Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2008 at 8:03 AM Last edited by Beatrix2 : 22nd May 2008 at 10:52 PM. Reason: problem has been solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default [Mac User] Sim's Ex-Boyfriend Left the Baby at My Home ! (SOLVED)
Hi everyone ! I have searched through threads and I haven't been able to find a solution so excuse me if this has already been asked !!

Ok first of all, I am using an
- iMac
- 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo
- 1.6 Go of RAM

I don't know if the fact that I am using a Mac changes anything, but I guess I better say. (BTW, I don't use any hacks or patches except for the no censor hack for OFB). Here's the problem :

I had a couple of married Sims, Greg and Alyssa, and they had a baby, Sassy, together (I have been using boolprop to get her pregnant and speed up her pregnancy). Thing is she fell in love with another guy, Ed, and decided to move in with him. So they got engaged and everything, but Greg kept coming to their house without being invited !

And then when Ed and Alissa got married, they invited 5 people, and Greg showed up. He left baby Sassy on the sidewalk and left.

Now, when I go to Greg's house, Sassy is there, selectable, and she acts just like a normal baby. But when I go to Alissa's house, Sassy is also there, except I can't put her in a crid or change her diaper. I can ask her to leave but of course she can't. And Greg keeps coming over and do random stuff. Every time he is asked to leave, he does, but without his baby... !!

Also, when using Alissa, I get an option that says "bribe with 50$" when clicking on Greg, but it's not doing anything.

Hope this was clear and not too long... anyone knows what's going on ?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd May 2008 at 9:09 AM
There's no way you're not using cheats and/or hacks, as TS2 doesn't allow polygamy.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 22nd May 2008 at 9:07 AM
Does Sassy show in the side panel of sims' faces in both homes?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2008 at 6:23 PM
Default Nope.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Does Sassy show in the side panel of sims' faces in both homes?

Nope she doesn't show. She doesn't show in the loading screen either. I'm scared if I delete her with move_objects, the game is gonna get fracked up...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2008 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
There's no way you're not using cheats and/or hacks, as TS2 doesn't allow polygamy.

Well I made Greg and Alissa break up before she moved in with Ed and got married to him.
#6 Old 22nd May 2008 at 9:16 PM
You can delete her from both homes and see which one she appears in next time you play. If she doesn't appear in either of them, use the teleporter to summon her and move her into the home she's meant to be in.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd May 2008 at 10:51 PM
It worked And she reappeared in the right home Thx a bunch

There's just one thing I'm still confused about... is it possible that single parents that get invited elsewhere carry their child with them to not leave them alone at home ?
#8 Old 23rd May 2008 at 9:16 AM
They're not supposed to, that's definitely a glitch :D

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 23rd May 2008 at 8:00 PM
Maybe forcing an error on that sim could cure that.