Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Working Traffic Lights with Synchronised 2-way Walk/Don't Walk ***catalogue placement update 27 Feb***

by darylmarkloc Posted 26th Feb 2006 at 8:01 PM - Updated 17th Mar 2006 at 11:55 PM by darylmarkloc : OfB information

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 8:15 PM
Great work! This is fantastic! It really makes downtown look like a city. Thanks.

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 8:30 PM
Amazing
Inventor
#4 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 8:34 PM
Famous. Great idea and much greater work. Thanks for sharing.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 8:35 PM
This is just wonderful! Thank you for all your time, and effort! Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 8:44 PM
This is excellent. Great work, perfect for Downtown.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 9:13 PM
YOU are amazing. Where's that phonebooth in the pic? I love all your stuff. More lots please?

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. --Eleanor Roosevelt
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cjanefly764
Where's that phonebooth in the pic?

The phone booth isn't an object. Put three walls up and then put in the full length store windows on each side, then put the phone inside. You must put the phone in after you have the walls and windows up, or one window will stubbornly refuse to go in the right way), colour the walls the phone company colours of your choice and tah-dah!..instant phone booth

I live vicariously through my Sims. This is a sad reflection on my life and theirs.
Instructor
#9 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 9:51 PM
This is brillant!!! Just what's needed to give the hoods a more authentic feel. Thank you for making this.gjob:

Elen síla lumenn’omentielvo
A star shall shine on the hour of our meeting.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 9:59 PM
In my eyes this is the trickiest decorativ object for towns since a long time!
Thank you very much for making and sharing it!! Super!
hexameter
Scholar
#11 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 11:06 PM
Lots and lots of stars for originality!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#12 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 12:12 AM
Sensationalabubble!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 12:12 AM
Once again, darylmarkloc produces the goods. Amazing work, thanks for all your brilliant stuff.

Looking forward to more of your ideas. :nod:

Hooroo,
hed
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 6:14 AM
All I can say is that you just keep adding that little detail to my Sim2 World that I never really knew I was doing without.

Cheers once again !

And looking forward to your future creations....
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 3:59 PM
This is fantastic! I cannot wait until Nightlife comes out for MAC!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 4:29 PM
This is great. How do you make it?
Recolour maniac of maniacs
#17 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darylmarkloc
Now..the rub..in residential lots, it showss up under Outdoors >> Lights but for community lots it still stubbornly shows up in Gardening >> Trees. If anyone would care to tell me how to fix that, I'd be happier.

If you want it to show up in the same places as the streetlights, I can help you if you're using SimPE.

Go into the Object Data file and click on the Raw Data tab.
You need to set the following:

BuildModeType: 0x0
BuildModeSubsort: 0x0
FunctionSubsort: 0x80
DowntownSort: 0x0
CommunitySort: 0xC

If you want it act like most other lights be able to continually place them without having to reselect it each time, you can set Keep Buying to True.

It's being invaded by the Otherworld...
By a world of someone's nightmarish delusions come to life.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bink13y: you are the recolor maniac of all maniacs
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zedrik
If you want it to show up in the same places as the streetlights, I can help you if you're using SimPE.

Ahh..excellent!! Thank you zedrik. Works a treat

I live vicariously through my Sims. This is a sad reflection on my life and theirs.
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 10:25 PM
Brilliant if I ever saw brilliance...Thank you!
cheers and double cheers...I take my hat off to your brilliance. Absolutely spectacular. I love objects/hacks that make my game appear as realistic as possible and this will work just great in my game...might be a dumb question, but do you have to have both uni and nl for this to work?...I only have nl...again, thank you for sharing...can't wait to see more of your creations.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by denisejacquelyndelaney
but do you have to have both uni and nl for this to work?...I only have nl...

May I shorten your name to denise for this reply? lol

I am actually pretty sure it will work with all the versions - it's a base object and contains nothing that wasn't in the original game. There are some caveats to that from what I have read but base game compliance isn't on my priority list. I usually specify Uni/Nightlife because that is what I use. You should have no problem with it

Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 11:42 PM
this is very cool.I'm very impressed...though why is it a GREEN, GREEN/AMBER, RED, RED/AMBER pattern? why not a GREEN,AMBER,RED,RED/AMBER system?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 12:23 AM
Rymac - Wellll...where I come from..you get an amber and a green together to warn you the light is going to go red (how would you know if amber alone means going to red or going to green, otherwise?) Easy choice. What you generally don't get is an amber telling you light is about to go green (probably so as to not encourage people to gun their engines ready for the traffic light drag lol). But, regardless, different parts of the world use different patterns. Consider it generic..I had to decide on some 4 light sequence, that is just the one I chose..

The Quiet One
retired moderator
#23 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 2:18 AM
absolutely fabulous!!! i love useful and realistic objects!!!

DDO
Scholar
#24 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 2:26 AM
I just like to say I downloaded all of your stuff and I just like to say thanks a million it's so realistic
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 2:26 AM
Incredible. Thank you.

Intru informatique...
Page 1 of 4