Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No (or fewer) automatic memories (with custom tool to make your own mod) Edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM - Updated 19th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

622 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 370 Feedback Posts, 251 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 25
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 1:52 AM
Thanks for the latest update!
Inventor
Original Poster
#102 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 7:14 AM
@Wojtek: Cool, thank you. I don't know anything about the Polish language. The translations will appear on the buttons and the category headers in place of the English strings. I'll simply trust that you'll translate it in a way that makes most sense for Polish users
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:50 PM
Yesss! I can't wait to put this in my game! :3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#104 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:57 PM
OMFG. So needed. I'm thankful you gave us a tuning tool! That's so wonderful of you. Now we don't all need to go and tweak every little line of XML to get the mod we want.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 1:49 AM
Very cool, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 5:59 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! xoxoxo
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#107 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 6:33 PM
And this sounds like a great mod! Thanks.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#108 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 8:57 PM
Came back to grab the No Memories version after trying out a reduced version I made with your tool. The game is SO BAD at actually taking pictures of the memeories I'd rather do it manually myself.
Thanks once again.
Test Subject
#109 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 6:46 PM
Hi and thank you very much for sharing this mod. I had no idea all those memories (which I never even looked at in the scrapbook) could bloat my saved games so badly. So... obviously I did not delete as they were created and at this point there are about 432 million memories in scrapbooks.

Is there a specific file where the memories are kept so I can delete all the memories at once, rather than all 432 million one at a time?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#110 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 7:41 PM
Thank you so much. I can't tell ya the countless hours spent to delete memories of meeting celebs from *every* sim in town. Although I am not done yet. This will be a huge help!
Test Subject
#111 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 12:37 AM Last edited by stefan89 : 29th Jun 2011 at 9:26 PM.
I cannot save my own file, it gives me an error message...

Cannot found file c:\documents and settings\tiago\ambiente de trabalho\s3_0333406C_000000000_9A976CECC75C81_DreamsAndPromisesNodes%%+_XML.1_22.xml'.

Edit: My game is in Portuguese (PT) and I use the file without the strings. And I did redownload the file.
Inventor
Original Poster
#112 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 10:39 PM
@easier: The memories are stored in one of the savegame files, but they are not separate, so memories can't be deleted en masse so easily. I have seen in the code a debug function to purge memories. I'm not sure if Twallan's DebugEnabler includes this. If not, I might create a mod to allow purging of memories, though I don't know when I would do this.

@Wojtek: I'm going to ask hotroxy777. Socialization should simply be interactions between sims. Socials should also refer to the same. Hands Entered confused me as well. I speculated above that it might be interactions that are user directed, but it doesn't seem to fit 100%, so your guess is as good as mine. Acting Career - Profession Expansion seem to be the non rabbit hole parts of the acting career (i.e. the expansion of the career that are profession like). Party and Computer Updates are the new nodes for Party and Computer respectively that came with the listed EP.

@stefan89: There seem to have been problems with the path of the xml. Please try the strings version. This should hopefully fix the issue (and also allow you to view the memory names in Portuguese).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#113 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 3:09 AM
I haven't played long enough to get any real specific memories other than the Bookstore/Shopping ones, but from what I'm hearing (and by spying the 300 limit in the scrapbook for EACH sim), I decided I'd try to find a memory mod that would limit or get rid of the automatic memories altogether without disabling the function.

Thanks much for that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 5:12 AM
Thanks so much! I always add custom memories anyways.
Field Researcher
#115 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 3:04 PM
Would love an import/export feature, so I can save my configuration.
Inventor
Original Poster
#116 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 7:05 PM
@Anach: Would the ability to "load" a previously with the tool created package be along the lines of what you want? The loading would then set the checkboxes according to what was in that package. (Saving the package would be the "Export" then.)

@Wojtek: hotroxy777 says "Yes of course ", so you can go ahead and submit your corrections And actually it is "Hand Entered", not "Hands Entered", sorry for getting that wrong. But yes, it is not immediately apparent what they mean by it. The category texts do not appear anywhere where the sim player can see them. They are only used internally to group several of the nodes together, maybe so that developers can find them more easily. I could have left them out and just presented the memory nodes as one long list, but I thought it would be helpful to have them grouped up, so I chose to use this existing internal categorization, even though it does not provide translations and is sometimes confusing.
Field Researcher
#117 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@Anach: Would the ability to "load" a previously with the tool created package be along the lines of what you want? The loading would then set the checkboxes according to what was in that package. (Saving the package would be the "Export" then.)

Even better!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#118 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 10:25 PM
I've been using this mod pretty much since it's come out, but I seem to be having a issue, I'm not saying it's related to this particular mod, I do have a few of Twallan's mods and Anach's installed also, but here it is.....When I go to fulfill a few of my sim's wishes it's not working, as in it's not giving me the lifetime points or removing the wish after I fulfill it. Since this is a memory mod, (I've installed the no memories at all mod) I'm wondering does that mess with wishes in anyway? Mods installed are, your no mosaic, twallan's overwatch, MC, SP, relativity, woohooer, and Anach's cas default skin mod and his cas 8 by 2. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 2:01 AM
I have Overwatch, MC, and SP from Twallan. Those haven't created any issues for me in fulfilling the wishes of my Sims, and I'm also using this mod so I know it's not the culprit. At least, it isn't for me. I think the best way to figure it out is to remove mods one at a time until you find the culprit mod (remember to use Twallan's instructions for uninstalling his own mods, them being Interaction Injectors and all...).

“Despair ruins some, presumption many”
Inventor
Original Poster
#120 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 12:42 PM
@Wojtek: Thank you very much! I've added your changes to the Polish translation.

@Anach: I've updated the tool with a load option.

@Simsdestroyer: The memory handling is closely connected to the wishes, but mods created with the tool shouldn't break normal wish functionality (and I just did another check in a test game and had no problems fulfilling wishes). Do you maybe have an outdated version of Twallan's Dreamer? If not, I would suggest you follow DarkCoffeeJazz's advice and remove mods separately to find which one is causing the behavior.

@DarkCoffeeJazz: Thanks for confirming that there shouldn't be an inherent problem with using this mod along with Overwatch, MC, and SP.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#121 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 2:35 PM
Thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#122 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 5:51 AM
I just wanted to say thank you for saving my sanity.
It isn't just that unmodded the sims get the memory thing for every stinking little thing, but in my game they get them in the weirdest way too... like the first memory thingy a baby gets when it is born is the "got thin" one. o.O Not to mention that the parents upon giving birth get the "first woohoo with" (no you stupid sim, you've been married for ages and this is your _third kid_ together). I swear I even saw this horrible memory pop up in this one (very glitchy for other reasons, the mom has gotten stuck eternally pregnant at the moment) where the kid did something the game deemed memorable and the dad got a "woohooed with" _his kid_ at the same time. Scary.
So no I'm nuking all memories with your mod, and thank you for saving me from this madness.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 6:41 PM
thank you so much - i was desperately waiting for this mod since the memories were driving me crazy.
Test Subject
#124 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 9:16 AM
Omg, thanyouthankyouthankyou! :lovestruc

I haven't been playing Sims 3 cause it was more working than
relaxing xD.
So allot of loves from me <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 3:14 PM Last edited by DanBrunetu' : 15th Apr 2013 at 10:15 AM.
>>> THANKS
Page 5 of 25