Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 3:47 PM
Default Changing CasAnimation in XML file and adding conflicting traits
I am attempting to change the animation when my custom trait is chosen. In mod constructer there is no way to do this d when it builds the trait XML it is automatically assigned the active animation. I have opened the trait xml and changed the line to:

<N Key="CASAnimation" UserString="LovesOutdoors" xsi:type="AttributeNode"/>

However this does not trigger the Loves Outdoors animation when my trait is selected. I am guessing this is because the user string entry is incorrect?

Also I am keen to add trait conflicts, like the Loves children conflicts with hates children in cas. From looking at other trait xml I know I need to add something like this:

<L n="conflicting_traits">
<T>16844<!--trait_HatesChildren--></T>
</L>

However mod constructer xml is not laid out like that so Im not sure how to go about adding it in. Mod constructer trait xml looks like this:

<N xsi:type="AttributeNode" Key="SimData" UserString="4 Ages" />
<N xsi:type="AttributeNode" Key="SimData:AgeCount" UserString="4" />
<N xsi:type="AttributeNode" Key="SimData:SpeciesCount" UserString="1" />
<N xsi:type="AttributeNode" Key="CASAnimation" UserString="LovesOutdoors" />
<N xsi:type="AttributeNode" Key="TraitType" UserString="PERSONALITY" />
<N xsi:type="AttributeNode" Key="Name" UserString="Sustainable Living" />
<N xsi:type="AttributeNode" Key="Description" UserString="Sustainable Living sims believe in living a life using up as little of the worlds resources as necessary. They love living outdoors but if they do live in a house, they enjoy upgrading furniture to make it last as long as possible and work more efficiently. " />
<N xsi:type="AttributeNode" Key="Icon" UserString="fab464aa9d4506f7 &lt;&lt;&lt; headline_MorningPerson" />
<N xsi:type="AttributeNode" Key="TraitCategory" UserString="Lifestyle" />

Again, any help appreciated.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:20 AM
Have you tried:

<N xsi:type="AttributeNode" Key="ConflictingTrait" UserString="HatesChildren" />

Either before or after (I'm pretty sure it goes *somewhere* around there):

<N xsi:type="AttributeNode" Key="TraitType" UserString="PERSONALITY" />

I'm not 100% sure that will work, but it's worth a shot.