Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 1:28 AM
i've still got them. I actually used them as the stairs to the basement.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 2:05 AM
any plans on when you'll upload the set?

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 2:18 AM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 19th Oct 2008 at 4:51 AM.
No.

Edit: With regard to the lamppost (since it is pertinent to the castle, i decided to not make a new thread) what do you think?

Zombie Socks
#29 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 3:17 PM
OH EM GEE! I WAAAAAAAANT! Lovely texture and Mario-ness!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Forum Resident
#30 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 4:30 PM
perfect!

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 12:48 AM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 20th Oct 2008 at 3:13 AM.
i take it that means it looks good.

Edit: Foyer look okay? I tried to make the walls more adultish and less colorful, to fit with the rest of the castle.

I'm trying to figure out how to light the twilight-y upper floor (www, you should remember that room from the n64 Remember the upper floor? It's based on that. ) i had the idea to make a wall lamp that lies perfectly flat against the wall, and has lights in the shape of the stars on the wall. I would make it so it would cast only very little light, keeping it twilight-ish. Think it could work?
Oh, and here's the bridge:

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 4:38 AM

Another issue. which roof edge looks better? the red one blends better (it has some awkward angles) but the gold one has a very royal feel. I got the idea from this pic, which is the castle from mkwii

Forum Resident
#33 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 4:54 AM
I vote gold - as of 10:52PM.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Forum Resident
#34 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 4:57 AM
I vote gold.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 5:08 AM
ok, I'll wait until tomorrow to make my decision, just to let everyone get their votes in. what do you guys think of the foyer? Texture too colorful? or is it good?

Forum Resident
#36 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 1:44 PM
If your going for the game look then, it's not bright enough, to me. But that's really good, Good job!

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Inventor
#37 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 2:03 PM
Gold I think - and I agree that some scattered star wall lamps would be good. I like the somewhat subdued tones of the walls and look forward to seeing how this progresses.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Forum Resident
#38 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 4:10 PM
I think the foyer's excellently colored.

Zombie Socks
#39 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 6:43 PM
I actually like red... *hides*

Foyer is awesome, bridge is awesome, but the biggest roof area is bothering me. It's two roofs on top of the other and the rectangular roof is looking weird...

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 7:31 AM
What exactly about the roof is bothering you?

Zombie Socks
#41 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 4:27 PM
*thinks for a really long time* Erm, well, it looks... odd, for lack of a better word. Far away it looks nice, but close up it starts looking strange, especially when the gold roof edging is on. I was just wondering how many different types of roofing were used to create to roof directly under the middle tower? And although this might not have to do with the house itself and more to do with my curiousity, how did you get the roof to have 45 degree angle on the sides?

Test Subject
#42 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 10:21 PM
I like the gold edging. Looks more Mario-like, lol.

publicsim99

'I never met a Sim I didn't like.'
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 1:23 AM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 22nd Oct 2008 at 2:25 AM.
you mean the ones that go along the diagonal edges of the front of the castle? I used 2 diagonal hipped roofs, criss-crossing the upper foyer. The roof that juts straight out over where the stained-glass window will be causes the 2 diagonal roofs to disappear under it. I'll get a pic up in a little bit. It's kinda hard to explain. >_>

As for the number of roofs, 14 pieces were used under the main tower, counting the diagonal parts in the back and front, the dome, and the roof over the balcony. As for types, that would be, *counts* 6 types. (again counting the dome)

Yes, i agree that little part on the top of the main roof looks a little odd with the gold edging. That's why I kinda like the red one myself. It blends better, but i also like the gold for the color it injects into the look.

Hang on a little bit, and I'll get a pic of the roofs i used for you, to help explain.

Edit: here's what i mean about the roofs. I highlighted the 2 hipped roofs which make up the 45 degree angle parts. I deleted the roof above them so you can see the whole thing.

Also, here's the top of the roof:

Does this part of the roof look good? It looks kinda awkward, because the diagonal roofs and the regulars don't line up. Can anyone think of a way to make this look less strange? If not, it's good enough. I worked on that back part for 45 min trying to find a good combo.

Zombie Socks
#44 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 6:40 PM Last edited by whitewaterwood : 23rd Oct 2008 at 12:44 AM.
*Bemused* There are diagonal roofs now? I guess I've been using base game starter too long! But you're totally right, I don't think there IS a better way to do the roof. Well, you could try an insane amount of building cheats for roofs and eventually end up curled in the fetal position sobbing but I don't think you want that. (Custom roofs=migraine of epic proportions) It's such a shame we can't make multiple colored roof peices. The gold really shows off the odd roof angles, wheras the red makes everything look a lot smoother.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 12:24 AM
yes....there've been diagonal roofs since, oh, I think Seasons. A little out of the loop are we? actually, this castle has a ton of roof slope cheats. Every roof except the turrets and the dome has a cheat on it.

I still haven't decided on roof color. *sigh*

Zombie Socks
#46 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 12:50 AM
Man, building cheats either end up blowing up my computer or blowing up my brain. Anyone who can use those things and get them to show up right on another person's lot has my respect and amazement.

We've had those roofs since SEASONS? Oh man, base game starter is melting my brain. I think I'm going to need a 12 step program to get off it.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 3:23 AM
LOL It nearly blew up my brain. It just lightly toasted it.

Forum Resident
#48 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 5:54 AM
WOW! that is soooo cool.. can't wait. for you to update it :3

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Zombie Socks
#49 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 6:40 PM
One of these days I'm going to be able to use the constrainfloorelevation cheat without ripping up my lots like a rampaging boolprop tornado. :P

So, how's that landscaping going?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#50 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 1:44 AM
i haven't done any external landscaping. I'm mostly working on trying to get those wall lamps up. the issue is that i need it where when the light is off, the stars don't appear, but when it is on, they do appear. I also need them to not be affected by shadows, which means I need a "glow" group, because they are the groups of lamps that make the lamp light up when it is turned on. Most lamps have these, but unfortunately the indoor lamps' glow groups do not have a texture applied to them. they have a grayscale texture applied, and this determines how much light is shown in game. So I'm currently cloning all the lamps in order to find a non-outdoor lamp with a proper glow group.

If that sounds frustrating and confusing, that would be an accurate assessment of my mental state. X_X

Locked thread
Page 2 of 191