Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 12:47 AM
I just love Aussie, Canadian, Italian, and German classes. They are soo nice to listen too, and I can still understand them.

I HATE thick British accents. It's just, ugh. I tried to watch BBUK once and I could barely understand any of them.
Brooklyn. Two of my friends I walk home with are from Brooklyn and there African-American so sometimes its almost as hard to understand them as it is with British television. I swear I'm starting to pick some of it up though, I slip into a little New Yorker sometimes.

Back from the dead. Even though nobody cares.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 1:41 AM
I love the Australian accent, im from South Africa, and i moved to Australia almost 7 years ago and ever since i have fallen in love with it lol, i always try mimic it! i also love the English accent!!
#53 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 7:41 AM
There are none that I hate!I think all accents are special and unique in their own ways?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 9:18 AM
I love Italian accents
*swoon*

**No Requests**
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freakziilla
Scottish and irish accents are all kinds of awesome!
But I don't really like german and austrian accents. Am I weird for saying that?
Seriously, listening to Arnold Schwarzenegger talking english gives me a headache. :hmm:

In german I don't like any accents except for austrian, swiss and russian ones.
Actually I even like austrian german more than german german. It has a bit of a drawl and doesn't sound as harsh as normal german, but it's also rather hard to understand, especially if german isn't your first language.

I agree.. German German sounds so hard like they are commanding or something. I prefer the Swiss accent (I don't exactly know the Austrian accent).

In English I like the Russian accent and I think the French accent is very funny. Oh and if German people speaking English things say like 'economics' it sounds so funny. :Pimp: I don't like the American accent.
In Dutch I don't like Russian and other east-european accents. And I also don't like the American accent. And I don't like the Frisian accent. I only like spanish, greek, arabian and italian accent, but not when it's a very over the top accent, just a light accent.
Instructor
#56 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 12:11 PM
I completely LOVE British, as in 'proper' British accents.
French accents are fun to do, and completely sexy.
I find Scottish accents on guys so cute!

Ew, ones are HATE are Australian accents.
No offence, but those in over-the-top ones used in comedy are.. just Urgh.

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Scholar
#57 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 12:17 PM
I love British (RP), Scottish (lol, there's a certain kind of it), Irish (that faint lilt is so sexy) and Canadian accents, they sound so good!

I hate Cockney accents, I have trouble deciphering Yorkshire accents and I absolutely loathe the deep Southern drawl.

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Instructor
#58 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 11:55 AM
I love a gentle geordie accent, not the harsh ones, i find them too hard to understand. And i adore an aussie accent, makes me melt!

I hate (this will sound odd) A lot of people from Hull's accents. Its kinda yorkshire but it sounds awful, i know im from Hull but my accents nothing like this, it seems more to relate to the chavs around here

Video shows what i mean
#59 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 1:09 PM
I love and adore British English and have loved every British accent I have heard. There simply isn’t any other language or accent that would sound so sexy, adorable and cute.

I like Australian English too (although I know nothing about its regional accents) and I also like the fact that it has so many words of its own (for example g'day, barbie for barbecue etc.). I’ve never understood why so many people find Australian English hard to understand (or at least my English teacher and a few others).
Test Subject
#60 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 11:44 AM
I kind of like all accents (including the southern American accent which most people don't like). Perhaps the Hindu accent sounds a bit funny sometimes...
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 11:48 AM
Scottish, Australian and Irish accents take the cake for me. Other than that, there aren't any accents I don't like.
#62 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 1:55 PM
Love: English, American (not Paula Dean Southern types though), Australian, and Italian.

Like: Haitian, Jamaican (not the over the top ones), French, and Israeli.

Hate: Mexican, Cuban, Scottish, and a few others I can't remember.
#63 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jooxis84
I kind of like all accents (including the southern American accent which most people don't like). Perhaps the Hindu accent sounds a bit funny sometimes...

Hinduism is a religion. That's like saying "Christian accent".
#64 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 5:55 PM
Haha, when people say British accent, what kind?

There are so many:

Northern: Really Northern, say 'Aye' and stuff.

Westerly: People think I mean Welsh but I don't, places like Gloucester and North Devon have a strange variation of the Welsh accent, but I really like it.

Southern: The best! (Maybe I'm biased) Oxford accent fits it best, people say it's 'posh' but it isn't, we sound dead ordinary without being boring and monotone, people say it's addicting.

Toff: Yes, it counts! Proper posh, people get the stereotypical British accent from this, It's kinda annoying though. xD

There are probably more, any other Brits wanna add to this?
#65 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 6:05 PM
I like almost all accents, but Scottish is my favourite. When Johnny Reid talks I just melt!
I like the Southern accent the people in Tennesse have too. I thought that was pretty cool.
Not many accents I don't like.
Test Subject
#66 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 2:05 AM
i love new york city accents (brooklyn, queens etc). i used to hate them when i lived there but now i find them charming. i also like boston accents and cockney accents i HATE southern U.S. accents/dialect. and midwest/northern (idk how to describe the region... michigan, wisconsin, places like that). and sarah palin's accent.

Quote: Originally posted by LuteFanBoyNick
I just love Aussie, Canadian, Italian, and German classes. They are soo nice to listen too, and I can still understand them.

I HATE thick British accents. It's just, ugh. I tried to watch BBUK once and I could barely understand any of them.
Brooklyn. Two of my friends I walk home with are from Brooklyn and there African-American so sometimes its almost as hard to understand them as it is with British television. I swear I'm starting to pick some of it up though, I slip into a little New Yorker sometimes.

race has nothing to do with one's accent. region and upbringing etc. do.
get it straight. there are black people with british accents. there are black people with southern accents. there are black people with french accents.
Test Subject
#67 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 2:19 AM
I like French accents when women speak, but when men do, I dunno... I don't usually like it too much. I love the Bristish/French accents, though. Like when the French speak very good British English and then slip into a little Frenchness. So cute!

And I also like any sort of Irish/Scottish accent. So rugged and sexy sounding, rawr! Spanish accents (like Antonio Banderas) are nice, too. German accents, I like as well. They are thick sort of and pleasant sounding. Uh and Russian accents. Oh gosh, I dunno, I guess I like pretty much all accents that aren't American.

Maybe because I am American and an accent is not cool if it isn't exotic. Specifically, I hate heavy Southern accents! That nasal drawl! So irritating! (And I'm from Georgia -_- But I don't think my accent is very pronounced... I hope!)

Just a question, what do American accents sound like to non-Americans? A French person told me once that it sounded like we spoke while chewing gum and were making wah-wah-wah noises... Is it really that bad???
#68 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kusama
Jewish :lovestruc and French.

Heheheh. Those are the two accents I hate. My boyfriend's Jewish, so he'll constantly put on an incredibly stereotypical NJ Jewish rabbi accent, and it makes me want to slap him.

Although, Jerry Lewis had probably the cutest accent ever - and that was Jewish... but it was different somehow. Unique. And adorable.

But French. Eugh. Oh god, French. No. I see a typically gorgeous French man on the TV, and as soon as he opens his mouth I have to switch channels. So shallow.

Quote:
Toff: Yes, it counts! Proper posh, people get the stereotypical British accent from this, It's kinda annoying though. xD

Home Counties, woo! (my accent, and I'm very proud of it)
Field Researcher
#69 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Demon Dude
Haha, when people say British accent, what kind?

There are so many:

Northern: Really Northern, say 'Aye' and stuff.

Westerly: People think I mean Welsh but I don't, places like Gloucester and North Devon have a strange variation of the Welsh accent, but I really like it.

Southern: The best! (Maybe I'm biased) Oxford accent fits it best, people say it's 'posh' but it isn't, we sound dead ordinary without being boring and monotone, people say it's addicting.

There are probably more, any other Brits wanna add to this?

WOO ! i've got a southern accent :D

i think you've pretty much covered all the different accents there. unless you count 'chav' as an accent :P

Head Of Staff & Writer @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out
Field Researcher
#70 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 2:32 PM
I love Russian accents they're so awesome, Irish, Scottish, British, Canadian they're so quiet, American (From teh wild wild west of teh western xD, California, The North part yeah xD.

The only accents I dislike that are strong accents to where you don't understand them and I feel bad because I don't.

I have that Texas South accent we live on the border of Texas in Louisiana (10 minutes or less from the broder of it.) I try to talk the mainland American but I just can't my accent will slip through sometimes.. oh well :D.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 2:44 PM
I don't get it when Brits take offense to the collective term, "British accent". That's like me as a Swede getting offended by being labelled a European. I am one, Swedish is just a subset of that. Just like a scouse, Scottish or Welsh accent are all subsets of the British accent.

Besides, every country has very marked regional differences in dialects anyway. But for convenience's sake, these are usually grouped together.
#72 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 6:28 PM
It's usually because people stereotype us as being really posh and stuck up, there is also the fact that there are lots of different types, for instance a southern person would think a Western one sounds strange, (and vice versa) But in other countries people think everyone speaks the same, which annoys people who either don't fit the stereotype, or don't think they sound like someone from another region.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by declandabest
WOO ! i've got a southern accent :D

i think you've pretty much covered all the different accents there. unless you count 'chav' as an accent :P

Chav is pretty much indeciferable. It consists of shouting, slurring and adding 'mate' at the end of everything.

Ireland, Scotland and Wales come under Britain too (I love Irish accents mmmm).
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 6:42 PM
demon dude, posh and stuck up? lol i usually get sterotyped as being a 'chav' because i class myself as living in london if i'm asked where abouts in england if people don't know me but i actually live about a hour train ride away from london. lol. and i dont speak like "yeh bruv." and add mate at the end of every accent. but i somtimes say mate and my best friend is from stratford in london and says mate alot, he does'nt say anything else though just 'mate' and i've got into the habit lol but i only say it if im talking to him :P

anyway i i usually love northern accents ( only if they're not strong) but i met this girl and she has the most high pitch northern accent ever! its putting me off my favorite accent ..

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#75 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
Ireland, Scotland and Wales come under Britain too (I love Irish accents mmmm).

Northern Ireland is classed as Great Britain, but not Eire. And the two accents are completely different.

N. Ireland is the brogueish thick accent whilst Eire has the sweet, lilting one (but it does depend on region as well, that's just a stereotyped accent). My nan and grandad were from Eire, so had the beautiful, songlike accents - whilst a friend of mine's from N. Ireland and has an almost indecipherable accent.
Page 3 of 9