESOME!!!

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#75 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 7:54 PM
I'm glad you like it!
Locked thread
Page 3 of 23