Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 12:47 AM Last edited by ZenGarden : 9th Aug 2017 at 12:57 AM.
Default I'm recruiting your drag queen!
Hi! The hedgehog ZenGarden here, and I want your drag queen to be submitted to me!

As a hobby, I am doing my own season of RuPaul's Drag Race in The Sims 2. I've already got some experience doing a test in a blog and this time I would do a 9-10 episode show on YouTube. I am looking for a cast of 12, and I have a few online friends who do drag who I've already casted in sim-form.

What would I have to do?

You design one sim with all your imagination: preferably female to up-hold the image of a female illusionist. All drag queens in the show have a boy-persona, so that means I would also design a boy-sim from the sim that you've created to act as the person behind all the make-up, dresses and wigs. You would then post a picture either here or in a PM and tell me some about the drag queen you created. Keep in mind that what I'm doing is pure fiction and I am going to do whatever I want with the character you provide me. After that you package the sim and hand me the download link, expect your sim to be a part of my show! You may use CC, but make sure it comes with the sim upon installation. I am going to decide whatever this sim is going to wear throughout the episodes etc, but I would ofcourse take direction and be inspired by the aesthetic and personality you give the drag queen.

Is this a competition?

No, it's a The Sims machinima in which the story is that it is a competition. All outcomes are made by me.

How often will episodes be posted?

I'm not sure since this is something fun I do as a hobby aside of work and school

What do they do in an episode?

Take part in challenges such as sewing, performing, acting etc. Engage in drama and make friends with the other drag queens. Walk the runway in drag eleganza, worry about being eliminated, take part in campy/goofy mini challenges.

Isn't this posted in the wrong forum?

* Nervous laugh * I'm not sure, I read through the forum guidelines before posting this. If it is though I apologize!

A picture of the Untucked lounge, a place where the backstage drama is filmed

This is what the runway looked like in September 2016 when I did the beta. The one I designed recently looks 10 times better, but this gives you the overall idea!

Just a campy, fun picture to showcase what a challenge could look like. Here, the queens take part in a musical about being flight attendants. Excuse the awful lightning
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 1:55 AM
Just a quick note to say I'm interested, in case you're discouraged by the lack of instant response. However, it's past my bedtime, so I won't think about it tonight: I'll think about it tomorrow. ("After all tomorrow is another day.")

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 5:21 AM
Hmm, I have a cross dressing sim, but he'd find it offensive to be turned female for the show. He wears his dresses with masculinity, damn it!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 5:56 AM
Me, too. Dior Skirt doesn't want to be female; he just wants to look fabulous, and skirts feel so good!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#5 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 3:02 PM
I have a few trans Sims that are male bodies with female looking bodied clothing. They are gorgeous.

As for drag queens, all my males like looking male.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 8:59 PM
Hehe, just to be a bit clearer: I am not looking for trans sims, I am looking for drag queen sims. You would design a female sim that would only act as an illusion of the male sim as a drag queen. I create the male sim after the drag queen you submit!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 10:02 PM
Dior Skirt. I laughed loudly and my neighbour walked in and asked if I would share the joke with her
Link Ninja
#8 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Hehe, just to be a bit clearer: I am not looking for trans sims, I am looking for drag queen sims. You would design a female sim that would only act as an illusion of the male sim as a drag queen. I create the male sim after the drag queen you submit!

So is it preferable for our female sims we enter have a bit more masculine features like strong jaws, larger noses, etc or does it not matter if they have softer, daintier, feminine features? Trying to get a grasp of what kind of drag queens you are looking for.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
So is it preferable for our female sims we enter have a bit more masculine features like strong jaws, larger noses, etc or does it not matter if they have softer, daintier, feminine features? Trying to get a grasp of what kind of drag queens you are looking for.

Any facial structures will do, I have no preferences. Mainly because with the art of make-up you can change the illusion of a face so much. Design your drag queen however you like, but it helps to keep in mind that with the hair/make-up/clothes it shouldn't look too much like a biological woman in a grocery store.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 4:40 AM
So you don't want any actually male sims?
Scholar
#11 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 10:04 AM
You could use meshes from sites like Simmergirl and Transgender Sims in order to use male sims for your show, without having to change out the female versions for their male counterparts

It'd allow the contributors to go more wild on facial sculpts, too, since some templates show a lot of variation in features between male and female.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 12:32 PM
So needed: a female sim pretending to be a male for taking part in a drag queen competition - sounds a bit Shakespeare to me.

Perhaps one of Charity's pixels may upset the show here
Alchemist
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 6:41 PM
Yes! I'm looking for female sims who looks like what a drag queen could look like. Brain gymnastics!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 10:35 PM
Default Hi! I'm Melina!
Meet Melina Hall from Veronaville!
Melina Hall is 19. Her real name is Tom Black. (S)he comes from Veronaville, so (s)he isn't fazed by Shakespearean gender confusion. (S)he's Libra and her aspiration is Romance. She's outgoing, playful, and, despite what you might think, really rather nice! :lovestruc

Tom/Melina honed his/her skills in downtown Veronaville's vibrant gay scene. Now (s)he's ready to conquer the world.

ZenGarden, I'll send her to you as soon as I get all her outfits packed.

Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 10:41 PM
How fun! Keep in mind that I will change all drag queens outfits/make-up/wigs to fit in with the storyline I'm going for but I am delighted to have gotten such a character from you!
Link Ninja
#16 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 7:03 AM
So I gave this a shot and came up with the fabulous Jewell Eyard (I will PM you the download link whenever body shop decides to OPEN so I can clone this sim)
This drag queen knows smart is sexy and so combining their love all knowledge pursuits, fashion, and performance art makes Jewell a runway ready participant.

Some more info
Favorite Color: Teal/Blue
Aesthetic: Chic Librarian
Preferred Wig Color: Red
Aspiration: Knowledge

This sims is heavy on CC, and of course I don't expect the hair or make up or outfits to stay. You can even pick out the male persona name for Jewell for your series

Alchemist
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 10:08 AM
FABULOUS!!! Thank you so much

@AndrewGloria @Charmful I don't want to rush anyone but it would be very helpful if I got the links soon so I could start filming some!

- There is ofcourse still room for more drag queens to be submitted!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 1:52 PM
I've set you a PM so you can get Melina. Hope you have fun with her!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Link Ninja
#19 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 2:54 PM
Same, but with Jewell. Enjoy!

Scholar
#20 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 3:33 PM
AndrewGloria: Wow! To say that she (he) looks good is an understatment :lovestruc . But what did happend to the teeth in the "nightwear" picture. Looks odd.

Charmful: Very well done as well! :lovestruc
Alchemist
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 11:06 PM Last edited by ZenGarden : 12th Aug 2017 at 11:19 PM.
Link Ninja
#22 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 12:12 AM
The voices seem a bit robotic without inflection of tone - I feel they should have more emotion especially if this is gonna have drama! If you need voices for a sims vid you could try a casting call here . I like the sets and the music in the background.

Mad Poster
#23 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Wops! I forgot to make Melissa mention that her drag name is Melissa, but I will just edit that later!
It's not Melissa, it's Melina. It's an unusual name and I'm not sure where she got it from, but that's the name she chose for herself. I think she thought it sounded a bit exotic!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Scholar
#24 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 5:07 AM
OH I know what you used for the voices...yeah definitely need to get some actors in there

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#25 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
But what did happend to the teeth in the "nightwear" picture. Looks odd.
Yes, you've got a point there! (And so, I fear, have those teeth!) Especially as the caption said the outfit was demure. (Those teeth certainly ain't!) And considering that I habitually give all my Sims vampirism as a turn off. (Mainly because it turns me off!)

Truth is I downloaded Nopke's new sliders the morning I made her, and I wanted to try them out. I fear they didn't help as much as they might when used by a more skilful Sim maker. I used them to make her mouth very slightly open. I think that's why her teeth are showing. Maybe these sliders are better for people with more sensitivity to the subtleties of the human face than I have. So probably my inexpert hands are the reason for her teeth being quite the way they are. In most of her pictures she comes across as pretty and nice, with just a hint that she might not be the quite the real woman she purports to be. But perhaps this picture is just a warning that, if you ever get her cornered, she just might bite!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Page 1 of 2