Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 3:19 PM
You mean like this one: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=60033 ?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 3:22 PM
Probably, by the sound of its description.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 12:10 PM
In theory I use the in-game storytelling feature like Peni, but in practice I too often try to do it Emerald's way -- by remembering where I was when I last played. Only, unlike Emerald, I often don't remember!

I suppose part of the trouble is the way I play. Excluding test and building 'hoods, I've only ever played 6 'hoods: the three base game 'hoods and three custom 'hoods. And I've never abandoned or restarted a 'hood, so all the Sim's I've ever played are still active. But I can leave lots, and indeed whole 'hoods, unplayed for months as even years. For instance I last played Pleasantview in May 2014 -- nearly 4 years ago! But, one fine day, I'll go back, and try to continue where I left off. With over 300 playable Sims over my 6 'hoods, I need a record to tell me what they were last doing 4 years ago! I can't hold all that n my memory! And the in-game storytelling feature is ideal for that -- if I remember to record things properly!

I'm quite good at remembering to take pictures, though sometimes, if something really interesting is happening, I can forget and just keep playing. So I end up with lots of pictures of Sims making beds and serving meals, but miss the first time they make out. . . .But it's a different story when it comes to adding captions to my pictures. Again in theory I play one day rotations, and stop, save, and add the captions around 6 a.m. But, since I play with aging off, I don't have to worry about synchronising, so why not just go on playing? And, before I know where I am, it's the afternoon of the next day! In Real LIfe however it's after 1 a.m., I'm getting very tired, and my mother is shouting at me to go to bed! So I save and quit, with the good intention of writing up the captions the next day. Of course, when I next turn on the computer and start up the game, I don't write up the captions: instead I go on playing; or I play another lot. or even another 'hood! And so, weeks later, I'm looking at the pictures I took and wondering just what was going on when I took them!

Andrew of course says it's just typical of my lazy, messy mind, and if I could just pull myself together, and be more organised like he is (he's a Virgo), I'd do a lot better. As always, he's right!

I'll try to offer a couple of excuses. (1) I find the font in the game's storytelling feature a bit too small, and the colour scheme doesn't help. (2) Possibly this is one of the reasons for the horrific number of typos I make; I really wish there was a spell-checker in storytelling. ("Feeble excuses," Andrew says.)

I also use the Storybook Viewer that Peni linked to. It's font and colour scheme are easier to read (and it can save me loading up the game) but I have had problems with it. Sometimes I've found that the game can't read albums that I've edited with it. In this case the game just overwrites it with a new blank album, losing all the storytelling in it. I think the problem lies in the way the way the Storybook Viewer handles non-ASCII characters. It seems to handle them differently to the in-game editor. In my case I think I caused the problem by being a pedant, and insisting on using the proper Simoleon sign (§) instead of the Dollar sign ($)*. But obviously it could be a bigger problem of you tell your stories in a language other than English that requires non-ASCII characters (e.g. accents and Umlauts). So please @SneakyWingPhoenix , be very careful if you use the Storybook Viewer. Make back-up copies of your storytelling files (webentry_????????.xml) before using it to change anything. I suspect English isn't your native language. I was lucky that I had recent backups and didn't lose anything significant. Nowadays I only use the Storybook Viewer (also known as the Sims 2 Album) to view my stories -- never to edit them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Note *

Andrew says, "Not content with being a lazy slob, you manage to be a pedant too! You really are a hopeless case."

"Oh, please, Andrew!" I reply.

Putting a reassuring hand in my shoulder, he answers, "Oh don't worry! Heaven knows why, but I still like you!"

I have an interesting relationship with my first, and favourite Sim.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 4th May 2018 at 5:04 PM
Notebook. Because switching between game and electronic document is slow and annoying.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#55 Old 4th May 2018 at 9:30 PM
That's why I play in a window. The game is more stable and there's no problem in quickly switching between it and other programs.
Instructor
#56 Old 15th May 2018 at 4:52 PM
I use Spreadsheets for my hoods that I have a taxation system with. Keeping track of every sim is a lot of work, but for me, it's fulfilling (I don't have a life, shoot me). For hoods that I'm just messing around with, I track them with Word Documents. I also have two monitors, so I don't have to switch between the game and my notes. I have the game on my main monitor and my notes on my second monitor. It's very convenient.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#57 Old 15th May 2018 at 5:56 PM
I write up the day's event's on a separate text sheet, and save it. The Lot Sync timer is invaluable in that instance. I've also been using the Sims2 DB, even though it was never updated past BV, but it's at least editable.

I've thought about getting a newer version of Filemaker Pro, but the price is steep and the 'free' versions are time limited. So I'll stick with what I've got.

The Sim Tracker is a great program, but due to some internal programming problems, it does not work on my machine. Just found out that RebaLynn passed away 3 years ago. So we will never have any more updates to it.

I'm sad to hear about that-I was one of her program testers and she was always a very polite and helpful programmer.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 3 of 3