Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 1:36 PM
Default Game won't recognize custom Sim interaction script
And yet again I'm back with more scripting questions! I've been trying to get this script to work, getting it at least assign on a sim or appear. But it doesn't matter what I try it just won't. Appear. I've read Cmar's Sim Pie Interaction tutorial and used it as a template to see if it would work, but it just doesn't appear in-game. I've a XML file for the kInstantiator as well, so that's not the issue. I also included the STBL files with the package. If anyone wants to see the package itself, feel free to ask! Here's the script:
The mod itself is basically a way to turn on the imaginary friends effect for human sims. Due to the fact that we can't apply visual effects with CASParts. Unless... there is?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 4:43 PM
I think the mod won't work as expected,
you need to instantiate and store the effect reference somewhere else, because you will lose the reference every time the interaction finishes so you won't be able to control the effect anymore.

In this situation, usually the game uses traits or moodlets to hold the effect reference for every sim. When the game is loaded, the effect starts, when the game quit, the effect is disposed.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 10:09 AM
I can see why that would work out. I'll take a look at the buffs and see if I can get it to work with a buff instead

Thanks for your reply!