Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 5:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
Default my mods won't work
my mods won't work in the game. I have tried deleting the cache. i checked the resource.crf and i redid the mods and packages folders.[IMG]untitled[/IMG] [IMG]capture[/IMG]
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 6:23 PM
Default My mods wont work
Quote: Originally posted by emelrocks
my mods won't work in the game. I have tried deleting the cache. i checked the resource.crf and i redid the mods and packages folders.
i tried to redo the game and it still wont work.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 6:51 PM
Default that mod didnt work
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
test only the nointro mod

I tried that mod and it still had the intro.
Site Helper
#5 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 8:58 PM
I was going to ask if you're patched, but if you have ITF, you are definitely patched past the point where this should work.

So I would check to see if you have another folder created by the game somewhere else. (like One Drive...)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I was going to ask if you're patched, but if you have ITF, you are definitely patched past the point where this should work.

So I would check to see if you have another folder created by the game somewhere else. (like One Drive...)

how do you do that?
Site Helper
#7 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 1:22 PM
The first test that igazor has people do is to check in the Electronic Arts folder to see if the Date Modified on the DeviceConfig is the same as the last time you started the game. (Switch your view to Details if necessary. Or you can right click and check Properties.) If it's not the same, then there is another folder that the game has put somewhere and is reading from and writing to. If you can't remember, start up the game and get to the Main Menu. Then quit and see if the time shown matches the current date and time. If it is the same, then the mystery continues. If not, you have another folder.

For One Drive, I check the Documents folder in One Drive to see what's in it. If it has an Electronic Arts folder, it shouldn't. One Drive is the usual culprit.

Then, if necessary, you can use the search function on your computer to search the entire computer for "SavedSims" which is a sub-folder of the Sims 3 folder and will not find the Sims 3 folder in Program Files. Be patient; it will take several seconds to go through everything, and Documents is almost the last place it will look. If it finds 2 SavedSims folders, and one of them is not from Sims 2 or Sims 4, you have found your extra folder without a lot of false positives from other programs that are not related to Sims at all or from the game files.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 4:36 PM
i have never use one drive before not ever signed in. And the one drive is empty. The time on the ea file didnt change but the sim 3 file time is right. There is only one savedsims file. does it have to show the mod script found panel at the beginning of the game?
Site Helper
#9 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 5:31 PM
Not necessarily. The big clue is whether or not the effects of the mod are in your game. I saw some NRAAS mods, so if your City Hall has an "NRAAS" menu option they are in there. If your intro doesn't play, then nointro is working. Etc.

If you don't have a second folder, your patch level is above the Ambitions patch (I think that was when it changed) you have not modified your resource.cfg that comes with the MTS Framework Setup, and you have your mods and packages set up properly, I have no more ideas at the moment.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 6:00 PM
i have never use one drive before not ever signed in. And the one drive is empty. The time on the ea file didnt change but the sim 3 file time is right. There is only one savedsims file. does it have to show the mod script found panel at the beginning of the game?

The file to be checked for an updated Modification Date/Time to verify that the correct game folder is being read is the one called DeviceConfig.log or, if you have extensions hidden as per a Windows setting, it would show as just DeviceConfig (same thing). It's a file inside of the game folder in Documents. Is this the file being checked?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 6:06 PM Last edited by stevset : 15th Jun 2017 at 6:43 PM. Reason: Forgot 2.4/2.5
Not really sure if you noticed something odd in your provided screenshot, though may be worth mentioning.

In the screenshots you provided, it shows the following root:
1st: - \Libraries\Documents\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages (with left column of Sims 3 subfolder)
2nd: -\Libraries\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages (without a left column of Sims 3 subfolder)

Making it seem like you have 2 directories of the "\Electronics Arts\The Sims 3" in your Documents\ folder. Now the question is, which one is the game using and where did you put your mods in.
I am guessing your OS is Win 7? I am not quite familiar with the system-hierarchy of OS Win 7 and where it should create your Sims 3 user directory, but heard that it should be in \Libraries\Documents\Electronics Arts\The Sims 3.

Assuming you're on patch 1.67 or 1.69, you may want to try the following (clean run):
- Find every "Electronics Arts\The Sims 3" directories on your system (EXCEPT the one in your install directory, usually Program Files)
- Temporary rename each folder from "Electronics Arts" to "BackupEA" (EXCEPT the one in your install directory, usually Program Files)
- Start game, let it load till main menu, then exit

Doing these steps, the game will create a new \Electronics Arts\The Sims 3 folder on manufacturer settings (vanilla), check your system where its located, probably directly in your \Libraries\ folder. If its not there, you may want to search for it on your system (NOT the one located in your Programs Files).

When you find your Sims 3 user directory, rebuild your mods Framework, such as described in here:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files (get the easy to set up Mods Framework on 2)
Test the No Intro Mod if it works and it should!

When all is done, you have 2 choices:
1. Rebuild your (working) Sims 3 user directory from scratch
-2.1 Go within your (working) "\Electronics Arts\The Sims 3\" user directory
-2.2 delete "\The Sims 3\" folder,
-2.3 go back to your "BackupEA" search for the one which is complete such as displayed like this:

-2.4 having found a complete setup (probably with installed Store Content) in one of those "BackupEA" folder, copy and paste the entire "The Sims 3" folder with its content as reflected in the pic and paste it inside the (real\working) "Electronics Arts" folder, double check if the Mods framework is in it, including your desired mods within the folder "Packages". You may want to look where you put them.
-2.5 start game and check if everything is running.

Do not create your own EA\TS3 directory, either user selfmade or by an extracting program (winzip/winrar/7zip). Find the one the Game created.
If this sounds familiar you might want to clean up your system a bit, so you don't get confused where your (real/working) Sims 3 user directory is located.

Hope this helps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 2:54 AM
what do u mean about the folders?
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 3:38 AM
i also took everything out of the sims 3 folder already.
Instructor
#14 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 8:05 AM
what do u mean about the folders?

From the 3 screenshots pics above, your Win 7 has OneDrive, by default Win 7 doesn't have OneDrive (unless you installed Microsoft Essentials 2012). To make sure your OneDrive is not interrupting TS3 accessing its Docs folder (as you may have double ElectronicArts\TheSims3\ folders because you have OneDrive), you need to disabled your OneDrive, even if you didn't find anything in it or your OneDrive is empty, that doesn't mean TS3 isn't accessing your OneDrive, because by the native of OneDrive, by default it's making some kind of backup for your documents folder (like GoogleDrive), therefore you need to disabled it for your TS3 to make sure TS3 only access the original TS3 Docs folder located in your hard drive. Go here and go to OneDrive for how to disabled it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 3:43 PM
one drive isn't installed.
Instructor
#16 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 4:55 PM
one drive isn't installed.

Your Win 7 screenshots says you have OneDrive, it wouldn't be there if you don't have Microsoft Essentials 2012 installed to your Win 7, you can check if Microsoft Essentials 2012 is installed or not from Control Panel >> Programs and Features.

I don't know if the procedure to disabled it, is the same or different from Win 10 version, it should be the same if I remember it correctly (as I don't use Win 7 anymore), if you want to remove it, then you have to uninstall your Microsoft Essentials 2012 completely, but all will be removed including your Movie Maker, Pictures Gallery and etc, and you can't re-download and reinstall it back again as Microsoft has already discontinued it and pulled out the installer from its web. (Unless you have copy of the offline stand alone installer).

If you need your Microsoft Essentials 2012, you don't have to uninstall it, just make another Windows Profile Account, log in to the new one, and immediately disabled OneDrive from your new Windows profile account before you run TS3 from that account, as at this stage TS3 haven't create a new TS3 docs folder for your new Windows Profile Account.

PS: (Edited) It seems like you're playing TS3 from a shared computer network as in the bottom of your screenshot says your Documents folder is shared, if that's the case, try not to share your TS3 Docs folder by right clicking on your TS3 docs folder, just in-case this also would potentially interrupting TS3 accessing your "real" TS3 documents folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 4:58 PM
i uninstalled because it is never used and was never used. i use google drive.
Instructor
#18 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 5:12 PM
i uninstalled because it is never used and was never used. i use google drive.

If you still see the OneDrive there, then it still there, try restarting you computer to make sure it's gone after you uninstalled it.