Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Empty 2 x N Base Game lots (Residential)

by plasticbox Posted 23rd Sep 2007 at 4:58 PM

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 8:53 PM
this is really cool of you to do this. I've got all the EPs and stuff but i'm glad to know if i ever get fed up w/ them lol I'll have this here!!

Brilliant job!

~Ashley~

"Whatever female-based, emotion-driven dilemma you may be dealing with right now, you have my sympathy. But right now, we need to break this down into male-based, fact-driven logic." Jackson Rippner Red Eye
Forum Resident
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 10:00 PM
Very handy...so can we expect more cute little starters on these lots soon? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge...

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 10:29 PM
Eh, at my current pace, "soon" would be sometime in 2013 .. but yes, that's what I made those templates for =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#5 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 12:35 AM
So when I package them, they will only require basegame? O.o

Thanks Pb, even if I don't understand this concept. :p
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 1:08 AM
poplers, it depends on what game you're using (see here). The point of this upload is simply to make 2xN available for the base game, it has nothing to do with how you package your lots.

I recommend the BaseGameStarter, if your goal is maximum compatibility. See link in OP.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Instructor
#7 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:18 AM
Oh, okay, gotcha, thanks again plasticbox.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:33 AM
That's a great addition to all the other versions of the small lots and for sure I will use these as I already used the other ones. Thank you!
hexameter
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 6:23 AM
Thanks for sharing, can you please make Community lot versions too
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 5:36 PM
Congrats on your 200th upload.

And thanks for these...
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 11:54 PM
You are pretty much amazing. I have most, if not all, of your houses.

My eyes are just a little sweaty today.
They've been looking around a lot, searching for you,
They've been looking for you,
Even though I told them not to.

I'm Not Crying -- Flight of the Conchords
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 12:28 AM
Am I understanding that these are able to use the "move objects on" driveways...

Thanks,
Twink

Stressed is desserts spelled backwards...
Site Helper
#13 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 7:16 PM
I'm confused. You say:

Quote:
In the "South" ones, the sun comes from the back left corner of the lot, in the "North" ones from front right

If I'm reading this correctly, the suns shines on the front of the house in the North-facing lots and on the back of the house in the South-facing lots. Is that correct?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 9:48 PM
Yes. If you are in lot view (inside the lot), then that's correct. In hood view it's the other way around. Maxis bork, as you probably know?

But please don't waste any brain cells on my naming scheme =) -- I only needed something to tell them apart *some*how; in my own game most of them are still R and W I think (as in RL 2x1 and Wright Way, the original household names) .. I just thought the broad public might prefer something slightly less obscure.

Oh and

twink,

Yes. If what you mean is sideways driveways. You can place driveways with 'moveobjects on' on any lot, no matter which direction.

Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 7:14 AM
Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 6:34 PM
desert version?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 7:12 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject