Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 7:24 AM
Default pasted-in text issue on MTS threads
Hello,

I noticed within the last day or two that something has broken with apostrophes and quotation marks (for Chrome at least) in the MTS threads. The place I noticed it was my story, which I paste-in text for. I'm on Windows 10 and using Chrome. I have asked other people around to check it and most confirm they see it too either on Windows 7 and 10 and on Chrome - where those characters I mentioned have a black diamond with a question mark in place of what should be seen. I tested writing in these characters and they seem to be fine so it's only for pasted-in characters. I see this on mobile as well. Did some code change on MTS that could have borked apostrophes/quotations? as they weren't like this even last week? I'm attaching a snippet I took of it.
Screenshots

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 11:06 AM
Several people have this issue. I also have Chrome, but someone mentioned this being a mobile issue?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 11:14 AM
Should be fixed now, or at least it will when the caches clear.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 2:37 PM Last edited by Charmful : 15th Mar 2018 at 8:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Should be fixed now, or at least it will when the caches clear.

Thanks for looking into this, @Tashiketh. I refreshed my mobile and desktop caches. While it is true that there is no longer a black diamond with a question mark in place of apostrophe's/quoations - they have all been replaced with d'z" I have attached a screenshot snippet for reference. I see this new effect on both mobile and Desktop Chrome Browsers.

edit: also see it happening on Windows 7 Firefox and Chrome :/ However it was just on the most recent chapter, the rest of it was fixed on the entirety of the story where it showed before. I may just manually have to update that post to fix the broken characters. I just hope it doesn't act that way in the future when I paste-in text. Will report back after that with findings.
Screenshots

Link Ninja
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 6:36 PM Last edited by Charmful : 18th Mar 2018 at 7:12 PM.
Default Update on pasted in text
Hey there. I have an update: I posted another chapter to my story and it looks like something is still not quite right with MTS coding for pasted-in text. Em dashes which are like double hyphens which have shown up correctly before are now being replaced with an odd set of characters (see attached). The back-end looks fine with em dashes, it's just when it's published it shows wonky, so I manually updated all em dashes to '--' however I would prefer the seamless look I've been able to copy in up until the last week.

A friend of mine took a screenshot of what they were seeing in older chapters and it looks like it is still affecting quotes/apostrophes. She is on Windows 8.1/ Chrome 64.0.3282.186 64 bit

I'm just afraid these characters are distracting and will make for an unpleasant reading experience.
Screenshots