Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2018 at 10:22 PM Last edited by rena2sweet4u : 22nd May 2018 at 4:18 AM. Reason: Solved!!
Default Solved! Help Converting face paint eyes to non default
I'm trying to convert some eyes that I love (just for self use) into non-default eyes that show up along with maxis eyes, in the eye color section. I have studio 4 wishes and I've tried to open the eye package in wishes and changing the category from face paint to eye color and then saving file but that doesn't work. When I do that the eyes don't show up at all (not under face paint or under eye color).

I've also tried creating a CAS stand alone of the eye package and then changing the category, but now there is an eye color and a secondary eye color category. I've tried both categories and the eyes still don't show up. I'm not sure what I need to do. And no there are no tuts for this or any that I've been able to find. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 15th May 2018 at 7:16 PM
Besides changing the category to eye color you have to change the item ID in the CASP to 00001D8E.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2018 at 2:36 AM
@CmarNYC Thanks for replying! I was able to find the CASP under the warehouse tab, but I don't see item ID. The closest to item id that i see is PackID but that just says base game. Where would item ID happen to be located? Thanks again!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 16th May 2018 at 10:08 AM
Sorry - in S4S they call it PrototypeID.

S4 CAS Tools will change all the swatches at once for you if you want to try it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2018 at 4:17 AM
@CmarNYC Thank you so much for taking time to respond and helping me!! I created a stand alone recolor and had to change the PrototypeID to 00001D8E like you said! I never would have found out how to do this if you hadn't taken time to tell me Thank you!!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 7:02 AM
What category do you use to make non-default eyes? I'm trying to change some of my face paints into eye colors.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 3:51 PM
Change the category to EyeColor and change the PrototypeID/ItemID as described above.

Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:25 PM
Hello ! I'm french and I don't know how to use S4S, can anyone help me I want to convert a face paint eye into default as you too, just for my personnal use...
How long did you take to do this ? and How? :'(
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#9 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 1:18 AM
For help with S4S you should ask in the S4S forums, there are a lot of people there who use it a lot and they have a lot of tutorials.

If you use CAS Tools (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=582348) you would open the package in the Clone Package Editor tab, change the Part Type to Eyecolor, change the Item ID to 00001D8E, click the Commit Changes button, and save the package. The changes will be applied to all the swatches. Only takes a minute.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
For help with S4S you should ask in the S4S forums, there are a lot of people there who use it a lot and they have a lot of tutorials.

If you use CAS Tools (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=582348) you would open the package in the Clone Package Editor tab, change the Part Type to Eyecolor, change the Item ID to 00001D8E, click the Commit Changes button, and save the package. The changes will be applied to all the swatches. Only takes a minute.

thank you so much !!!! it works!
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 9:08 PM
I don't want cc eyes to be considered face paint in game because I have face paint that I like and cannot use it as the eyes are considered face paint and face paint does not work if you are trying to use multiple face paints because of the way the game is programmed.
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 3:47 PM

it says i have unsaved mesh changes when i do this
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sadness_overdose
it says i have unsaved mesh changes when i do this

This is alien or vampire eyes, right? Those have a mesh which is automatically updated when you change the part type. Just click OK to save changes and continue.

Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 12:29 PM
I have an odd problem: I did this in CASTools with some alien eyes, clicked OK and saved when it asked about the unsaved mesh changes, the eyes appear in the eye colour section BUT all of the swatches display the same texture. The swatches worked just fine when the eyes were in the facepaint category. When I open the package in S4S, the textures seem fine, the only weird thing is that all the swatch thumbnails are transparent, but I am not sure if they looked like that in S4S even before I converted the eyes into non-defaults.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#15 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by firebird71
I have an odd problem: I did this in CASTools with some alien eyes, clicked OK and saved when it asked about the unsaved mesh changes, the eyes appear in the eye colour section BUT all of the swatches display the same texture. The swatches worked just fine when the eyes were in the facepaint category. When I open the package in S4S, the textures seem fine, the only weird thing is that all the swatch thumbnails are transparent, but I am not sure if they looked like that in S4S even before I converted the eyes into non-defaults.

Please upload the original and converted packages so I can take a look.

Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 3:47 PM
Please upload the original and converted packages so I can take a look.

Here they are! I remembered that I also used a sorting tutorial to make the edited swatches appear right next to one another in the eye category instead of being scattered, which didn't really occur to me at first because I did the exact same thing with other CC eyes and they work just fine, but I'm saying it now just to be sure.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  original.zip (202.7 KB, 31 downloads)
File Type: zip  edited.zip (198.7 KB, 24 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#17 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by firebird71
Here they are! I remembered that I also used a sorting tutorial to make the edited swatches appear right next to one another in the eye category instead of being scattered, which didn't really occur to me at first because I did the exact same thing with other CC eyes and they work just fine, but I'm saying it now just to be sure.

It's because they have no color defined. (Recolor Manager tab / Color in CAS Tools, Swatch Thumbnail in S4S.) The game seems to use the defined color in some way when loading eye colors - at least if the CC eye color uses the same color as an EA default, the game will display the default texture instead of the CC one, and I suspect in this case since there's no color at all it just doesn't work. You only need to define the first color. The facepaint package also has no colors and IMO it should have them defined too, as it is all the swatches look gray.