Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Little Mermaid - by naceygirl

by naceygirl Posted 25th Nov 2007 at 3:05 PM - Updated 30th Nov 2007 at 5:01 PM by naceygirl

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 4:11 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 30th Nov 2007 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
All the stuff you made yourself is fantastic, especially the mermaid skintone & facemask - they're beautiful. And the lips on the mermaid are awesome - they're so cold & they really make the sim actually -look- like a underwater creature. I really like how you went with the original Hans Christian Anderson story instead of the crappy, happy-ending Disney version.
Anyway good luck with the contest!!

"No way José-bot!"
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 4:17 AM
Absolutely stunning! I love her eyes (well, I love all of her, but especially her eyes especially) - so soulful. Best of luck in the contest!
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 4:23 AM
She looks beautiful! The little mermaid is one of my favorite stories and you captured her so wonderfully! Good job.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 4:23 AM
I LOVE The Little Mermaid, she is gorgeous!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 7:41 AM
Thanks everyone! Sandicee: I've been obsessed with mermaids all my life, and I actually enjoyed the Disney cartoon, though the original story is better, I think. It was a lot of fun to use what I know about stage make-up and underwater creatures in making a mermaid skin. Thank you so much for your support!

nixnivis: Hey dude! I'll be making a series of different coloured eyes from the eyes in this sim! Probably some time in the next couple of weeks! :D

Awesims: My Sims blog with downloads, stories and more.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 12:09 PM
this is simply beautiful. the facemask and the lips look amazing and must have taken forever. I too prefer the Hans Christian Anderson version of the story and its nice to find a mermaid that mirrors the origonal story rather than the Disney.

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative
Alchemist
#8 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 3:53 PM
What a beautiful contribution to this (my favourite) contest! She is lovely, thanks,
Instructor
#9 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 4:37 PM
Oooh, so lovely, so sad. She is beautiful.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 6:36 PM
She is so gorgeous!! This is my favorite fairy tale!! :D

I am having issues with downloading the mermaid version of her though... I just get empty packages in the Sims2Pack Clean Installer. The human version worked just fine.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 10:16 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Meshy114
She is so gorgeous!! This is my favorite fairy tale!! :D

I am having issues with downloading the mermaid version of her though... I just get empty packages in the Sims2Pack Clean Installer. The human version worked just fine.

Really? How odd. :T I'll have a look.

Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 3:04 AM
Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the details!! I was able to download the human version with no problems..but I also am having troubles with the mermaid version. Anyway..thanks for making this...They are great!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 3:40 PM
What problem are you having with the mermaid version?

#15 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 4:44 PM
She is quite good and such a tragic TAIL! lol Anyways, good luck!
P.S. Please excuse the horrible pun but I could not resist!
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 1:50 AM
When I try to download the mermaid version instead of allowing me to install the sim it brings up the message:
"Please double click a custom content package file to install the content"
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 4:11 AM
I just tried it again and it's still showing empty packages on the clean installer.

This is really frustrating, I really wanted the mermaid version in my game!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 7:51 AM
Hmm. Weird. I'll reupload the file. I'm having issues myself at the moment with rootkits screwing with my custom content managing programmes. I'm quite unable to get inside the package to look, but I'll repackage her and try again.

Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 5:16 PM
I love the little mermaid.She is the best mermaid I ever seen.But her face is so strange.Its really fishy.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 6:12 PM
Just tried it again, looks like you re-packaged her, but still not working for me...
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 1:00 AM
Absolutly beautiful!!
But I'm having the same problem as Meshy, I can download the Human form just fine but not the mermaid one. O.o
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 3:28 PM
Grrrr!Where is my mermaid!?
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by naceygirl
Hmm. Weird. I'll reupload the file. I'm having issues myself at the moment with rootkits screwing with my custom content managing programmes. I'm quite unable to get inside the package to look, but I'll repackage her and try again.

Ok...
Its not working!Put her again!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 5:02 PM
So sorry about this, everyone. It *should* be working now. Lemme know if it's not!

Kisses, Nancy.

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#25 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 11:18 PM
I'm not sure, but the package is named:
The Little Mermaid by Naceygirl..Sims2Pack

See the extra period between nanceygirl and sims2pack? Should be .sims2pack. I think.Hmmm

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Page 1 of 2