Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 6:55 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPE: Making Memories of Jobs
I'm trying to make my own custom neighborhood, complete with full memories, family trees and so on. To do this, I'm using SimPE, and I'm doing pretty well at the moment, however, when I try and create a memory of someone getting a job, I don't know how to put the jobs icon in the memory. If not, the memory in the game appears blank, and I don't want to go through the hassle of going on the game, giving them the job, and just promoting them to where they need to be. Can anyone please help me?

Michael Leese - LeeseyBoy
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 9:58 PM Last edited by maxon : 3rd Aug 2017 at 10:16 PM.
Oh you need to know the code for the job and put it in the second tab - I did this a long time ago and think I have not got the codes available anymore - might be on the wiki. You can also work them out by looking at other sims who got the jobs in the conventional way. I'll post a picture from SimPE in a minute. Another alternative is to use the sim themselves as the subject of the memroy - sounds silly but as a last resort it works and it looks like the memory says - I got myself a job (IYSWIM).

Edit: so here's the picture. In the Raw Data tab for the memory it's option 0x0005 - you need to know the code for each job. That one (6555) is for the business career. I'll have a hunt around and see if I can find my list - or, as I said, it might be on the wiki.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 10:22 PM Last edited by LeeseyBoy : 4th Aug 2017 at 12:16 AM.
Thank you so much for this :lovestruc I'll have a look around for the Career codes, but if you do find it, that would be a great help Thanks again

EDIT: I cannot for the life of me find it, I have no idea what to search, and everything I've searched makes the search engines confused, and search for everything but what I need

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 11:41 PM Last edited by maxon : 8th Aug 2017 at 10:01 PM.
Ok - well I tried reconstructing my list and I think this is it. I'm not 100% sure but perhaps you can test them for me if you're doing this anyway? You will note I don't know many of the teen ones and also that the codes for the teen (and presumably elder) jobs are different (where I have both) to the adult codes. There are also a couple of adult ones missing.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 10:44 AM
Thank you so much for the help I'll try these out, and will let you know how it goes :P

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 10:02 PM
WARNING

I'm pretty sure the information I posted earlier is only half right. I finally found my notes tonight (looking for something else naturally) and I'm pretty sure I've misremembered the complete process. Let me read them through and check it again.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 3:34 PM
Right @LeeseyBoy

I think this is correct - I had only half remembered it right. With the job memories, you need to define the object (the icon for the job) via it's GUID. You go into the Raw Data tab and edit both lines 5 AND 6 - not as I'd misremembered, only one of those.

You use the GUID and put the first four digits of the GUID in line 6 and the last four digits of the GUID in line 5 (yes, back to front). That should do it. I attach another table, this time showing both parts of the GUID though adults only. If you need the teen or elder careers, I could probably do that or could tell you how to do it yourself (it's a simple thing).

I apologise for the mis-information with the last post. It's been a long time since I did this. But YAY! I found my notes. So it's all good.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 4:23 PM
I had the Teen/Elder and Pet career GUIDs in my notes

Quote:
Teen Athletic - 0xAC89E947
Teen Business - 0x4C1E0577
Teen Criminal - 0xACA07ACD
Teen Culinary - 0x4CA07B0C
Teen Law Enforcement - 0x6CA07B39
Teen Medical - 0xAC89E918
Teen Medical - 0xCCA07B66
Teen Politics - 0xCCA07B8D
Teen Science - 0xECA07BB0
Teen Slacker - 0x6CA07BDC
Teen Adventure - 0xF240D235
Teen Education - 0xD243BBEC
Teen Gamer - 0x1240C962
Teen Journalism - 0x5240E212
Teen Law - 0x1243BBDE
Teen Music - 0xB243BBD2
Teen Architecture - 0x53E1C30F
Teen Dance - 0xD3E094A5
Teen Entertainment - 0x53E09494
Teen Intelligence - 0x93E094C0
Teen Oceanography - 0x13E09443

Pet Security - 0xD188A400
Pet Service - 0xB188A4C1
Pet Show Biz - 0xD175CC2

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 2:44 PM
That's perfect, thank you both Cannot express my gratitude enough ^_^