Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 9:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Revert .package files and CASunitool
I wanted to use CASunitool on a custom t shirt. I thought if i post a copy of a file of a t shirt in a caspart folder, I will be able to edit the t shirt. The type of files in the caspart folder were .caspart. I wanted to change the cc to .caspart. i accidently set the file type to be Adobe Reader 9.1. How do i get it back to normal?? Also, is it possible to edit custom content on CASunitool.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 1:37 AM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 23rd Jul 2018 at 1:50 AM.
I can't answer most of your question, but changing file types is easy. (At least if you're using Windows. I assume it's probably easy on a Mac as well, but I have no experience with doing it on a Mac.)

Right click the file icon

Scroll down the resulting list until you get to Properties, which is at (or possibly near) the bottom

Find "Opens With" and browse to your CASunitool. (On the theory that you probably don't want to wait for the entire game to load if you accidentally double-click a shirt, and now that it has a file association it's hard to get it to go back to none.)

Now if, and only if, the file name of the shirt is does not have the .caspart extension, you should be able to rename it so that the extension is back to caspart from .pdf. You will see dire warnings that changing the file extension may make the file unusable. But since you are changing it back to what it is supposed to be, you can ignore that. (Although you should have seen the same dire warnings with the option not to continue when it was first changed, so the file extension is probably still intact.)

Note: as long as the file extension is intact, it really doesn't matter what program it is associated with. That just shows which program will be activated if you double-click the file. Anything that is supposed to be able to use it can still use it normally. But it can still be confusing and even anxiety-producing for the user if it is set to open with something that you know can't handle it, like having package files opening with a photo editor.

Edit: If the shirt is a package file, leave it a package.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook