Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 3:07 PM
Default ANIM files can't be exported correctly.
Hi guys!

I wanted to export some ts2 animations, the bat animations. (like the sim changing into a bat) But I keep getting this error when I click 'export':

(The parent CRES was not found. This means, that SimPE is unable to build the Joint Hirarchy').

But when I import the txt in Milkshape, this is what it looks like (nothing bat alike

A.. head. I might either exporting the wrong animation 'file' or i'm accidentally exporting meshes, but I was actually wondering if there is a way in the sims 2 to export animations.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 5:03 PM
I think this is the sad reality about TS2 anims..You need to start from scratch, because you cannot just export them. It's been what..17 years now? and no one came up with a third party program that does just that. Sad I tell you. You must create new ones and import them. Import OK, export..no.
Yes, this is an old thread, but I am still sad about it.
If anyone knows anything...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
#3 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I think this is the sad reality about TS2 anims..You need to start from scratch, because you cannot just export them. It's been what..17 years now? and no one came up with a third party program that does just that. Sad I tell you. You must create new ones and import them. Import OK, export..no.
Yes, this is an old thread, but I am still sad about it.
If anyone knows anything...

There is something but you need Milkshape3D and as I've never succeeded in buying it, I could never try it ... One is called Animax and the other Animesh.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 9:30 PM
Seriously? I do have Ms3D...so we can export an anim...wait a sec. lol
Animesh is a plugin by Wes, and i do have it. nothing about animations files in the readme file.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
#5 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Seriously? I do have Ms3D...so we can export an anim...wait a sec. lol
Animesh is a plugin by Wes, and i do have it. nothing about animations files in the readme file.

Sorry, I really though it was and I even was really desperate not to be abble to get Milkshape ! Guess I don't need Milkshape anymore ...
But maybe someday, as there are custom sliders now ... *Ne perdons pas espoir !*

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th May 2017 at 4:39 AM
There is a program called Animax (at least I do think that is the one) that is supposed to work, but I have never been able to get it to on 8.1 (or I can't figure out how to one!) Evidently there have been those who could in the past, that did on other operating systems. If someone knows how with 8.1 please let me know! It is a pain to have to redo an animation completely just because the one they have is connected to a joint, or something and won't just let you use it.

And yes Animesh is a plugin for animations in milkshape I use it.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
There is a program called Animax (at least I do think that is the one) that is supposed to work, but I have never been able to get it to on 8.1 (or I can't figure out how to one!) Evidently there have been those who could in the past, that did on other operating systems. If someone knows how with 8.1 please let me know! It is a pain to have to redo an animation completely just because the one they have is connected to a joint, or something and won't just let you use it.

And yes Animesh is a plugin for animations in milkshape I use it.

have any of you tried using blender to export into milkshape? not even sure if there is a plug in yet. its been a few years since I was able to play sims 2. Im rusty but I am hoping to take what I learned from sims 4 and previous experience with sims 2 and try a few things.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 11:00 PM
I'm reviving this topic because I want to modify a Maxis animation.
I have searched for the Animax program but I have not found anything, can someone give me more information about that program?
I want to modify only the height of the animation, because the original animation is made for a flat object that is at ground level and I want to use the animation for an object that is a little higher.
Can I modify the height of the animation to match the height of my object?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 11:07 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th Mar 2024 at 11:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ZeusSims
I have searched for the Animax program but I have not found anything, can someone give me more information about that program?
I want to modify only the height of the animation, because the original animation is made for a flat object that is at ground level and I want to use the animation for an object that is a little higher.

For objects you can in some cases edit either the slots or the CRES (skeleton/rig resource), depending on what you want to do (changing the height or placement of the animation, or small adjustments to the base poses). I don't think there's a way to extract animations (for editing) from the game.
Alchemist
#10 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 11:38 PM Last edited by omglo : 5th Mar 2024 at 11:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ZeusSims

Animax is over on MATY. I never had any luck with it, but hopefully you will. It might not be necessary though. It's possible to use SimPE to edit the height of animations by hand (play around with the Z values - this is what I did for some of the animations in the child/toddler witch mod, if you're familiar with that.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...d&topic=10220.0

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
For objects you can in some cases edit either the slots or the CRES (skeleton/rig resource), depending on what you want to do. I don't think there's a way to extract animations from the game.

You right click and extract using SimPE. The problem is that we don't yet have a way to import animations, besides AniMax, which doesn't work very well, because it's meant to be used with Milkshape, which doesn't support IK.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
This maybe?
https://blendermarket.com/products/...imation-system-

That's a different program that just happens to share a name with Sims 2 animax.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 11:55 PM
You can extract the full animation as a file and then use the file in a project to make a posebox, object, etc., but there's no current way you can export the full animation to Milkshape/Blender and then edit it.

I'd think if the program they're talking about was actually any useful, people would've been using it a whole lot more than just a few times experimentally.

Blender allows for IK, and there are rigs made that you can use for TS2, so if you want to venture into animating your own stuff, that's probably a better way to go than Milkshape (which is fine for static poses, but animations tend to look kinda horrible due to the lack of IK and general animation tools).

I haven't ventured into editing joints yet, but for objects there's a lot you can do through the slots/placement (I've edited the height and rotation for clones of the baby toys, among other things).
Alchemist
#12 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 12:12 AM
Wes kind of intentionally buried AniMax because it's got a high learning curve. As for whether it'll be useful in this instance, it depends on what sort of animation is being edited. I tried to use it for a Sim animation, which was a no-go, but maybe it'll work better on an object.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 12:43 AM
Oh, I was surprised that several people responded, I honestly didn't expect a response so soon.
As for the animation, according to what all of you comment, I think the easiest way will be to modify the Z values.
I'm going to play with it a little to see what I get.