Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stately Mansard

by ash3sandgh0sts Posted 24th May 2008 at 7:09 PM - Updated 5th Sep 2008 at 1:11 AM by ash3sandgh0sts

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th May 2008 at 3:29 AM
WOOOW!
Amazing victorian house!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Instructor
#3 Old 30th May 2008 at 3:32 AM
Absolutely gorgeous. I never download houses anymore, particularly if they have a lot of CC, but I think I'm going to have to make an exception for this. Thank you so much for all the work you put into this, and thank you also for sharing it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th May 2008 at 3:37 AM
This house is beautiful. It reminds me of a house I've seen, but I don't know where =\ Anyway, thank you very much for sharing this gorgeous, nice and big Victorian house.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th May 2008 at 3:49 AM
OOH!! How Gorgeous!!! *downloads franticly*

"The only thing too fear is fear it's self."- FDR
"As you slide down the bannister of life,consider me a splinter."~Jason Crawford
Forum Resident
#6 Old 30th May 2008 at 9:04 AM
you've done it again! marvellous!
Scholar
#7 Old 30th May 2008 at 11:15 AM
Oh Yes!!I agree with Lauralaima,its absolutely marvelous.I could not resist this delightful house.Everything is so perfect and so inviting.Thank you so much for sharing this new pearl with us.Big hugs.
Wiki Wizard
#8 Old 30th May 2008 at 12:27 PM
This is fabulous, it must be the most realistic house i have ever seen perfect use of CC, a definite favourite!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th May 2008 at 9:09 PM
this is a really great house, but when I tried placing it in a neighborhood, it caused my game to crash. Don't know if anyone else had this problem, but a file might be corrupted. Thought you should know...

It might look I'm doing nothing, but at the molecular level I'm really quite busy.
~Anonymous
Instructor
#10 Old 31st May 2008 at 1:16 AM
Thank you so much for sharing this awesome VIC. with the rest of our community!
Test Subject
#11 Old 31st May 2008 at 5:54 PM
This is a gorgeous house, I have tried to download it several times but it keeps saying the file is corrupted. Hope you can fix it if there is a problem as I would love this house in my game.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 31st May 2008 at 6:52 PM
Absolutely gorgeous. I only download houses when I think I can learn something from the builder. Well I have a lot to learn and this is so gorgeous and period perfect that my jaw dropped. Definitely downloading. Thanks!!

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 2:20 AM
Fabulous! I started collecting pictures of mansards and other Victorian, post Victorian styles months ago in hopes of building a house. But now I don't have to because this is almost exactly what I'd envisioned.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 3:55 AM
Great job on the house!

Quote: Originally posted by 7hir7een
It reminds me of a house I've seen, but I don't know where =\
The movies? I wouldn't want you to go psycho trying to remember!

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 4:41 PM
What mesh is it that I need to download?
Maybe I'm just blind...
But would be thankful for answer :D

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Instructor
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 11:19 PM
Very cool!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hardy boyz
What mesh is it that I need to download?
Maybe I'm just blind...
But would be thankful for answer :D

//HB

follow the directions under the link to SimThing, and look for a square brick column. that's the mesh you need.

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ_彡☆バンバン!

DO NOT under any circumstances upload any of my lots to the exchange!
Forum Resident
#18 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 9:20 AM
Ah.
Thanks.

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 1:36 PM Last edited by ianbradley26 : 5th Jul 2008 at 7:25 PM. Reason: Update
I think this is beautiful. The landscaping and exterior is rendered realistically, and the floorplan is also. If you're interested in an art deco home built for the needs of today, try my page, if you haven't seen it posted yet, here at MTS2.
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 3:35 PM
I'm really loving this house in-game so far, but I am having a bit of a problem...

I wanted to make the attic accessible but I'm having some trouble with it. Every time I try and add stairs on the second floor, it tells me the ceiling is too low. I'm guessing it's because of the half-wall-type thing between the second story and the attic level? Anyway, I'm sorry to bug you about this but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to building, and I'm wondering if there's a trick here to get to the attic or what. ^^ Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chibi_cheesecake
I'm really loving this house in-game so far, but I am having a bit of a problem...

I wanted to make the attic accessible but I'm having some trouble with it. Every time I try and add stairs on the second floor, it tells me the ceiling is too low. I'm guessing it's because of the half-wall-type thing between the second story and the attic level? Anyway, I'm sorry to bug you about this but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to building, and I'm wondering if there's a trick here to get to the attic or what. ^^ Thanks!

I'll try and add some pictures to help when I get the chance!

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ_彡☆バンバン!

Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 10:30 PM
I'm in love with this house! and I can't believe one of my favorite creators is using my wallpapers

thank you for your hard work and impeccable attention to detail.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BenjaminSaysOink
I'm in love with this house! and I can't believe one of my favorite creators is using my wallpapers

thank you for your hard work and impeccable attention to detail.

I LOVE those wallpapers! MAKE MORE!

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ_彡☆バンバン!

Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ash3sandgh0sts
I'll try and add some pictures to help when I get the chance!

That'd be fantastic if you could, thanks so much!
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 12:30 AM
Hi,

I just stopped by to let you know that the square column isn't available anymore, only the arch one.

And I had 2 problems with the house: the victorian roof border and the climbing plants are flashing blue.
To fix it, I downloaded the original meshes. It worked for the plants but not for the border. I'm still working on it though.

Thank you very much for this wonderful house. It was the one of my dreams.
Page 1 of 2