Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Decorative Slots for Maxis Furniture - Dressers, Desks, End Tables, Coffee Tables, Vanity and more (Updated 2008/11/10, Seasons Country Sink and Toilet were added)

by Lord Darcy Posted 28th Jul 2008 at 6:39 PM - Updated 15th Jan 2011 at 1:07 AM by Lord Darcy : v1.05: Seasons Country Sink and Toilet were added.

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 86 Feedback Posts, 120 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 10:39 PM
Hi, my name is HystericalParoxysm, and I'm a clutter addict. I've been clutter free for several months now but you've knocked me clean off the wagon... *sobs* Damn you! Thank you, and damn you!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 10:41 PM
Hello HP! Thanks for sharing. *clap clap* I'm CatOfEvilGenius and I am a clutter addict. I have cluttered all clutterable surfaces in my sims homes, businesses, and even community lots. Lord Darcy has just enabled me even more! *sob sniff*

Yoink! *grab download, run off to clutter up game some more*

(Thanks for all the work that went into this. That's a LOT of objects!)

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 10:44 PM
Awesome! What's the point in having all that furniture without knick-knacks? I wish I could click the thank you button more than once, so instead...Thank you, thank you, and thank you~! ^.^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 10:52 PM
I love you. Seriously.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 10:58 PM
Thank you so, so much. I always thought it was weird that I couldn't place objects on dressers :S
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 11:03 PM
Wow. Those desks in particular have always bugged me - they're just crying out for some decorative clutter. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 11:15 PM
Thank you, this is amazing! Now we can all have better looking sim homes!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 11:24 PM
AWSOME!!! Thank you so much for making and sharing this!!!
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 11:30 PM
I used to be clutter-free, but ever since free time came out... with all the new clutter objects... my clutter dependency has been gradually increasing ><

Always swore never to download a OMSP, but you've just shattered my main self-protective strategy.

Poor Sim maids... all the extra dusting they'll have now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 11:33 PM
Thanks I just love clutter for my sims .
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 11:39 PM
Amazing! Now my sims' rooms will look more realistic. Thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 11:41 PM
YAY! I can put even MORE clutter in my sims homes... My Barbara Scragg crazy cat lady sim will love you! LOL! Thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 11:51 PM
Don't listen to jenwar, I love you more...seriously! LOL
This is great, thanks so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 11:53 PM
I always wanted to put stuff on the shelves of those desks. And now I can. You're awesome.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 11:58 PM
This is just amazing! It gives our sims' homes more reality! You rock!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 12:59 AM
Dude, I can just feel the awesomeness oozing out of this mod! Seriously, thanks man
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#18 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 1:52 AM
Thanksthisisgreat! This feels like the *right* solution for this age-old annoyance.

One question -- about the M shortcut: you write,

"For multi-tile objects (except for desks), pick only one side for putting the things to avoid slot overlapping. After you place the object on the slot, press M to move objects to the next slot."

I just tried this out in the BaseGame/OSX, both with an armoire and with the only half-high dresser (the most expensive one): nothing happens when I press M, neither while still holding the object nor after letting it go. Could this be because shortcuts in general are different under OSX? Or does this not work in the Base Game? Or am I doing something wrong? I tried with the BaseGame version.

No problem if it doesn't work for me -- there is no such option by default either --, I just want to know if I could have this little luxury if I did something different.

Thank you!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 4:19 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 31st Jul 2008 at 12:22 PM.
Um it's strange... this download doesn't seem to appear in the main page anymore. I had to enter Game Mods section to access this page.
ETA: It appears in several pages back... Looks like the main page is sorted by the actual posting date.

Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
One question -- about the M shortcut: you write,

"For multi-tile objects (except for desks), pick only one side for putting the things to avoid slot overlapping. After you place the object on the slot, press M to move objects to the next slot."

I just tried this out in the BaseGame/OSX, both with an armoire and with the only half-high dresser (the most expensive one): nothing happens when I press M, neither while still holding the object nor after letting it go. Could this be because shortcuts in general are different under OSX? Or does this not work in the Base Game? Or am I doing something wrong? I tried with the BaseGame version.

I use Windoze, and the M shortcut doesn't work for me in my base game Anygame either. I just forgot to mention it. I think M shortcut was introduced by one of EPs (possibly OFB). Before OFB introduced display shelves, there was little need for such a shortcut.
For end tables, you have to fill the main slot first to use the second slot.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 9:20 AM
Absolutely wonderful and invaluable thank you so much. :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 9:23 AM
I can't wait to try this hack! Thank you, you're great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 9:49 AM
it looks like the sims 1 do you have 3D off?
Thanks!
Test Subject
#23 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 12:33 PM
Great idea, but *dun dun dun* you missed one.

But love the rest its amazing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Hi, my name is HystericalParoxysm, and I'm a clutter addict.

Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
I'm CatOfEvilGenius and I am a clutter addict.

Roffle. I'm sorry for being a bane to all those recovering addicts.

Quote: Originally posted by chazzhay
Great idea, but *dun dun dun* you missed one.
<snip>

D'oh! I totally forgot that desk. I'll add it in the next version, thanks for reminding me!

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Instructor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 1:58 PM
Awesome, totally awesome! :D
Page 1 of 9