Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No apple/watermelon gender disposition

by jonha Posted 26th Jun 2009 at 8:21 PM - Updated 13th Jun 2011 at 7:26 PM by jonha

102 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 97 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 5
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:30 PM
Oh, thank you so much for this mod. I thought the whole apple/watermelon thing was ridiculous as well. I could never figure out why all my sim families were having boys and unknowingly having my sim make apple pancakes wasn't helping matters any.

I'm sorry to hear it's not compatible with Ashkitty's longer pregnancy mod but this one I need bad!
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:35 PM
Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:51 PM
I would love to see this worked in with Ashkitty's mod.. I love her mod, but hate having to micromanage what my pregnant sim eats. Hopefully someone will come up with a way I can have my cake and eat it too some day!
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:09 PM
Should be easy. You have to make either my changes in ashkittys mod, or ashkittys changes in my mod. The former seems to be easier, as for my mod you have to change only one value in the XML file (or a few more, if you count the additional tuning), but I don't want to steal the whole stuff from ashkitty and make my small changes in it.

But you can be sure, that I will try to find a good solution.
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:38 PM
Is this compatible with Lostaccount's teen-pregnancy mod by any chance?
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:44 PM
It should be compatible with teen and same-sex pregnancy mods as I don't see a reason for them to change the resource I changed.

If you send me a download link, I will check and can tell you for sure.
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:57 PM
great idea. i didn't actually know about all this. i think as a rule pregnancy oughta be as random as possible, maybe some genetic predisposition programmed in
Inventor
#9 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 10:07 PM
Thanks for this wonderful mod! I hated having to watch what my pregnant sims were eating. Random is better.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 10:28 PM
I totally appreciate this. I wanted my sim to eat whatever she wants, without worrying about the sex of babies. Thanks for answering my want.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 10:34 PM
Thank you. But I still have no idea why EA made apples and watermellons choose the gender. Besides my Sims usually eat apples 60% more then watermellons so I usually have boys. Anyway thanks, and it's a great mod!
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:00 PM
very good , i take it
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:25 PM
Thanks you so so so much for this! My sims *live* off of apple pancakes, so this is a huge help! :D
Test Subject
#14 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:26 PM
I'm happy with this mod, seeing with the last pregnancy I had my sim eat about 5 apples and there were still 2 twin girls. I don't get that at all, anyone know how that's possible?

Also, is it possible to have a boy AND a girl?
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:26 PM
Is THAT why my family had seven boys?? I was wondering what the heck was up with that. Thank you SO much for this mod... I'll be installing it right away!

~~O criature sciocche, quanta ignoranza è quella che v'offende!~~
Mad Poster
#16 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:41 PM
i'd really like to use this. i have no idea why they'd do something stupid like making apples=boys and watermelon= girls. i can't install this one though because i have the longer pregnancy mod. maybe this one could be made compatible with that one somehow ? thank you anyways though.
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 12:03 AM
thats a good question, alphasoldier... ive only had one gender in all my twin and triplet births. all boys or all girls. hmmm...
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 12:43 AM
Woot thanks for this! ^_^ This part of the game frusterated me so much! much appreciated!
Alchemist
#19 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:04 AM
Thanks, I hated this feature.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:16 AM
Thank you! My family tree was ridiculously unbalanced and now I know why - those damned apple pancakes! I knew about the apple/watermelon thing but I didn't twig about the pancakes.

And it's a good question about the same-gender multiples. I've had may, many sets of twins and triplets and not once have they been different genders. I find that strange, especially since TS2 allowed different-gendered twins. Maybe this mod could be tweeked to make multiple birth genders completely random to? Just a thought as I have no idea how complicated that would be.

Anyway, great mod.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:35 AM
It's a shame this isn't compatible with longer pregnancy. As I always play sims with a long lifespan, that mod is more important to me. But I'd also really like this one.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 3:42 AM
My sims live on apples (I never bother giving them a kitchen) and it was messing up my game! EA could have definitely made the items to be less common or a specific recipe, like cheesecake in sims 2. So thank you so much for this!
Inventor
#23 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 4:07 AM
Thank you for this. My sims tend to love eating those apples and apple pancakes and one family even had five boys until I finally realized it was from her eating all those apple pancakes and apples. I think it's nice if you want to control the sex of your babies, but if you don't want to, well, it's annoying and silly to have to watch what the sim mothers eat.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:14 AM
Thank you so much for this. What a stupid stupid idea by ea this was.
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 6:55 AM
Ha! I knew there was a food thing related to birth, I just had no idea which foods! No wonder my apple tree-growing Sim family had five boys. I kept trying for a girl that just never happened.

They should have made it some specific meal, or rare fruits, rather than common ones.

Thanks for this!
Page 1 of 5