Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Do both! Nice doors; beautifuly ugly!

Hey, do you think you could grunge-up some EA/Maxis objects for us? Use the original textures, but dirty them up a bit.

I can not do both, because in one object only can be two things recolorables,
I have base, white, red, green, (now) yelow and brown, only . with this i make all recolor you can see up.
Do you know what I mean?, This is the reason for my question
"what do you think that it´s better glass recolorable or like this doors?"
thanks
for the other sugestion:
I´ve thought about to make a broken versions of maxis objects with slave textures and some grunge recolors. Do you think it´s a good idea?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 10:24 PM
This set is so cool! I too would download now without any changes.
As for the question about the doors; do you mean should you put in glass or leave them as wood? if you do then i would say leave it as wood, im not keen on glass in doors seperating room although its ok in front doors. However this is a personal preference and others may feel different.

I think bronken versions of maxis stuff would be great and i would definetly download.
keep up the excelent work :D

Comments Feed the Hamsters of my Imagination!
Scholar
#53 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 10:34 PM
If your object have 2 subsets, it's perfectly possible to make the inner part, for instance, either wood or glass via TXMT settings.
Quote:
I´ve thought about to make a broken versions of maxis objects with slave textures and some grunge recolors. Do you think it´s a good idea?
Have you any doubt about how good this idea is ? :D

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 12:29 AM Last edited by guatla : 26th Jan 2009 at 1:24 PM.
add a pic of glass door...
i must say that it´s a slave object... i have subsets:
wood and wood2 in simple door
wood, wood2 and glass in other
because that i must choose glass or wood2

in pic the election is wood2.
yes, I can made two recolorabele but it can not be a slave object and it will be more heavy file.
be free, if you have any sugestion for the door-door glass

thanks all
Screenshots
#55 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 2:20 AM
"I can not do both, because in one object only can be two things recolorables,...."

Who says you can`t make two different door objects?

As for grunging up some EA/Maxis objects, "I´ve thought about to make a broken versions of maxis objects with slave textures and some grunge recolors. Do you think it´s a good idea?", all I`m suggesting is to make some grunged-up recolors; nothing fancy; no need to go making new objects with "broken" meshes when simple "dirty" recolors of many objects will suffice.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Scholar
#56 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
"... no need to go making new objects with "broken" meshes when simple "dirty" recolors of many objects will suffice.
Objection ! No limitation on Artist's creativity ! Yes, we need "broken" meshes (especially from persons who are able to give this sparkle of realism on used object instead of pure junk)

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 5:53 PM Last edited by guatla : 26th Jan 2009 at 1:23 PM.
windows, in this case the glass is recoroleable.

and I go back to the question about the door ... glass or wood
exquema a deputy to make glass and wood2 recolorable,
but I have a problem with the "alphablendmode = true" for make glass...
There is a way to work with solid materials + alpha, but the glass looks bad.
wood2 or glass...
do you know any way that work fine with soil+alpha?
the other question about broken meshes
there are goods grunge recolors for maxis objects in web... I wanted go one step more, only...
Screenshots
#58 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pixelhate
Objection ! No limitation on Artist's creativity ! Yes, we need "broken" meshes (especially from persons who are able to give this sparkle of realism on used object instead of pure junk)
Please, pixelhate, re-read what I said: "no need to go making new objects with "broken" meshes when simple "dirty" recolors of many objects will suffice."

I never ruled out making new meshes when simple recolors won`t suffice.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 10:30 PM Last edited by guatla : 26th Jan 2009 at 1:23 PM.
it´not perfet but...
the wood2 and glass work together...
any suggestions...?
pd. the strange effects is solved, thakns pixelhate
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 6:13 PM Last edited by guatla : 26th Jan 2009 at 1:23 PM.
i am working in win-door set, it is not finish...
i want make a tall window, doble window, tall door, arch, doble arch,... a whole set... I would prefer not to bore you...
I am not sure about the big door:
partitions must be like simple door...?
the door glass must be difernt to the top glass...? (trasparent glass)
other thing that i have not thought... ?
thank everyone in advance
all views are welcome, even the bad reviews.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 7:50 PM
I like that pattern on the glass very much!
Here are my suggestions for the door. I like the right one best.

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 5:14 PM Last edited by guatla : 26th Jan 2009 at 12:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by psychosim0
I like that pattern on the glass very much!
Here are my suggestions for the door. I like the right one best.

thanks so much... now i ´m working in low doble door...
I add a pic with the win-door set... (it is not finish) and recolors
I start this set to put into the the lot... i like interior look but i am not sure of outside look...

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#63 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 2:46 AM Last edited by guatla : 1st Feb 2009 at 1:19 AM.
I am preparing to finish updating the kitchen ...
I have reviewed some recolor
What do you think?
anything more
What is missing in the kitchen?...

thanks...
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 5:11 PM
Nice. You may add a normal, freestanding trash bin.

Scholar
#65 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 6:07 PM
How far will you go ? At this point there's a call for cluttering...

The overall impression is really great !

Banned
#66 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 7:54 PM
I'm sort of confused, sorry.But is this a lot, or a collection of buy mode items?
#67 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:23 PM
It is a collection of buy- and build-mode items. I already have some of the earlier ones in my game.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#68 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
I'm sort of confused, sorry.But is this a lot, or a collection of buy mode items?

actually, they are two thing at same time...
I started to complete the kitchen... at time
I was building the lot
and I thought: if i make the stuff for the lot... kitchen, bath, ...living , ...
Instead of looking for things for the lot, I make things for the lot...
Grouping things together is to have an order and close sets, not only do things loose... to give meaning
You know, What i mean?
perhaps I should wait to upload sets to finish the lot...
I do not know, this is crazy ... lol
Zombie Socks
#69 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 9:15 PM
I love it all so much! The only the that bothers me is the kitchen table. The legs of the table pointing outwards look a bit odd and the table cloth looks a bit too short. I look forward to the rest of it, though! Your textures are amazing!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:58 PM Last edited by guatla : 1st Feb 2009 at 1:19 AM.
I have the legs of the table a little less open and the oilcloth a little longer ...
only for experts eyes... lol
the trashcan is the more ugly object that i made

thanks all
Screenshots
Zombie Socks
#71 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 12:23 AM
Well, realistically, the edges of the cloth would be pulled down by gravity.

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
shiny!
retired moderator
#72 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 12:32 AM
I've seen table clothes made of thicker material lay down like that.. Mostly this plasticy crappy stuff. This stuff I'm thinking of fits perfectly with that kind of set. Personally, the table cloth isn't bothering me.
Scholar
#73 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whitewaterwood
Well, realistically, the edges of the cloth would be pulled down by gravity.

True ! But also depending on cloth quality. I remember the one on the kitchen table in my youth; the corners where curled up !

Guatla, your set is bringing me memories, I never thought it could be possible..
Again, thank you !

Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 12:50 AM
Cheap, thick plastic cloth falls like that, that kind of cloth fits well with the theme. As long as the texture is plastic enough, not to be mistaken for woven fabric, it's fine.

Zombie Socks
#75 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 12:58 AM
I was assuming it was normal cloth because it matched the cloth hangings on the cabinets and chairs. Maybe add a little shine to it if it's plastic?

Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: do not delete - contains useful infos, links & pictures (uploaded but still useful to meshers)
Page 3 of 15