Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 2:56 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 3rd Mar 2017 at 4:28 AM.
Default Looking for a tutorial.
I need to add an alpha group to a body mesh.
I usually chose the hula for adult, or the ballerina for children, but I am making a toddler body mesh, and none of them have a body_alpha group. Well, some of the Store item have, but then it won't be BG compatible.
I found Grizzelda's tutorial name Adding_alphapart_BodyMesh, unfortunately..it only shows how to create the alpha mesh. I know this already, thank you.
he/she ? is using the hula outfit to make his/her mesh package, so yeah.

Is there any other proper tutorial that actually teach how to add a body_alpha group to a body mesh?
Thank you.
Oh and of course a tutorial that teach how to also add a corresponding texture to the new added alpha group, obviously, if it is not included in the first tut.

ETA
I think I just found something pretty complete.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...25#startcomment

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 12:31 PM
You should be able to use a store item as a base without having to worry about compatibility, for future reference.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 1:57 PM
If my final choice of clothing is either BG or Store..it is BG compatible?
Wow..so that means no more worries ever! thank you.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 9:11 PM
Alpha Skirt Tutorial... My favourite tutorial for adding alpha parts. It's really clear and easy to follow!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 9:26 PM
Thank you very much!

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 11:06 PM
Generally speaking, as far as I know, any clothing is basegame compatible - as long as it's a new mesh - unless you specifically change things to make it require an EP. In the same way, you can use CC clothing as a base without downloaders needing that CC clothing, as long as your clothing has its own mesh.

Forum Resident
#7 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I need to add an alpha group to a body mesh.
I usually chose the hula for adult, or the ballerina for children, but I am making a toddler body mesh, and none of them have a body_alpha group. Well, some of the Store item have, but then it won't be BG compatible.
I found Grizzelda's tutorial name Adding_alphapart_BodyMesh, unfortunately..it only shows how to create the alpha mesh. I know this already, thank you.
he/she ? is using the hula outfit to make his/her mesh package, so yeah.

Is there any other proper tutorial that actually teach how to add a body_alpha group to a body mesh?
Thank you.
Oh and of course a tutorial that teach how to also add a corresponding texture to the new added alpha group, obviously, if it is not included in the first tut.

ETA
I think I just found something pretty complete.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...25#startcomment
If you're looking for a tutorial which will teach you how to add mesh parts well. here is the simplest one I know [IMG]Here[/IMG] Here. I use it a lot as eveytime I have to make a new mesh and want to make sure I'm doing it right and double check with his instructions.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 12:29 AM
Thank you!!!!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Generally speaking, as far as I know, any clothing is basegame compatible - as long as it's a new mesh - unless you specifically change things to make it require an EP. In the same way, you can use CC clothing as a base without downloaders needing that CC clothing, as long as your clothing has its own mesh.

But this makes no sense to me though...
I made french double doors. I cloned the double door from AL...one of my friend who did not have AL could not use it. The mesh & textures were my own. I started cloning only BG items after that.
As for clothing..i thought if i clone a Seasons ep top, even though i change the mesh..you'd need Seasons. Wasn't it a thing?
I will extract parts from any EP or SP, but when my mesh is all ready, then I'll always clone a BG item as my final body shop project.
The information you are giving me clashes with everything i thought I knew. lol
Anyway, my overalls are done now. using the Daddy's Little Zombie outfit from the Store.
And since I know better now, I might never have to add alpha group to anything..the toddler age was the only age without one in all its clothing. So if using the store is fine, it'll be that!
Easier.
Thank you.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 1:20 AM
The issue with objects is to do with BHAVs - objects have their own BHAVs which come with the EP, but not all of the BHAVs are included when you clone an object. So you wind up with an object which requires BHAVs (or BCONs or one of a number of other things) which either only exist in AL, or which exist in previous EPs but are out-of-date for that particular object.

Bodyshop stuff doesn't have BHAVs, or any other dependencies on game files, so when you clone it, you get something which will work for everyone. (I'm sure there are a few niche exceptions, mind)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 1:43 AM
Perfect then. I'll update my database with this new knowledge. Or if you prefer, I know better now.
Thanks again!