Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 11:09 PM
I think it's beginning to look really great! At first I couldn't "See" it at all but now I absoltuely do!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 12:25 AM Last edited by artrui : 10th Apr 2009 at 2:33 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kopple36
This is truly brilliant! I especially love the night time shot.
I see in the blueprints there is some sort of "rock" near the edges connecting to the ground, that's all I could really think that you could do. Great work!

Thanks! Yes. I will use Marvine's rocks for that part. Then, a little garden belongs to the rest work of its outside.
The inside of the castle is still in a mess. That takes just time to finish.

I'm searching for every new idea to deal with the Sims! To me this game's just like a tool. One can change and create everything he/she wants!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 4:52 PM
Now, the rocks and garden. How about it?

I'm searching for every new idea to deal with the Sims! To me this game's just like a tool. One can change and create everything he/she wants!
Test Subject
#29 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 6:22 PM
The decoration around the wall looks very natural...even a bit savage. Beautiful! But these little bushes on the lawn seem to be a bit randomly dropped to me. They'd look better under a tree with some darker (maxis) terrain paint...or just remove them; like that, you'll save the gardener's fees.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 7:49 PM
like so?

The maxis trees are too big for that castle. I choose only shurbs for the lawn. The fee would not be saved. But the gardeners should feel comfortable to do their jobs. :D

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 8:18 PM Last edited by artrui : 12th Apr 2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: garage
After many changs..... the main tower is pretty higher now. Just a bit higher. You can see the light from there.
By the way, how about the garages there?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 10:42 PM Last edited by artrui : 12th Apr 2009 at 3:08 PM.
Default The next building step--make floorplans: Help me?
Do you have interest to help me to design the inside of Disney Castle? The castle could be build as residential, hotel, appartment or what ever. I'd like to hear your ideas. I'm curious, what will comes

looks a little complicated?

Theorist
#33 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 10:54 PM
I'm lucky enough to have seen the castle in real life. ;D
And I think that it needs a slightly pinker colouring to the walls. It looks a little bit like a blank canvas, and it needs that vavavoom that only Disney can provide.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Zombie Socks
#34 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 10:55 PM
Pink? The walls are white on the original castle.

It's coming along very very nicely! What windows do you plan to use?

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Theorist
#35 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 10:56 PM
That would be an awesome apartment! I'd download it, just to try it out. ;D

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Theorist
#36 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whitewaterwood
Pink? The walls are white on the original castle.

It's coming along very very nicely! What windows do you plan to use?

Really? I thought it was pink. It was pink when I saw it.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 10:57 PM
Until now, I've made the floorplans in rough as follow:

and

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 11:09 PM Last edited by artrui : 10th Apr 2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: reason for pink
Well, I think, the maxis blue roofs match white wall better. But pink is good idea. I will perhaps make the princess rooms in pink.
The maxis windows are too big for that towers. I hope to find small one. It should be very very small. When not, I would place no windows there.

Banned
#39 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 11:22 PM
I think it should be a hotel. Disney had this thing going on where you could stay in Cinderella's castle a while back, don't know if they still are doing that or not. But I think it would go really well as a hotel. I may even have to dust off my bon voyage and install it again, just to download this lot as a hotel
Zombie Socks
#40 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 1:30 AM
Hmmm... The hotel idea sounds nice, but there probably isn't enough space to have all those rooms. The disney hotel room thing was, I think, a one time offer. You had to win something. But if you wanted to include it in the castle, the room is beautiful!

http://hotels.about.com/od/disneywo...nderella-Suite/

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 1:43 AM
slightly pinker like that? And how about that blue one?

Perhaps, I kann make it in 3 lot types. Please choose a wall color for residential, hotel or appartment.

Zombie Socks
#42 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 3:00 AM
For the outside? The castle's outer walls are a combination of grey bricks and white bricks. The castle itself is pure white.

http://hotels.about.com/od/disneywo...la-s-Castle.htm

Any color effects are just the lighting, which changes every few minutes.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 12:36 PM
Thanks for that links. The photos there are amazing. You are right. Now, I've made the grey-white bricks for that walls. But there are different photos of disney castle and they have differnt looks... I think, white wall with blue roof is a classic combination. I will save it anyways. It's also sweet to make pink or blue castles. It is just like disney colors. Do you think if it is necessary to build three castles?
I've made test for those colors:

I think, man should make powder blue roof recolor for that pink one and an other color (instead of that grey-white bricks wall) for that blue one. Good?

Mad Poster
#44 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 1:45 PM
white.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 2:01 PM Last edited by artrui : 11th Apr 2009 at 6:30 PM.
another question about hotel:

I've never built a hotel lot yet. Are there any guide about hotel building? Which one of that build cheat changeLotZoning [residential/community/greek/dorm/secretsociety/apartmentbase/secretwitchlot] should I choose? Where can I find reception, restaurant etc. in maxis catalog?

*I've found the answer already.*

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 4:07 PM
I've made new wall for that tower:

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 8:39 PM Last edited by artrui : 11th Apr 2009 at 8:51 PM.
Wow! I'm glad to see my NEW WALLS in game view:

Forum Resident
#48 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 10:06 PM
it looks AMAZING!!!!!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 10:58 PM Last edited by SimArchitect : 11th Apr 2009 at 11:28 PM.
Just an absurd thought!

Instead of making it a bunch of rooms like in a hotel, just make it a vacation home?
Or a one room hotel. Like a million dollar suite?

I would love to have that as my vacation home!

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Zombie Socks
#50 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 12:05 AM
Wow! That's looking better every photo! One thing you might want to consider is putting circular roofing on the tops of the towers lining the outer wall instead of the pointed roofs.

Locked thread | Locked by: whiterider Reason: Threadcromancy is bad, k.
Page 2 of 7