Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 7:32 PM
Default MMD Conversions?
Hello,

I wanted to ask, as the title states, about converting some clothes from the Miku Miku Dance program. I have a couple of the Project Diva modules that have clothes I was hoping to convert for personal use. I've been able to get the clothes extracted and somewhat posed and sized properly (can't get the arms right. >.<), but when I try to load them up in TSRW, it throws errors. I have tried lowering the polycount in Milkshape but haven't had much luck, so there's a chance I may have done it wrong.

Does anyone know if it's possible to convert some of these items over? Hopefully this was the right section to post this in.

Thanks,

Okami
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 11:39 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 11:46 PM Last edited by OkamiFukuro : 27th Jan 2017 at 3:22 PM.
Oh hi! Nice to see you again! I see you're a mod now... congrats!

The error it tends to give me is about "The number of vertices needs to be..." whatever number of vertices it is. However, the mesh does sometimes seem to appear in TSRW, and sometimes it doesn't. Its kind of weird. It doesn't help that I can't get the arms right either, so that might be part of the reason it looks so funky the stray few times it does appear in the workshop. Unfortunately, despite multiple attempts in the last 10 minutes, I haven't been able to get it to load in. It gives me the "number of vertices" error and then says the import has failed.

That said, I'm not sure what to do to provide you with a good idea of what is happening. I can offer the original mesh if you want it, but any of the ones I edited currently won't go into TSRW.

EDIT: I also wanted to mention that since the last time you helped me, the object conversions have been going pretty well. I'm still fighting to get that clothing mesh to look the way I want it though, but I haven't completely given up hope on it yet.
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 7:42 PM
Heheh it actually does! ^-^ The "The number of vertices needs to be..." error is usually a 'normals data? Wut? THose aren't correctly assigned!' Sooo, what you wanna do is first in Milkshape is, apply model cleaner in the tools tab. (just to be sure) and click no on all the pop ups. Then, you want to use 'align normals' which you can download right here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=139859 ^-^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 6:34 PM
Just tried cleaning the model and aligning normals, but it still won't go into TSRW, unfortunately.
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 12:41 PM
Odd... Which version of TSRW do you use? Else I would try to replace the import plugins from this version: greenplumbboblover.tumblr.com/post/132219005426/tsrw-172
and try using that version of TSRW?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 12:04 AM
I tried updating to that version of TSRW; still doesn't work. Same error, unfortunately. So either I've done something to really screw up the mesh (which is entirely possible), or there's something we're missing.

For the moment, I'll attempt with a different outfit that is a little simpler to see if that solves anything. Otherwise, I guess we'll have to keep fiddling with the stupid thing, or I forget about trying this.
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 7:29 PM
Hmm well, I could take a look at the mesh if you want me to ^-^ Wrk/package/sims3pack file or just a wso file would be fine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:56 PM
If you want to take a look at the mesh, go ahead; but don't feel obligated. I uploaded the original mesh, as well as the normalized one (my version may not fit a sims body quite right; it's hard to proportion, and the arms aren't properly angled yet as I was having a little trouble with that). For the original mmd mesh, you will need PMX editor, which you can find in English if you google it. Otherwise, the Jap version should work fine. I was attempting to get it to fit onto a YA body, but looking at the outfit again, it may work better on a teen. But that doesn't really matter too much; I can decide later if you are able to figure out what might be the issue.

I'm still trying to fiddle with a different outfit... get it to fit the sim body is hard. xD
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Normalized.rar (111.3 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  pdaft_kitty_ears_hoodie_luka_by_luke_flame-d8af5bf.rar (1.76 MB, 17 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 5:11 PM
So, I've managed to get a different outfit to work the way I want it to; however, texturing is odd. I still have to assign all the pieces to the proper spot on the texture file, but with just testing, the piece of clothing (shoes, shirt and shorts) show up sharing some of the skin color or the color of the random piece of clothing TSRW spawns in at the beginning. I wanted to see if you knew anything about it before I went to fight with texturing and stuff.

Also, is there a way to align head accessories? I have base sim body meshes, but no head meshes, so I can't adjust the item.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 3:26 PM
Still no luck with texturing... have you had any luck figuring out why the other mesh wouldn't work?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 6:07 PM
Here is an image of the error i'm getting when texturing. TSRW also likes to throw Out of Memory exceptions at me whenever I try to load the textures as an overlay (hence the big red X in the texture area).
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#13 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 7:25 PM
I'm so sorry! I wasn't ignoring you! I just subsribed to the thread so I'll be able to see if you updated the thread now

Anyway, just out of curiosity, are you trying to import a obj file in the mesh tab? This could cause some trouble with TSRW. It looooves to throw you some errors when importing a mesh for a lot of reasons. And I think that the black-ish skin's because the mesh that you've used is actually a transparency mesh. (The clones item I mean)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 3:53 PM Last edited by OkamiFukuro : 15th Feb 2017 at 4:12 PM.
I was about to send you a PM wondering if you'd forgotten about me.

Yeah, I was trying to import an OBJ a couple of times. Switched to WSO and it didn't have as much trouble. I had to go re hunt down the Milkshape WSO plugins.

Maybe.... I'm trying to grab another mesh (this time the EP11 Teen Uniform one) to try over that one but TSRW keeps crashing every time I try to export the original mesh. >.< Attempting with a base game mesh, I was able to export the original, import the new one, and add the bones via the original mesh; the picture linked is what happens.

When I add in the textures, I get what happens in the second image. I do still have to edit the overlay to take out some of the extra bits and pieces that are in it for the other parts of the mesh, but I don't think that's the whole issue, considering bits of the texture from the skirt is moving onto the shirt and the legs have gone black again.
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#15 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 6:40 PM
I guess the texture issue is probably an UV mapping issue. since it's a top, you want to keep all your UV map bits on the yellow part area as showed in this image:

If you don't, then other parts of differetn CASparts will bleed through your own CASpart. You do need to edit the UV map in Blender (or milkshape, or another 3D modeling program) and edit the textures. Which I have showed in a video as well on how to do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xd...AJOuZIy4w7&t=4s

Though do you think the texturing is the reason why the mesh turns all black, or when you reimport your mesh?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 1:13 AM
Ohhh, okay. I never realized that was how it worked. It makes sense though, when I consider the textures of clothing items and how they are arranged. I'll have to go into the image, figure out again which pieces belong to each part of my mesh, and then go from there. I did have the UV map already moved around to the correct locations; but I didn't think that the texture being the way it was would cause an issue.

I'm pretty sure it's the texturing; the mesh in the second picture didn't turn black until I tried to add the texture. The first picture was the initial import of my mesh.

I'll give editing the texture a try and see how it imports. Probably won't get to it until tomorrow, but we'll see. Once I've given it a shot I'll post back to let you know how it went.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 4:43 PM
So, I sort of got it working; the texture appears properly now, and the skin stays the correct color, however, it still isn't perfect. When I add in the texture as an overlay, the colors are slightly distorted, and a random blue appears in the middle of the chest area. When I take it out and add it as the multiplier, it doesn't show the blue. (Yes, the multiplier isn't grayscaled yet; was just testing). As well, when I try to activate the transparency for the gloves, the skin turns black again.

Any thoughts?
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#18 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 10:52 PM
A black mesh usually means that you turned on the transparency. IN this case, I don't really see why you'd need to turn on the transparency of a mesh since your texture seems to be functioning allright with just the mesh. So in your case, I would turn it off.
You want to keep in mind that when you put any textures in your overlay map, you won't be able to change the colors of it! The overlay map is usually used for, let's say, add zippers on a jacket without them being recolored so you don't have to do weird things with your mask

as for the blueish spot, I think it's a stencil/logo or maybe it came with your overlay map but because your multiplier map will always turn out a bit brighter compared to the overlay map, maybe it has been there forever but because of the multiplier being so bright, maybe it turning it blue? And I would check the mesh tab (materials) to see if your texture is sucessfully replaced with those textures inside ^-^ Not sure if you ever edited anything in the mesh> materials (click button with 3dots)?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 7:24 PM Last edited by OkamiFukuro : 18th Feb 2017 at 5:41 PM.
I know how the overlay works. My intent was to keep it from being recoloured.

But it doesn't really matter. I can't get it to work. I edited the textures in the mesh tab and it still changed nothing. I left one of the color options on, and it turned all the white and gray to blue. For good measure, I added a picture of what it should look like. This photo also shows the transparency in her gloves.

I get the feeling I should just stick to objects. It seems like nothing I do in the way of clothing turns out right. I was considering attempting to do this in TS4 instead but I can't see that going well either. Oh well, I guess. If you've got any ideas on how to fix this, I'll give it a shot.
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#20 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 4:18 PM
Ohhh wait, you want to make it like see-through? To be fair, I don't really see what's wrong with the texture, besides the black part around the bow. Which I guess might be a normals related issue. This one alwayus helped me out with changing it to a transparency compatible mesh: http://ikarisims.tumblr.com/post/87...tsheer-clothing
I would recommend doing the shader changing AFTER you exported it as a package, not wehn you're still working on it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 7:18 PM
The issue with the textures is that anywhere the color is supposed to be gray, it's a weird bluish color. As the picture shows, her sleeves and neck piece (excluding the bow) are supposed to be gray. I'll take a look at that tutorial to figure out the transparency, and I'll try graying out the whole texture for the multiplier, and then maybe pop in the overlay to see if any colors fix. If not, I'll have to try making a multiplier, which will be a nuisance.

And yes, the gloves were intended to be see-through, if possible. If I can't get that to work, I'll just forget about it and leave them opaque.