Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newbie Road 29 [NL] - 7BR Starter House

by plasticbox Posted 17th Dec 2005 at 3:28 PM - Updated 13th Jan 2015 at 4:25 AM by plasticbox : Added cross-reference

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 6:00 PM
Wish I could download...Don't have Nightlife...

Love the basement windows!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 6:28 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 17th Dec 2005 at 8:54 PM. Reason: Mispelt. | And a correction.
Quote: Originally posted by zookini77
Wish I could download...Don't have Nightlife...

Yeah, sorry ... I was debating with myself for a while whether I should install it or not -- but I couldn't resist the non-45°-roof option in the end =).

Actually, this house wouldn't be hard to build in the original game! The roof would be steeper, but apart from that there's nothing in it that wouldn't be possible in the base game as well. I think you can even try to install it as is, there's a thread somewhere in the Help section about backwards compatibility (the title is something like "unfurnished = non-ep compatible?"), if you have CleanInstaller (and iirc you do) there's a chance that you get it to work. But please read that Help thread before you try, I've no idea about possible side effects.

Love the basement windows!

After some testing, I found that as long as your foundation is at least 6 clicks high, sun will come in through basement windows. For basement doors (glass doors) it's 7 clicks. At least in my game, with the graphics settings I'm using. (I don't think the sims care, but I do -- a sun-lit souterrain is so much nicer to live in than a dark basement!)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 7:31 PM
I'm impressed. You mentioned this one a bit ago, and I'd been idly wondering since how you could manage it. Looks good. Oh yes. Looks good.
Thanks!

Which is True?
The Mask you're Facing,
or the Face I'm Masking?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by travellersside
I'd been idly wondering how you could manage it

The trick is the basement walls -- I only used actual walls where I really needed them (for windows/doors), everything else is foundation "walls", and those cost only §3 instead of §70. That's how it's so cheap. (Also, lowering the terrain doesn't cost anything while the lot is empty, so a pre-built basement is always much cheaper than one that's made in-game)
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 9:26 PM
Can you please post a .rar file? My computer won't open the .zip for some reason. :confused:

~*silvercat2017*~

Visit my fansite! http://silversims.tripod.com

Check out my clothing creations on the exchange!
Scholar
#7 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 12:51 AM
Thanks for the tips Pbox, I'll try building it tommorrow.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 2:24 AM
SO CUTE! the floorplan is unique
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 1:53 PM
I'll try building it tomorrow

Feel free to redistribute if you do a non-EP version! Maybe there's others who would like to have that as well. Just link to this thread please, so that people know where it comes from etc.

Have fun!
Scholar
#10 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 4:04 PM
Will do Pbox. Thanks for the chance!
Scholar
#11 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 1:25 AM Last edited by zookini77 : 19th Dec 2005 at 8:16 PM. Reason: Too late
Okay, I uploaded my version at 6:48pm Eastern time. I'll PM you when its up

Scratch the PM. You beat me to it.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 4:34 PM
Cool! Looking forward.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 5:01 AM
Love the house!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 5:45 AM
I really like this house!!! I have one family that I plan to have quite a bit of kids in... but I didn't know whether I wanted to spend time building a house that big (plus, it'd take long to load...) but this house looks absolutely perfect! thanks!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 7:01 AM
This house looks like one i would see on my street woo i luv it!

Froandpick,Etherus,Fresh2Def The Many Faces of Moi
Check out this forum:
REAL SIMS 2
Field Researcher
#16 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 9:16 AM Last edited by moshrulz04 : 26th Jan 2006 at 9:17 AM. Reason: Cos' I Wanted To
I like how your starter houses are under 20 000 AND furnished. A lot of people say "Starter House-19 997" and then it's not furnished. Hmm.... $3 for furniture.

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 9:44 PM
Neat little place - great use of space & a bargain too!.

Thanks for creating/uploading/sharing!.

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 4:29 AM
i like this one it nice and neat
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 2:02 PM
Thanks, my sim's love your houses ;]

Hi! My name is Britne
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 2:43 PM
I downloaded this house and i love it espcially the fact that the basement is light.
But in my basement the windows are blocked up and you can only see the frame. Does anyone know why this happens?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 4:45 PM
This seems to happen sometimes -- I haven't yet figured out what exactly triggers it. Remedy: Flatten the ground outside the window, pick up the window and put it down again, put the ground back up. Now it should look ok? (If you're using this as a starter and find the terrain-flattening/rising a little expensive: use floortiles instead of the terrain tool, that's way cheaper)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 10:07 AM
I've come to this thread very late cos I recently needed to find a house with a lot of bedrooms that I could convert to 2 apartments, and after a lot of searching this house met my criteria perfectly.

So I very excitedly d'loaded and installed it into my game and moved my simmies in. Until I realised....the basement was kneedeep in water! The insane thing is my lot is miiiiles from the water, or so I thought. I did a bit of digging in the front yard and had only gone down a few clicks when I struck water again. Aaaaaarghhhh!

So I moved the house to a new location and thankfully the basement is now water-free. It's a truly great house and my 2 families love their basement flat and their top-floor apartment. And I'll reserve the other lot for when I decide to make a house with a duck-pond...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 4:26 PM
Prudensch,

yes that's an issue with the ground water level in general -- not directly related to the lot, although it becomes more obvious with basement lots of course. You did exactly the right thing with moving the house, there is no other solution =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 9:11 PM
A beautiful lot, when i saw the picture then read "7BR" I was like "no friggin way!!". THANK-YOU!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 12:14 AM
thank you