Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 4:01 AM
Default Need help making a simple mod editing text
Hello! I was wondering if anyone knows where abouts I might find the text for the letters you get in the mail?

Also, what program is recommended for extracting such tuning? I haven't made any tuning mods for Sims 3 so I'm unsure if it needs a separate program to accomplish this task.

Thank you!
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 11:48 AM
Hi there!

I actually think this might be linked with an STBL file instead. Tuning files are really for like, chances something would appear so I don't think the actual descriptions/mail would be there but in the STBL file!

I actually checked inside my own game files and I think it's located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Seasons\GameData\Shared\Packages\FullBuild_p16.package. So if you filter for "STBL" in s3pe, you should be able to see this huuuge list of descriptions. I think it's in there but I can't say for sure :/

Let me know how it goes! Hopefully you'll find it there
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hi there!

I actually think this might be linked with an STBL file instead. Tuning files are really for like, chances something would appear so I don't think the actual descriptions/mail would be there but in the STBL file!

I actually checked inside my own game files and I think it's located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Seasons\GameData\Shared\Packages\FullBuild_p16.package. So if you filter for "STBL" in s3pe, you should be able to see this huuuge list of descriptions. I think it's in there but I can't say for sure :/

Let me know how it goes! Hopefully you'll find it there

Thank you so much! I'll take a look!