Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 4:28 AM Last edited by missMSBplayer : 8th Mar 2009 at 6:56 AM.
Default Going to Make Ayumi Hamasaki! *New Pic Updated March 8 at 12:51 AM*
Ok, first off, if you don't know who Ayumi Hamasaki is, she's a Japanese Pop (J-Pop) singer. I have decided to make her as a sim, since I' not sure what else to do for my other sim, Sakura, and I find that Ayumi has a nice face . So, let's start off.

I'm going to make the skin. But,...I'm not quite sure how to make textures on the face and on the body (I know how to change the brightness, contrast, ect.). If someone could help me with that, it's much appreciated.

I'm getting the hang of making makeup, but I really need help with mascara, big time.

Clothes...? I'll probably use someone else's, with their permission, of course!

Hair, well, I still need to look into that. Not sure what hairstyle I want her to have at the moment.

-Eyes I will make
-Eyebrows I will make

So here's some pictures of Ayumi

I am starting the skin and will be updating with pictures soon.

I'm looking forward to your advice!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 4:31 AM
I like this idea, as Ayumi is a really pretty one.

I can't wait to see some sim pictures!

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 4:32 AM
It'll be a working progress, so you won't see the full sim yet! And I agree, Ayumi is really pretty.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 7:54 AM
Well, I've been working on it for 3 hours now, and here's the bodyshop model witht the female adult skin...tell me how you like it (or don't )
Screenshots
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 8:00 AM
It really doesn't look much like her right now. I would suggest a different, softer-looking skintone, maybe one of Teru_k's. And when making the face, don't be afraid to do things that might make the sim look ugly. If you keep trying to duplicate the features, hopefully they will eventually come together.

In general, face needs to be rounder and shorter, lips thinner, nose wider at the nostrils, and eyes round and maybe further apart.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 8:03 AM
That is the bodyshop model, I haven't even started working on the sim yet!
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 9:27 AM
Here, this is her so far. I can't seem to get the nose right. Please help!

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 9:46 AM
well, the eyes are wayyy to tilted and huge compared to the model's. Shrink them and return them to normal tilt or therabouts. You need to raise and round the jaw some, and the eyebrows need to be peaked at the outsides.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 1:30 PM
The eyes are too large, And they're only slightly tilted on the original person.
Ayumi has quite a pale skintone, So try using someone elses (If they give permission) as a base for Ayumi's, You can edit it nicely from there.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 2:38 PM
Ok, I will try that and update with pictures soon. Thank you!
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 3:56 AM
Hey sorry I took so long (well not really). Haven't worked on her much...

Her eyes (the iris) need to be bigger compared to the picture. I haven't dealt with the skintone yet, this is just someone else's (forget who's) skintone. I'll get to changing the skin later. Btw this is without makeup.

I can't seem to get her face wider. Right now the shape of her head looks somewhat like a peanut

If anyone can help that would be awesome
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 4:27 AM
much better than the first version.

Okay...raise the face one click, narrow the point of the jaw by a click, tilt the eyes closer to normal by 1 or 2 clicks, make them 2 or 1 clicks narrower sideways, turn the point of the nose up one click.

Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 4:29 AM
wow thanks, I will try that raps!
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 4:56 AM
Here she is....she seems terrible and ugly..no joke.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#15 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 5:23 AM
hmmm, the whole face seems too long. actually, just go back to before you did what i suggested, and start from there. I don't seem to have helped. :\ We're missing something here...

Theorist
#16 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 8:11 AM
Nice, If you make your newest version just shorter if you know what I mean... I forgot if it's possible though.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 8:42 AM
Ok, I'll see what I can do..It seems so hard. Right now I'm going to work on her skin.
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 8:57 AM
Here, I'm making the skin. It's based on the (crappy) maxis lightest skintone. I don't know how to make these really, this is my first try at anything like this as far as skin goes.

The problem is, I don't know how to make it not look so chunky. As youu can see, it looks very layered. I don't know how to get rid of that. If anyone could help, that would be great
Screenshots
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 12:19 PM Last edited by Simulitis : 16th Feb 2009 at 12:27 PM.
Hey MissMsB,
which graphics programme do you use? If you have the Gimp, try to smoothen the borders between the different pieces of skin with the clone and heal tools (don't use the smudge as this will only render your texture awfully blurry). Then, pick the colour in the corners of the image and paint arount the pasted face with a big, soft brush in order to make it blend in nicely with the rest of the skin.
But, before you do that, remember that every face part you paste in there needs to fit the maxis face exactly; otherwise, the texture will be all stretched and ugly on your model. You can check the position of the mouth, nose etc. by pasting these on a seperate transparent layer over the maxis texture and lowering this new layer's opacity until you can see though it.

(Edit: And for the new facial structure: Yep, it is far too long, but I think it looks more like Ayumi's than the other one. Maybe try to broaden her forehead, move up her mouth and make her nose shorter. Good luck! )
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simulitis
Hey MissMsB,
which graphics programme do you use? If you have the Gimp, try to smoothen the borders between the different pieces of skin with the clone and heal tools (don't use the smudge as this will only render your texture awfully blurry). Then, pick the colour in the corners of the image and paint arount the pasted face with a big, soft brush in order to make it blend in nicely with the rest of the skin.
But, before you do that, remember that every face part you paste in there needs to fit the maxis face exactly; otherwise, the texture will be all stretched and ugly on your model. You can check the position of the mouth, nose etc. by pasting these on a seperate transparent layer over the maxis texture and lowering this new layer's opacity until you can see though it.

(Edit: And for the new facial structure: Yep, it is far too long, but I think it looks more like Ayumi's than the other one. Maybe try to broaden her forehead, move up her mouth and make her nose shorter. Good luck! )

Thank you for the tips! Actually, I have Photoshop Elements. I see what you mean about smoothing out or feathering the edges.

Actually, I tried to soften it, but I couldn't find and "soften" tool.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 3:53 PM
Did you merge everything all ready? If you didn't, you still have time. Elements has the brush/erase tool right? Try and pick the fuzzy brush to erase the edges of where you cut the skin. If you watched my video, I show how to do it. Also save FIRST, as a Photoshop document, then go and overwrite the "afface" texture. The skin looks great, but, yeah, just the "cut" lines that need to be fixed.
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 8:02 PM
Thanks. I try to do that..but...the colours aren't the same in some spots. Take a look at the pic I included.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#23 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 4:25 PM
Hmm.. I'm not a Skin maker so I can't help you there...

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Theorist
#24 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 8:23 AM
OK, since I know ow to photoskin well I'm telling you this; If you use photoshop on the layers when you paste stuff you can change the opacity so it fits better.

Also don't just plop a picture of her face onto the texture thingy do it in bits so you can adjust things so they fit... I think you should have a look at some tutorials then try again. But otherwise I really like the sim it looks perfect!
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 9:53 PM
Ok, thanks.

First of all...I've changed the opacity quite a bit. Also, I didn't just "plop" the picture on to there. If I did, it wouldn't fit right at all. I'm not a complete beginning (although it does seem), If you looked at the latest pic, you could see clearly that it's not in one piece. There's the arrow pointing close to the right (or HER left) eye, indicating that it is a different layer, and a different colour. And yes, I've tried different layering, like the eyes at the front, the forehead in the back, but it doesn't help one bit. Please, help!
Locked thread | Locked by: justJones Reason: do not delete-useful info
Page 1 of 3