Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:24 PM
Default Custom Bed with animations of a base game bed - Help!
Hi!!!

I edited a game base bed (I edited the size of the blanket to fit in a custom frame) and I cloned with a game base bed. I tested the game and the sims can sleep in it (it has the interactions of a normal bed), but it does not have the animations. How can I put the animations in it (blanket, mattress and pillow move when the sim is sleeping)?
Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 11:06 PM
Hi,

You can add a blanket to the top of the bed, however it is extremely difficult to edit the animations for the bed. If it lacks all animations, how does the sim get in bed? Did you keep that line that EA has at the top of the covers? you can add animations back but that's your problem when you edited the size of EA's blanket it lost the animations which is why we don't do it because you will be hours fixing it. That entails adding all the joints back one by one which is horrible and time consuming and I've never tried it. The best thing to do is keep EA's blanket, bring your mesh in (the headboard and whatnot) then add EA's and delete their headboard. This will keep your animations. Add the transform bone and export. Now use cinema or a related program to make a custom blanket to add to the top of the bed which won't need animations for the sim to use.
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 11:07 PM
Addon: Remember, the custom blanket can cover the EA blanket so you don't have to worry about seeing that but the wonderful part is no joints besides the transform one