Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 7:52 PM
I'm not an expert on this kind of thing, but one thing I noticed is her mouth is almost square-ish in that picture you're comparing her to. Maybe add some plump-ness to the upper lip?

Otherwise, it looks like it's giong to turn out great!
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 8:01 PM
ok! Thank you. I think I've decided on using someone else's skin though, and thn just adding some things to it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 1:30 AM
Hey! I kinda gave up on the skin. I guess I'll just ask permission to use Chakaru's skin.

Anyway, all this time, I've been work on Ayu. Here she is so far...

and content-less (except for the eyes)

and here's a real pic of Ayu

The eyes I made from a photo of Ayumi...the lipgloss really needs work, as you can tell. The rest of the content is by Peggy, Helaene, Chakaru and others I forget!

Pleeease, if you have any feedback whatsover, tell me! I love to hear feedback! Please be as honest as you can, too! Thanks
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#29 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 4:03 AM
eyebrows are too long and too tilted

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Test Subject
#30 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 4:53 AM
I'm not an expert on making Sims, but I think her face needs to be a bit more round.
And her nose needs to be a bit wider (The bottom part that is)
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 5:23 PM
Thanks I'll try that...anything else?
Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 5:30 PM
Added new pic:

I tilted the eyebrows a bit, and made the nose wider at the bottom. nything else?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 3:12 AM
i actualy like the eyebrows better before
the eyes look great bye the way
the nose looks too round here now
also to the right of the nose it looks really bumpy
the lipstick doesnt look right either- try softining the edges - they look a little too sharp

(\__/)
( ^.^)
(")__(")98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 4:11 PM
The eyebrows really aren't right, theyre much straighter along the arch and a bit thicker too. They are also a bit lighter than the ones you have here. And I agree, the lip color is a bit weird, try to find something more natural. The edge of the nose slopes down a bit too much and it should be a little wider. You should also fix the eye makeup, it looks like its being stretched. Great start though, keep working on it and she'll look great.
Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 12:37 AM
The bumps are definately bodyshop, there isn't an option for me to change the 'bumpiness' of the face. And those eyebrows, I'm going to change them, I might even make them, if I can...and weird? Why are all of my creations 'weird'? I'll try to fix them but...*sigh*. But I do agree with the makeup, as that was my very first try Thanks for the help, I'll keep going with it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 4:42 AM
I finally know how to make skin! I think, the overall project for the skin turned out ok...what do you think? Please, I hope I don't have to redo the skin all over again, I worked on it for over a dozen hours. Well, here's some pics of Ayumi. I made her earrings (and they are supposed to have white on the edges). They're not exactly like this picture here http://metanorn.kokidokom.net/wp-co...9/02/coverb.jpg but oh well.

Btw, the skin was based on the lightest maxis skintone, which really sucked
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#37 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 5:27 AM
wow. MUCH closer. The lipstick looks really odd, though. It's too dark along the border between the two lips. I'd say pull the tip of the nose out a tiny bit, bring the eyes closer together by a click. the hair is defiantly the best choice yet.

By the way, is this the same girl as in the old animated series hihipuffyamiyumi? (spelled VERY badly )

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Scholar
Original Poster
#38 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 5:35 AM
Oh thanks for the tips, Raps! I think she looks much better, too. I actually meant the lips to be separated in between, so that it looks like her mouth somewhat open :P

I like the hair too! You think I should just keep it that way? Because I like it.

No, she's not from that show :P, but good try
Mad Poster
#39 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 5:42 AM
Hair: keep it.

Lips: IDK, those kinds of lips never look entirely right to me. She looks really pursed.

Oh, whoops. who was that then? It looked just like her.

Scholar
Original Poster
#40 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 5:47 AM
Oh lol. One of the voice actors? Well...obviously I will try to upload her sometime, not yet though, no way, but when I do, if she gets rejected I will change her lips!
Mad Poster
#41 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:05 AM
Well, DUH. Was it BASED off her?

Hmmm, one other thing, the eyebrows are too sloped near the nose. Maybe bring them up a bit?

Oh, new kart up by the way.

Scholar
Original Poster
#42 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:07 AM
No, it wasn't BASED on here

I will be sure to change her eyebrows...now

I saw the kart. Great work. I will comment on it as soon as I change her brows!
Mad Poster
#43 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:09 AM
If I may nitpick some more, her lips almost seem too flat. :\

Scholar
Original Poster
#44 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:11 AM
Flat? You want them to be more plump, you mean? I'll change that then.

I added feedback to your thread, btw.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:14 AM
mainly the lower lip. A tiny bit on the top, but more on the bottom.

Scholar
Original Poster
#46 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:17 AM

How's that? Don't mind the little shadows on the face, they're bodyshop, I'm pretty sure. I plumped out the lip, mainly the bottom like you said, and I also raised the eyebrows a bit.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#47 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:30 AM
much better. now I think 2 things should be done. Widen the base of her nose a bit, and bring her eyes close together. Notice that in the second pic on your first post that the corners of her eyes come in further than the edges of the base of her nose. Let me try a picture:

Notice how the lines coming from the corner of her eyes overlap with the base of her nose on the real, but not on yours? That should be changed a bit.

Also:

Notice how the eyes don't line up. I'm not exactly sure how you'll want to fix that, but I lined up the chins and lips. I'd shorten the face a bit.

Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:42 AM
Wow, thanks! I have made some little changes, too. Just little tweaking here and there, and it does actually make a difference. I'll update with new pics soon.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:44 AM
the eyebrows and lips look better by the way.

Scholar
Original Poster
#50 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:51 AM
Ok thanks

I changed her, but what a mess she is

Screenshots
Locked thread | Locked by: justJones Reason: do not delete-useful info
Page 2 of 3