Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 6:46 PM
That looks great!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Advertisement
#27 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 8:06 PM
May I suggest that you add --especially to your cabinets and other items that you might have more than one of-- some additional recolors that have the missing paint and other details different, but with the same actual colors?

For example, one of your cabinets has the paint missing from the bottom of one of the doors. It looks strange to have two cabinets with identical defects side-by-side. If there was a matching recolor with different pieces of paint missing, it would look MUCH better.

Meanwhile, you seem to be the King of Grunge. Good job! Es mui buenos.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Mad Poster
#28 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 11:05 PM
Oh my god! Apart from the point of the cabinets with identical defects, that is perfect. I could probably use these in stories. How much will they cost?

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#29 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 12:45 AM
All of this looks completely awesome. Two things that I'd love to see in this kitchen, since you were asking for suggestions: a properly grungy trashcan, and a mirror – I imagine this would be used in small, cheap apartments that don't necessarily have a sink in the bathroom, or a bathroom proper, so the residents would likely be brushing their teeth in the kitchen. I guess a trashy recolour of the cheapest Maxis mirror (the square one from the base game) would work nicely.

Also, for larger households a 1x2 version of the kitchen table would be very welcome.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 1:25 AM
Omg Quatla that all looks disgusting well done lol!

It looks like an Eastern Bloc type dwelling I saw 15 years ago in Gdansk

Excellent!

Please note: This account is stolen from my son! I R RubberMan! NOT RubberBoy! Thank you :)

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.
-- Dick Van Dyke
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 1:59 PM Last edited by guatla : 19th Jan 2009 at 11:48 PM.
the cabinet "defect": i add a new cabinet, it is more simple that make a recolor...
i m working in 2x1 table and when i start with the bath set I will made the mirror( I like very much the idea, thanks)
I made a trashcompactor but probably I will made a trashcan...
the price ...
How much do you pay? ...(in game, of course)
cabinets
dishwasher
trashcompactor
chairs
stools
table
thanks all very much
pd. the fridge door missing is a recolor
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 12:00 AM Last edited by guatla : 1st Feb 2009 at 1:20 AM.
I make a fluorescent lamp, I make glow intermitent (like a real fluorescents went it is old)... what do you think about the lamp?
And the mop?

I add a pics of a 2x1 table...
I must make a no-broken lamp... ?....

thanks all in avance
Screenshots
Theorist
#33 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 12:06 AM
I like the lamp and how it's slightly broken... lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 4:03 PM
The mop fits perfectly!

And the light is flickering? Awesome! I didn't know that is possible. Though I think that broken side hangs a bit too low. It looks like that side doesn't have contact anymore and the lamp wouldn't work like that. So make the angle about only half of what it is now and it should be perfect. Hope you get what I mean.

Yes, an un-broken version would be nice, also one which is not flickering. Because it would be strange if ALL lamps would be broken and flickering.

Lab Assistant
#35 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 5:27 PM
my gosh your work is stunning! :lovestruc
will as someone else said, download this in a heartbeat without any changes, but also think maybe the light should not hang as low as it is.
i love the colours too, especially the green.
would you consider a yellow recolour? quite pale and bright, as many cheap and nasty kitchens i have seen tend to be a 60s yellow ( not dark or mustard though)
but of course all the colours here are more than enough, just my 2 cents

and why is it only teenage sims get the cool outfits?! i'll have you know us in our twenties and beyond have as much fun with clothes! *sob*
Scholar
#36 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 1:22 AM
Really full of character. It starts to look and feel like home in time travelling ! Hey, what about a kitchen clock ?

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
#37 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 6:44 PM
Regarding the broken lamp, the tubes should not hang down AT ALL, because if a real lamp of that kind were to hang like that, it would fall all the way out as soon as you let go of it. Also, the lamp could not light at all unless both ends were attached correctly. On the other hand, one with a missing bulb would be great!

As for how much Sims should have to pay for this excelent "junk": far, FAR less than for "good" stuff of the same kind. Divide the usual price of the least expensive by about four or so.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 9:00 PM
I made broken lamp less "broken", and a version un-broken un-flickering.
The missing tube ... I am thinking...
The stuff cost: 1:1=1, 2:1=2, 3:1=3,..., n:1=n lol
smoke detector shape like a clock, can it be a kitchen clock ... ?...
The yelow recolor... green, red, white, brown,... yelow,... Blue?,... pink :s,...
yelow, I will look for a matching cloth
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 11:46 PM Last edited by guatla : 1st Feb 2009 at 1:20 AM.
yelow recolor, what do you think?

i´m not sure about the blue counter top...

thanks all
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#40 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 12:56 AM
Maybe change the colour of the counter top to the same shade of yellow?

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
#41 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 2:01 AM
I`d say "Looking good", but that doesn`t exactly fit the situation.

Instead, I`ll say "Looking appropriately bad".

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 2:04 PM Last edited by guatla : 1st Feb 2009 at 1:20 AM.
firealam-clock, is it too "new-clean"?
new texture/recolor

i will change 2007 for 1984 or 2001 ... any classic more?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by guatla
firealam-clock, is it too "new-clean"?

Yes mate, dirty it up a little to fit in with the rest but...as always you impress me with your ideas :D

Please note: This account is stolen from my son! I R RubberMan! NOT RubberBoy! Thank you :)

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.
-- Dick Van Dyke
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 4:55 PM
lamp is much better, yellow is nice. The blue countertop in combination is ugly, in a good way. But wouldn't mind if you change it to a similar yellow or a yellowish white (like a fromer white that has tarnished).

For the clock, hm. Like RubberBoy said, a bit more dirt to fit. And I'd appreciate a recolor with only the clock (without numbers). I don't like the idea of having 23/2007 forever. Or, if you make it a broken clock, give it a date like 1991 or something.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 7:13 PM Last edited by guatla : 1st Feb 2009 at 1:21 AM.
well, I made other countertop for yelow recolor(it looks better in my mind) and i change the countertop brown recolor... and I add a pics with some variants of top-finish counter with previous recolor.

Thanks all very much

update:
I re-change the top (in stove you can see the old)
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 1:23 AM Last edited by guatla : 21st Jan 2009 at 7:15 PM.
I´m working in a doors and windows set ( for building), What do you think?it´s only an idea...
thaks all for your opinions
pd. any name for lot....?
pd2. anything more for kitchen...?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 10:48 AM
"yelow recolor, what do you think?"

wow that is the exact yellow i had in mind!!
like the tiled counter top as they are tacky so fit the whole scheme, but would work also with a simple cream/beige colour that looked worn and dirty
thanks for the yellow recolour
liking the doors as they are as hideous as the rest of the set ( of course the term "hideous" is positive in this case!)

and why is it only teenage sims get the cool outfits?! i'll have you know us in our twenties and beyond have as much fun with clothes! *sob*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 2:34 PM
this is a 1º attempt to door texture... i will made two texture wood with independet recolor

thanks all
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 7:08 PM
i made a some door´s recolors... i want to do a door with glass
what do you think that it´s better glass recolorable or like this doors?
Screenshots
#50 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 7:37 PM
Do both! Nice doors; beautifuly ugly!

Hey, do you think you could grunge-up some EA/Maxis objects for us? Use the original textures, but dirty them up a bit.

Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: do not delete - contains useful infos, links & pictures (uploaded but still useful to meshers)
Page 2 of 15