Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 9:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Female Adult CC Hair Showing Up On Female Babies
Hello, so I had this glitch for quite a while now but I didn't know where the glitch was happening until recently. Recently, I started a new Current Household with my Saunders family. They have two children, one boy who is a toddler and one girl, who was born a a couple of sims days earlier. However I get, how would I explain this but I will have a screenshot of what I am trying to explain but I get these weird textures which covers half the screen and sometimes the whole screen, this only happens when there is a female baby in the household which I only knew this a couple of days ago when I downloaded some baby CC clothes and when I to put the clothes on the baby, using the Stylist tool from the Nrass Master Controller Mod when I noticed that there was female hair on my female baby. But however I couldn't get rid of the inappropriate hair style of my female baby sim.

I scanned my CC using The Sims 3 Dashboard Tool by Delphy and everything came back clear. Note though that my CC are bundled into a couple of huge files by using S3PE for the best performance (in my mods folder). Then I scanned my CC them separately, outside of my Sims 3 Folder and that came back clear as well. I don't know what is causing this issue, could it be bad CC and Dashboard isn't picking it up or what. I hope someone can help me resolve this issue as I never seen this issue reported on the forums before. Also here are the two screenshots I took that will give you a better idea what my issue is.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 11:38 PM
I think you might have cc hair that is meant for teen-elder and it is wrongly enabled for some (or all) younger ages. I've had that before and it is indeed a pain to track down with merged packages. It's been awhile, but I think I made a copy of the sim and exported it to track down the hair that was enabled for the wrong ages. It isn't something that shows in dashboard, you're right ( or at least it didn't in my case either). I've gotten to where I now check all new hairs I dl in S3PE for their age categories before I add them in game. I had saved a copy of the messed up hair I tracked down and finally removed, but I just recently deleted it. I doubt it would be the same one anyway. If I recall correctly I exported a copy of the sim and then used custard to see what hair it had. Then I had to track down that hair ( as I don't keep copies of my unmerged cc, I know I should !) and then use S3PE to delete the hair from the merged package. Good luck and if you have any other questions I'll try to check back with this thread.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 5:57 PM
So I have never done this before with S3PE, is it possible to guide me through on the process on how to do this on making sure how to check the hair is for the right age group using S3PE?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 7:23 PM
It can be a graphics issue, particularly with the colors and/or black screen. Graphic issues can sometimes cause CAS to misbehave. Can you post your computer specs (including graphics card info and all that)?

The baby/hair issue can also be improperly made CC, and scanning the CC won't detect weird meshing issues or anything that doesn't directly break the item. If you have all baby items easily available in the download folder, the first thing to do should be to try removing the files and adding them back in slowly until you find the culprit (50/50 method - it's probably enough to only check CAS files).
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 8:32 PM
Can this hair be identified? Can you give me a link to that hair then? I'd like to have a look as I am currently working on something that might be related.
Inventor
#6 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 8:40 PM
Glad to guide you ( it's real easy or I couldn't do it ) . First locate the package you want to open, then open it with S3pe... under File>open. Then find the column at the top that says "Tag", look down that column for the tag that says CASP, then then click that entry ( it will highlight in dark blue). Next, look down near the bottom middle for a button called "Grid", click that. Now you'll get a little pop up box that shows various things. Look for where it says " AgeGender" Click the little plus symbol on the left. Then click the plus symbol by "Age". It will show baby, toddler, child etc under that. If you see something that looks funky, just click the "true" written beside it. That will pop up an option to set the hair as true or false for that age. I never really mess with child or younger cc , but most cc hair meshes have a pf designation for toddler and a cf for child I think , or pm and cm for males. What happened in my case , and I'd bet yours too, was that the creator inadvertently ticked a wrong box ( or two) and that is a nightmare on those young sims, because you can't change it in CAS, or I couldn't. Most cc hair is enabled for all clothing categories, but if it isn't and you want to change it just follow pretty much the same steps. Same thing can be done with clothes and accessories.

If you need help deleting the offending package from your merged cc once you find it, I'd suggest either or both of these tutorials. They are pretty much the same, but more info never hurts http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1029/ and https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012...tiple-packages/ . Finding out which cc hair is messed up is really the toughest part of it all. As I said before, I think I packaged the sim and then checked what they had cc wise. I may have had to age them up before or after the packaging, I just can't remember. Good luck and if you have any other questions feel free. I'd be curious to know what hair it is when you do track it down. Mine was either a Skysims or a Butterflysims one and I don't remember if it was the original or a retexture from a different creator. Quite a headache, but I was so happy to get rid of those huge streaks and impaired game visuals I had. What a relief!

ETA, forgot to add something essential, lol... that's me in a nutshell! After you make the changes in S3PE you'll need to click commit first and then save in S3PE to make your changes stick.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 1:11 PM
Thanks to answering to my original post. I can confirm it isn't a graphical issue as I explained that it only happens to female babies and I know it's a CC issue, I am confident it is. But I will leave the specs of my pc just in case that it isn't

PC Specs
Alienware X51 R2
8GB of Ram
Nvida GeForce GTX 745
Intel Core I5 4460 clocked at 3.2 Ghrz.
Video Driver Version: 21.21.13 7653 From 29th December 2016
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 2:08 PM
Hey, after a while searching for the hair, I finally found it. It's on TSR and it's by SkySims and it is the Skysims Hair Adult 246_piio. But however, It isn't showing up in CAS however one of my sims still has the hair on her. Anyway here is the link: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...iio/id/1268332/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 2:49 PM
Thank you very much, How I found the CC was easy. Firstly, I went into the original file of the CC that was causing the issue, which was Skysims Hair Adult 246_piio in my case. I did what you said with in the original file, just in case I had another issue. Then I took down the instance no. as it did came in handy in the end. Then I went into the merged file where it was stored in, and went down until the CASP tag and the instance no. that matched up with the troublesome CC that I took a note earlier of, and did the same thing as before. Note that I had this stored somewhere else on my PC the one that I edited just in case that I would mess up my game. Then I replaced the troublesome version with the one I just edited. Now I just have to launch my game and see if it works.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 3:23 PM
It worked but however it still showed up on the same baby as before, that may just be due to the fact that she was born before I posted this thread but I tested it on another female baby and the issue was gone. Anyway I just aged up my baby into a toddler to resolve that issue but now there should be no more floating hair in my game anymore. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Also go check out my YouTube Channel, it's called OPA! Simmer, We recently reached over 80 subs so It would be great if you sub to my YouTube channel, it will make me very happy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR...K2WvrL9DltWasCA

Anyway the case is closed and thank you helping me resolve this issue again.
Inventor
#11 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 4:26 PM
Really glad you got it sorted and don't have to deal with that mess anymore ! When I read your initial post I thought it sounded all too familiar. I'm pretty sure that was the same hair that gave me fits as well , thanks for sharing that info as it may help others down the road. Did you clear your caches before you restarted the game after you fixed the cc ? That might be why it showed up again on the baby before you aged her up.You're most welcome for the help and if I get a chance I'll check out your channel. Happy Simming!

Forum Resident
#12 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 9:25 PM
I recently found an issue with Skysims 226 - same thing, attaching to babies. just an FYI