Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2016 at 8:04 PM
Default We need to start talking about The Sims 5
So TS4 has been around for roughly two years now... However, it is still boring and so freaking plain. Not trying to offend those who enjoy it , but it really is a bad game.

Both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 lasted 5 years. The Sims 1 lasted 4 years.
Being the sims 4 halfway done, should we start thinking about The Sims 5?

If they plan to release The Sims 5, they already have to be working or planning it.
The Sims 5 must be spectacular otherwise it's the end of the sims series. They need to listen to the community, modders, fans etc..

What do you expect from The Sims 5?
Should we start a TS5 "MUST HAVE/MUST BE" list?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 7th May 2016 at 8:20 PM
I'll give you a clue. It begins with O, and ends with D. And it's not an octopod.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th May 2016 at 8:27 PM
Naaahhh. As long as there are people who enjoy this game and who give money to it, it will still last. They probably haven't worked on TS5 if there will even BE a TS5. A thread like this has already been started multiple times. Apparently, their trying to open up communication again: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-content#latest

Part of me feels frustrated too, but there's nothing anybody but the team can do. It is what it is. I have expressed myself on the forums (I might even get banned today for saying what I FEEL in one of their discussions), revolted, signed a petition, talked to the devs on deaf ears, acted humorous, kind, etc. It's up to them to decide what to do with OUR money and their game. The only things some players can do are go back to playing the older games or just forget about the franchise. Whatever, it is what it is.

I don't think this thread will be a part of this section of the forum. It will either be relocated or deleted.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2016 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Warren Zevon
The Sims 4 has been a smashing success;

That's anything but the truth...
#6 Old 7th May 2016 at 9:37 PM
This is only an idea, and it's totally random, but I wish they would have anime or cartoons on the TV in Sims 5. But since that isn't necessary, I'd say open world, cars, better graphics, larger lots, and toddlers.

Also, can we get rid of the Goths? I'm sick of seeing them in every Sims game.

Quote: Originally posted by Warren Zevon
They're releasing expansions slower since they're giving us much more content per pack

Uh huh, sure.
Inventor
#7 Old 7th May 2016 at 9:48 PM
Quote:
a smashing success

Not true but ts4 has done well. Less well with hardcore fans but better with casual fans and those new to the fancise.

It has also been stated many times that ts4 started on a low mark but since has been picking up momentum with it really picking up due to Get Together. If this continues then I would expect them to continue working on ts4. Part of me does feel like they plan on making ts4 life last longer than past games since it seems it takes them longer to release content.

As for them opening the gates for communication, I am very pleased to hear that. People have been complaining about feeling like they're not being heard and a lack of information and communication from the gurus so this will help mitigate that and with theses weekly live streams I think it will a great way for players to ask question and hear from the gurus or at least Drake directly.

Check out my Simblr
Scholar
#8 Old 7th May 2016 at 10:18 PM
I don't care what a hypothetical Sims 5 contains, I'm more interested in how it will play.
Offline Vs. Online? Microtransactions Vs. full GPs/SPs? Sandbox Vs. Story Progression? Micromanager friendly Vs. indedpendant sims? Game Vs. Simulation? Loading screens Vs. open world? CASt Vs. tons of cc? Extensive ingame options Vs. the need for mods? Dependable Gameplay Vs. monthly "features"?
That sort of thing.

At the moment I'm still occupied with Sims 2 and also have a soft spot for my Sims 4, so my interest in a new Sims game is rather low. Except some offshot like Castaway or Medieval.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 7th May 2016 at 10:33 PM
I am dreaming about a mixture of Sims (4 or other number) and Skyrim (or similar game).
Being a true fan of the Elderscrolls games, I always missed that the hero could "do" something between all those fights, some normal things. And when playing the Sims I miss adventures, real adventures, not only collecting frogs or so.
I know that putting together both game genres will hardly ever happen... but to qoute Ozzy Osbourne: "I'm a dreamer..."
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th May 2016 at 11:52 PM
The same company would be making TS5.

TS3 barely passed (only saved by innovation).
TS4 isn't in the best of shape right now, the team having learned nothing from TS3. A smashing success my ass.

You want them to make TS5, and they're struggling to do anything with 4?

As far as content being released faster, that's completely untrue. TS3 damn near all DLC for its final year. The content output was MASSIVE, and was done monthly. EA went on about 5 years, and never, ever missed a month. The over content output, this year alone, has been minimal at best. It's only May - we got 2 stuff packs. More content where?

Comedy gold. All of this.
I am living.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#11 Old 8th May 2016 at 4:05 AM
why so EA can ruin another sims game?

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#12 Old 8th May 2016 at 8:17 AM
They got to #4 with SimCity before a huge hiatus at the end of which they handed out a contract to some other company which when it was finished was so unlike SimCity they had to give it a completely different name. It was another huge hiatus before we finally got SimCity5

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 8th May 2016 at 8:48 AM
The thing I find that saddest is I think at this point they have lost the interest of so many players that not that many people will care. Many of us are already moving away from the game and I suspect more will. I find that very sad as I have played since 1 came out. I think a lot of Simmers will no longer be Simming if/when they ever do 5. I actually would like it if they would scrap 4 and start over and do it right, but that will never happen.
Instructor
#14 Old 8th May 2016 at 9:05 AM
maybe if they bring open world back but not if it's anything like the sims 4. i've only played the sims 3 and that was great. but from what i can see from reviews and screenshots of the other games the sims 4 is the sims 2 reloaded!

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 8th May 2016 at 11:10 AM
I have a $1500 gaming PC and I STILL can't run Sims 3 properly. It's just so f*cking slow. I made a 6 sim family the other day and it took 4 hours just in CAS... WTF. And that's just because everything took forever to load in the outfit categories (no CC) and then picking everything down to their damn socks.. like come on. I don't give a sh*t if my sims are wearing socks if you can't even see them. I prefer Sims 4 just because it PLAYS better. It's a smoother game and I will pay $$$ for that any day. Do I want more content for Sims 4? Hell yes. So lately I haven't been playing any sims games, because they're all incomplete when you compare them to each other. (Seriously I DREADED changing my sims look in TS3 because it would take an hour in real time. I LOVE how you can edit all sims in TS4 at the same time and it takes like 5 minutes.)

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th May 2016 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XtraSim
the sims 4 is the sims 2 reloaded!

The Sims 2 is +10 years old and it's still better lol, much better.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th May 2016 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spotlight-shure
I have a $1500 gaming PC and I STILL can't run Sims 3 properly. It's just so f*cking slow. I made a 6 sim family the other day and it took 4 hours just in CAS... WTF. And that's just because everything took forever to load in the outfit categories (no CC) and then picking everything down to their damn socks.. like come on. I don't give a sh*t if my sims are wearing socks if you can't even see them. I prefer Sims 4 just because it PLAYS better. It's a smoother game and I will pay $$$ for that any day. Do I want more content for Sims 4? Hell yes. So lately I haven't been playing any sims games, because they're all incomplete when you compare them to each other. (Seriously I DREADED changing my sims look in TS3 because it would take an hour in real time. I LOVE how you can edit all sims in TS4 at the same time and it takes like 5 minutes.)

Thats an optimization problem. That doesnt mean that The Sims 3 isn't more innovative and advance than The Sims 4.
But i agree, CAS in TS4 is good, and it is and actual evolution from previous games, although it's lacking the colour wheel

A baked potato could run The Sims 4...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th May 2016 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
They got to #4 with SimCity before a huge hiatus at the end of which they handed out a contract to some other company which when it was finished was so unlike SimCity they had to give it a completely different name. It was another huge hiatus before we finally got SimCity5

SimCity Societies? Such an unpleasant experience...
If the Sims series follows the same path as SimCity it would shameful for EA, but we could hope for some other game publisher to release their one simulation game. I'd say Paradox Interactive or Rockstar Games... i trust them lol.
Instructor
#19 Old 8th May 2016 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimo815
The Sims 2 is +10 years old and it's still better lol, much better.

hahah i might need to get it than from THE FORBIDDEN place

Instructor
#20 Old 8th May 2016 at 11:54 AM Last edited by XtraSim : 8th May 2016 at 12:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shimo815
SimCity Societies? Such an unpleasant experience...
but we could hope for some other game publisher to release their one simulation game. I'd say Paradox Interactive or Rockstar Games... i trust them lol.

well cities skylines and it rocks so my bet is on Paradox

Inventor
#21 Old 8th May 2016 at 12:05 PM
Rockstar scares me if they try to make a sims game. I feel like they would go for true reality which is appealing to some but not for me. Also it just doesn't fit their style of gaming.

Paradox would be my bet of being able to pull off a sims game but my bet is low.

Check out my Simblr
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#22 Old 8th May 2016 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
Paradox would be my bet of being able to pull off a sims game but my bet is low.

I dunno. To satisfy me it would need to be someone with a history of being interested in human behaviour and psychology, similar to Will Wright's approach, just with far better graphics than we had in TS1, and possibly some attempt at look-ahead AI which *STILL* no game seems to want to touch although I am pretty sure it can be done to some extent. I am pretty sure if Paradox did it you would get more game and less human depth.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#23 Old 8th May 2016 at 4:45 PM
At this point I would rather see a sequel to Sims 2 Castaway than Sims 5. Sims 4 certainly isn't perfect, though I do like the faster loading time and a lot of what content there is. There's just so much missing from Sims 4 that I find myself frequently going back to play Sims 2 for the elements I miss the most. I like doing clubs and the abundance of gardening herbs/flowers/fruits/vegetables, along with the graphics in Sims 4. I personally think that building homes is a lot easier in Sims 4, especially with basements. There's just so little to do that it becomes repetitive for me. Sims 4 needs more than restaurants to make it better, imo. I don't want to even think about Sims 5 right now.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 8th May 2016 at 5:05 PM
Damn these threads are hilarious. Were we already asking for TS4 two years into TS3's development? XD

Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
Rockstar scares me if they try to make a sims game. I feel like they would go for true reality which is appealing to some but not for me. Also it just doesn't fit their style of gaming.

It doesn't really fit their style, but they came pretty damn close with GTA V and GTA Online. All they needed to do was give the player the option to buy houses (not just apartments) and start families, and it would have been a full fledged life simulator. A violent one but a life simulator nonetheless.

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 8th May 2016 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XtraSim
well cities skylines and it rocks so my bet is on Paradox

I was just going to mention this. Cities Skylines is INCREDIBLE compared to what any of the Simcity games ever were. It really gave me hope that another developer can revive the sims franchise once EA kills it completely.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Page 1 of 18