Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Chanoyu Japanese Tea House

by musiquefille Posted 12th Apr 2007 at 3:42 AM - Updated 24th Oct 2009 at 12:19 AM by musiquefille : addition

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 7:12 PM
Very nice interior! Perfect for my Japanese neighborhood! Thanks!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 7:30 PM
It looks very beautiful! Thank you.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 8:45 PM
Really nice and realistic, thank you so much

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 9:45 PM
this is very beautiful. I can't wait to put it in my japanese neighborhood, once I get my game working again.
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 6:24 AM
I visited one of these with my friends. I think this version is perfect to what I saw in Japan!

Before we entered, we had to wash our hands and face with this icy-cold water in a small flowing fountain outside. I can't remember what it was called, but it was COLD.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 7:49 AM
yes, i believe there is a bucket as well as a fountain outside of this tea house in order to purify in the same way. you can't see it in the pictures but there is also the stove in the center of the room for heating the tea water. glad you are all enjoying!
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 12:26 AM
This is probably one of the most realistic Japanese lots I've ever seen! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 6:11 PM
It's gorgeous... Like I don't think I've seen a lot that could compare to this one as far as the Japanese category or Tea Houses go. I just have one question: where can I find the ceiling? x.x
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 10:30 PM
You can find ceilings here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=42789
enjoy!
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 8:55 AM
i am so in aw of your creation, it is so beautiful i had to keep from crying when i first saw it. i tried going to that Sim People and Me site. i am learning Japanese but i have no clue as to what it says or what kind of site it is other than it has beautiful things that i want in my game. would it be to much to ask how to navigate through that wonderful site?
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 5:20 PM
It looks kool but...

I can't get it :'(
Plz make a zip version of it PLZ

Shadows are there to be feared
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 6:47 PM Last edited by musiquefille : 9th Jul 2007 at 3:25 AM.
Sorry, I only work in RARs, as do most creators here. Forum rules state that creators can only post one type of file, not 2 versions of the same fie.

Here are instructions on how to extract RARs:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...acking_Idiots_5

Otherwise, use Q express to get the files and extract them for you. Enjoy!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 6:52 PM
Thanks KimSimAsilin! That was a really lovely thing to hear. I'm really glad you liked it. As for the Sim People and Me site, just click "Downloads" on the left bar. Then on the top where it says the sims 2, pick a category of downloads, for example "furniture", and then click the thumbnail for the files you want to download. Once the new page opens, I think you can download by clicking the links in English under the picture. Good luck!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 11:21 PM
Hope everyone's rearing up for Bon Voyage, because as soon as it comes out, sims will actually be able to use this tea house for actual tea ceremonies, with a few changes to the furniture: http://www.thesims2.co.za/component...d,475/catid,12/ Check out these screenshots!
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 11:10 PM
I LOVE IT!! Amazing - I've gone into this whole Japanese thing so thanks for fuelling my obsession (its a compliment)

(Don't know if this applies to anyone else, but when I tried to find the objects in the catalogue or eyedrop it, it came out as another object. Not a problem just solved it by downloading the items manually.)

To learn more about me go HERE

*waves*
Field Researcher
#17 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 7:25 PM
I love this! Absolutely amazing! Arigato
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 9:04 PM Last edited by musiquefille : 19th Oct 2007 at 3:02 PM.
Thanks for all the praise everyone.

**UPDATE: I have created another version of this lot for Bon Voyage. It is quite different, so you can easily have both in your game. Check it out! **