Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Investment Opportunities

by userunknown Posted 29th Jun 2009 at 11:09 PM - Updated 28th Nov 2009 at 3:44 AM by userunknown : Updated

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 11:22 PM
Is this compatible with other core mods or no?
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 11:41 PM
How much money can you collect from each place?
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 12:03 AM
I actually came on here looking for something like this - the Landgraabs are trying to take over Riverview!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 12:10 AM
THANK YOU!!!

My sims have bought out the whole town... now its time for more!!! City hall looks like a money maker!
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 12:12 AM
Thank you so much for this! Though, I do have a request, it would be lovely if my artistically-minded sims could own their own art gallery. Just throwing it out there
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 12:52 AM Last edited by userunknown : 30th Jun 2009 at 1:11 AM.
The money you collect is proportionate to the other places in-game.Should be compatible with other mods.

Added a less time in jail package for you to download separate,the file was already there with the police station.Enjoy

Only install one or the other.
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 1:34 PM
Can you make a more time to spend in jail when caught by the police in the criminal career mode?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smochina4000
Can you make a more time to spend in jail when caught by the police in the criminal career mode?

The 1st file is set to the default of 6 hours,how much were you thinking of?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:23 PM
Thanks so much, I was really hopeing someone would make this mod, (Mr Burns wants control of city Hall.) I just think this is really cool, thanks sooo much. =D
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:30 PM
This is great. The more buildings you can buy the better in my opinion!
More money = happier sims!
One BIG question though: What do you have to do to make the option to become a partner in a business available?

Thanks,
Townieforsims

The difference between a good man and a bad man is the choice of cause.
WILLIAM JAMES

Simmers against Paysites.
~Dayle~
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:51 PM
How much money can you get from this places?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Townieforsims
This is great. The more buildings you can buy the better in my opinion!
More money = happier sims!
One BIG question though: What do you have to do to make the option to become a partner in a business available?

Thanks,
Townieforsims

As long as you have enough money to become a partner or buyout the business, the option will be there. The diner is the cheapest investment at $6000, so to unlock the become a partner option you have to save that much.
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:06 PM
Great idea thank you.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 4:49 PM
i cant seem to collect money from them.

I bought them the sim-week before (monday or tuesday) after collecting all my other investments, and got the deeds to all but the mausoleum.

THIS sim week (Monday, 9 PM) it says theres no money to collect, come after Monday, 9AM (!?!?!?!)

I'll wait another sim week and see. but get back to me in a PM or somthing on any ideas why this might happen?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 5:53 AM
rodier1128 did you have any problem collecting the money? Let me know how it's working.I'm not entirely sure how the collection goes except that it's once per week.What I don't know is how long it's supposed to take after investing or purchasing the property,if someone knows feel free to let us know.

I assumed it was a week after the purchase,could be wrong though.
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 5:00 AM
i think that the invest-buyout should be higher like a million or something so it can be a real thing
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 9:40 PM
I also wonders if this mod is compatible with Core Mods, just like GrayCurse, because there is no answer to it yet..
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 7:02 PM
you sure it's every week?, because my sim owns every other business and if she collects the money same days her pension, she cant collect any more until she's had 5 more pension checks
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 4:15 AM
Thanks! Works great - no problem collecting the revenue from any of them. :D
Test Subject
#21 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 8:39 AM
Worked great until I updated to patch 1.4.6 - now the option to collect money is gone, but the deeds still reside in my sim's inventory, I just can't do anything with them.
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 11:44 PM
No problem at all even with latest version of game. Just one little thing, there is a very small problem with french game. The text when trying to collect money is totally "system". But when you "click" on it it works fine.
The collect occurs Monday after 12. I bought all the "parts" Sunday afternoon and Monday at 12:01 started to collect. Very fine.
The only very strange thing is already with the "officials industries". When you are owner of a building, you have less money in percentage of investment than when you are only associate. You loose nearly 8%. I think it is really expensive to have the possibility to change the name of the building.
About the "art gallery", for me it is less "bad" to think that it is a business like the others, in real life you pay to visit it, than to think you can buy a City Hall. Are we in a democracy or not ? Even if you can buy some politicians, yes it is possible , it seems difficult to buy the whole system.

Just a question : When wil we have the possiblity to make houses and hotels on the lots ? Is it necessary to have Police Station, Military Base and City Hall to make an hotel ? Where are the railways stations and the Gas Company ?

Very good job, thank you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 3:37 AM Last edited by userunknown : 28th Nov 2009 at 4:07 AM.
*Updated for World Adventures Expansion Pack*
Test Subject
#24 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 7:49 PM
When I installed WA I lost the option to collect money it just always said come back after 9am on Monday, anyone found a solution to this. I would love to own the military base but no point donwloading this if I can't get any money
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 8:29 PM
I can't change my name in City hall anymore, is there a way to get this option back?
Page 1 of 2