Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 7:56 PM
Default Can I extract rigged TSM object meshes?
I didn't see a create section for TSM, but since it's so similar to TS3, I hoped this section would be okay. There are so many different programs and plugins for TS3 object meshing (I'm more familiar with TS2 where there's only one cloning program), so this is all kind of confusing. S3OC and TSRW don't work with the TSM packages. S3PE does open the packages, but I'm not sure where to go from here. I did try exporting as an s3m2b file and importing that into Blender, but although the mesh was exported, it lost all the bone assignments and hierarchy. Are there any other ways that I could use to extract a rigged TS3 mesh? Because if so, I'd like to try it for the TSM package.
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 10:29 AM
Hi there,
To extract a sims 3 mesh to blender, you can follow this tutorial:
http://sims4studio.com/thread/1686/...blender-package

Basically you need to download the
io_s3py_animation-160 zip file from here:
https://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com/download/

And install the zip file in the Add Ons section of the User Preferences on blender.
Then you can import prop, and choose the package with the mesh you want.
I tried this recently and at least on my end I couldn't load the prop on the latest version of blender, but blender 2.70 and 2.71 work fine.

Hopefully this works for you
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 9:55 PM
Shoot, I lost my reply. Thanks. The object I want is bundled in the Fullbuild package right now, instead of being in its own package. So, I guess I'll need to take a step back and learn how to extract and package the necessary resources before I can use this plug in. I tried using S3PE to extract the rig and LODs into a package, but it didn't work. I'm probably missing something.
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 10:20 PM
I don't know anything about fullbuild packages, but it might be a good idea to try importing a TSM package into blender to see if it actually works, and then maybe you could compare the contents of the package that works with the fullbuild package to work out what you need to extract.
Good luck with it
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 5:52 PM
Thanks, I'll see if I can find any TSM packages. Just for reference, the Fullbuild package is the main file in the program folder, that contains all the objects, animations, etc. for TSM (and TS3).