Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 5:44 AM
My middle name is a spelling variant of Chelsea

brianna chelsie

because my mom liked it

i always make fun of her and tell her she just didnt know how to spell it :P
Advertisement
Original Poster
#52 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 9:50 AM
i like tha name Brianna (lol one of my sims is named that)

lol like a said earlier hate my middle name but like my 1st name (Baily)
lol gotta have some luck hey :D
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 10:04 AM
One of my boyfriend's best friends' names is Paul Ravenscroft (insert equally awesome last name here). I'd have to say that's the most kickass middle name...ever..

My boyfriend has two middle names. He has his American one, Andrew, and his dad snuck in a Japanese one (He's full Japanese, but fourth generation, so VERY Americanized) at the last minute. His mom was a little confused when she saw the birth certificate. Haha. So he's Sean Andrew M-something...

Middle names are an interesting way of individualizing people, I suppose.
Instructor
#54 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 10:24 AM
Seeing that i'm Korean, i catually don't have a middle name.
That's all good with me, and is better than having one i don't like,
but i definitely want my kids to have unique, pretty, or long middle names.

Personally, i like the middle names Taylor, Zui, Victoria and Elle.

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Original Poster
#55 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 10:40 AM
lol had a few koreans come through work.... i bawled my eyes out laughing when i saw his name on a file "Young Bum *lastnamehere*" - seriously, wth did that come from
Forum Resident
#56 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AxelValentine
And to yell at a kid when they're in trouble.

I hate it when I hear parents do that. Fortunately my parents didn't do it. When a middle name (or middlenames) is used only when a child is being punished it gets a negative meaning. I don't think that's what the parents want when they name a child... My middle isn't used very often, but when it's used it has a positive meaning.
Scholar
#57 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 1:39 PM
I had a friend of mine name their son Riley Danger (Last name) ... so Danger is his middle name.... I think that's amazing... lol
Test Subject
#58 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 1:42 PM
I don't actually care about my middle names. They are cool cause you have more stuff to compare with your friends (a friend of mine had 5) but annoying because you only use them to fill in official papers. It would be shorter without them.
#59 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 2:08 PM
In our family we have sort of a tradition on my mom's side where the first born kid gets the middle name of her mother. Guess what mine is? Ann. Yes, I know, how original! My great-gran, gran, and mom all have this as our middle name!
Original Poster
#60 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 2:08 PM
lol

5!! that is a record - only rivalled by a media coverage on a kid named after an ENTIRE Soccer team like 26 or so names! heh hate to be that
#61 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 2:10 PM
only rivalled by a media coverage on a kid named after an ENTIRE Soccer team like 26 or so names! heh hate to be that

Wow! I thought two middle names were a lot!
#62 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 2:14 PM
I have no middle-name (sadly) but it's tradition in my husband-to-be's family to name your child whatever you like, then the middle names after your fathers. (or mothers, depending wether you have a boy or a girl) and I kinda like that idea :D
#63 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 2:16 PM
That's kind of a cool idea
Instructor
#64 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 2:32 PM
I use my middle name...didn't really liked my first name. *won't say*
Scholar
#65 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
In my family it's traditional to give kids whatever first name you want, and use a family middle name. So my middle name is Rose, after a beloved aunt.

Same here HP. My Grandmother is called Diana, so my Mum's and my middle name is also Diana. One of my sister's middle name is Louis, after my Grandmother on my Dad's side.

Aaaand my youngest sister is called Mabel Jane Winnifred. My parents, sister and I all picked a name. My sister picked Mabel, my parents picked Jane and I picked Winnifred because I didn't want another sister and decided to curse her with a crappy name. My parents where not going to use it until I threw a massive fit about how unjust the whole thing was, and decided last minute to add Winnifred when they were registering her name
Forum Resident
#66 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 7:00 PM
Eh, I guess my middle name isn't that bad, being as its my mom's maiden name, Bryson, but what makes it irritating is that my boyfriend thinks its funny to call me it. Thats whats really annoying about it. I think when I was little I didn't like it cause it seemed to me like a boy's name. My sisters middle name was Diane (my mom's name), my brother and Dads was Lee and my Mom's was Claudia so it struck me as not a real name. :D

My poor nephew though, actually the two oldest, one is Drake Lee, which sounds like one name to us and Walker William, which combined with his last name that starts with an F makes WWF (which is funny if your old enough to remember wrestling before their tiff with the World Wildlife Federation).

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
#67 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 6:09 AM
My middle name is Justine. Hannah Justine.

I like it.
Instructor
#68 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 7:16 AM
I probably complain about my middle name too much in general (lol) but I really don't like it.
My middle name is Rose, so I'm Emily Rose. I don't like it since it's pretty popular. Yeah, I guess it sounds good, but it's pretty uncreative lol. Then again, I'm glad it's not Elizabeth. Then I would be Emily Elizabeth, like from Clifford the Big Red Dog lol
#69 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 8:28 AM
My middle name is Colton, which I believe (as my parents have said) means "a light in the darkness" I think the meaning is pretty cool, but am kind of meh about the actual name.
Instructor
#70 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ferret II
Aaaand my youngest sister is called Mabel Jane Winnifred. My parents, sister and I all picked a name. My sister picked Mabel, my parents picked Jane and I picked Winnifred because I didn't want another sister and decided to curse her with a crappy name. My parents where not going to use it until I threw a massive fit about how unjust the whole thing was, and decided last minute to add Winnifred when they were registering her name

LOL that is awesome!! You winnn!! :laugh:

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#71 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 7:10 PM
Mine is Florence, and I used to hate it. I'm named after my mum's mum's sister. I started not minding it when I heard stories about great aunt Florence and realised how funny and feisty she was (I think being feisty is a trait of mum's side of the family, must be the Irish in them).

My first name (Ellen) was also taken after a relative on my dad's side of the family, a grandparent I think. You don't get many people called Ellen therefore people just have this amazing ability to either call me Helen, Ellie, Emma etc. I also have a pretty unusual last name, so people never get my name right! At least it's not boring!
Forum Resident
#72 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by D63121
My middle name is Rose, so I'm Emily Rose
I think thats pretty! i have a sim called Emily Rose! :D

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Scholar
#73 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cassieandra
LOL that is awesome!! You winnn!! :laugh:

YAY! I know that I'm going to get beaten up when my sister gets a bit older haha!
Original Poster
#74 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 10:01 PM
lol i feel jaded that i didnt get that opporunity.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ferret II
YAY! I know that I'm going to get beaten up when my sister gets a bit older haha!

blame it on your young-en-ness.
you should put that in a speech like for her wedding or graduation.
Page 3 of 8