Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 11:52 AM
Default Michael Bublé
Before you tell me how bad this sim is, just know that he is my first attempt of making a real life person so please be gentle, but honest..

As the title suggests, it is supposed to resemble Michael Bublé..
I'd like some suggestions on how to improve this sim, and I'm still looking for suitable clothes and better hair..

Also, before you mention face masks.. you go and try a suitable image, because I can't find a front-on, high-res image suitable..
Screenshots

“I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.” - Kurt Cobain.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 2:56 PM Last edited by vintagepksweetie : 28th Jun 2007 at 3:05 PM.
well first off, i wasn't going to suggest a face mask, and i WASN'T going to say he's bad at all... i think with the right amount of patience and effort you can do a sim just as well without a face mask... but, its my opinion that they aren't necessary.... besides, i think they don't fit in with the rest of your sims when you play them.. they just stand out and look much too... real... for in game... but of course, marveling over how real they look is pretty cool.

so anyways.... I LOVE HIM....OH! WHAT A VOICE! *ahem*... i mean... he's got a bit of talent... (oy! such a beautiful voice...)

anyways critic:

1. The key to simming any real live person is a dead on, front and center, straight picture. You have to be able to see the proportions of one feature to another to even get close to simming a person. No angles from below looking up the nostrils (lol), no smiles, just the person in all their flawed human glory. ^_^ also a 3/4 profile and full profile helps. Here's some i found

Full Face
full front facing
3/4 profile

i see now why you chose those two! its INCREDIBLY hard to find pictures of him. You can google britney spears or justin timberlake and get a gazillion pictures of them in one hit! and he gets none, and this man has more talent in his pinkie nail then that man and his ex gf sleezeball combined. ugh... ridiculous

ok sorry

2. Also, don't worry about fancying the pictures up now. we can give you the best critic if you get bright, clear, up close pictures in body shop or CAS... just don't make ur sim in CAS cuz they have less sliders. but im sure u know that ^.^.... if u make ur sim in BS this mod (download here ) if you don't already have it can help us see him better, and help you sim him better by making the light in bodyshop brighter and not all yucky and gloomy. use the MEDIUM light setting... the brightest is tooo bright, and the first isn't bright enough. (after you unpack the medium light setting is named "casielightsreplacementwhXB")

3. ok so the real stuff...

~his eyes are open a tad too much, squint them a bit more

~the bridge of his nose is too defined. if you notice on the real michael the bridge of his nose sort of melts or flows naturally into his face. if you widen the bridge of his nose a bit, this will get a little better. however, the views of your sim are not front facing, they're a bit off to an angle, so maybe itll look better when u give a front facing pic... so try that first.

~His upper lip is a bit over pinched. Michael's lips don't taper to the corners. his lip is pretty evenly wide from one side to another.

other than that he looks really good actually... is that a hairline??? it looks very nice with the hair, and suits him well. you have a great start. id like to hold off on any other critic till i see him all the way from the front, because until then, anything i say might just might be the angle.

keep going, id love to see more!!

oh one more thing... make sure ur pictures from michael are from relatively close periods in time from one another because he has lost a bit of weight which will cause you to yo-yo from one variation of his features to another on your sim if ur looking at 2 pictures from when he was a different weight.

I am an (unloaded?) gun; false hope.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 4:02 PM
Ohkay, so here is the 100 000th version.
Call me blonde (and you'd be half right) but I have no idea what the bridge of a nose is, so I -think- I changed what it is, but I have no idea.
Do you think the eyebrows need lowering more? Because I changed them a bit, and I personally think they look better..
And yeah, he's talented and very very gorgeous. :lovestruc
Too bad I moved from Sydney to Perth.. I could've seen him live.. but no one ever comes to Perth.. oh well.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 6:52 PM
yes! he looks much better!

now that i see him from the front he looks very good and im going to have to say now thin the bridge a teeeeensy. i think you went to far. ^_^

and yes the eyebrows do look better! i was gonna say that suggestion but i was waiting to see him from the front!

anyways, i would give more critic but i promised my friend id be at his house at 10am and its now 2pm so i need to go

i think he's looking great though

I am an (unloaded?) gun; false hope.
Instructor
#5 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 10:59 PM
Well I would love to see him but the picrures are not showing up. I believe it is a url like photobucket you used? Try taking the picture - going into paint and save it. Then, just upload the pic.

Retired...

kind of.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 11:53 PM
I agree with Crowsman I can't see your pics
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 12:55 AM
This any better?
There's something not quite right about it, but I can't put my finger on it..
@ enriquemt0 & CrowsMan:
I did upload the pictures from my PC as attachments..
So here is the latest one:

Or, if you can't see it
Clicky
I hope one of those worked for you.
Speaking of work.. I best be off. I'll do any changes to him later.
Screenshots

Instructor
#8 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 1:37 AM
Ok, nice start. Try smaller (not too much) and rounder eyes

On the pictures. The box down the bottom still is not showing your picture. The picture in the main text is fine though.

Retired...

kind of.
Instructor
#9 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 2:55 AM
His face looks sort of blocky and the lips are too pink.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 10:31 AM

Right, here is the new and (hopefully ) improved Michael Bublé sim. I fixed the color of the lips, the shape of the eyes and his face.
In my opinion, he looks a lot better. And I won't bother uploading as an attachment because it doesn't seam to work for some people.

Instructor
#11 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 11:46 AM
Ok, looking quite good. With the eyebrows try taking out that little bump and just lowering the whole eybrows.

Retired...

kind of.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 12:28 PM
Yes, look good but I think Michael has more rounded lips.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 1:02 PM

I think I am starting to get close.
I took your advice, and I did some things myself, like added lines to his forehead and shortened his face. Hope it's starting to look like him..

Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2007 at 9:43 PM
Pleaseeeee!!! Where I can find he? I want he in my game. I'm sorry at first, I don't speak English well.

A good job guys!!!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 12:42 AM
Doesn't he have a cleft chin? At one point I had a makeup package for a cleft chin but it has vanished. He needs darker circles under his eyes I think. The eyebrows and nose are spot on. I think the lips need to be a touch pinker. But if I met this Sim in a dark alley I'd turn and swoon. I wanna have his babies! in my game, that is.
#16 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 5:30 AM
One more quick thing, Msure his hairline/face mask doesn't randomly stop like on the sid eof his face, other wise his good.
Locked thread | Locked by: justJones Reason: do not delete-useful info