Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Tester Needed] AnyGameStarter v. 2.2.0-UC (Ultimate Collection) * UPD 25 Dec 2017

by Numenor Posted 25th Dec 2017 at 7:27 PM - Updated 27th Dec 2017 at 8:37 PM by Numenor

91 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 4
Mad Poster
#51 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 6:20 AM
For others on Windows 7, remember that Windows 7 is really, really stupid about trying to 'fix' things for you. Every third or fourth time I run an AGS, the operating system decides that the 'Documents' should point to just the AGS, instead of the entire 'My Documents'. At this point, nothing but the one AGS game that's now visible in 'Documents' will run, AGS can't find 'My Documents' to make new games, Sims 2 itself can't find the main game, SimPE can't find the game, HoodChecker hangs and crashes . . . (I haven't tried HoodReplace, Delphy's Download Organizer, LotAdjuster lately, but I'd assume they'd have the same problem finding where the heck the game went.)

It isn't every time, it's just enough of the time. I usually figure out it happened again when HoodChecker crashes, because I'm kind of obsessed with running it between every play session.

To fix this, open 'Documents', tell it to remove the location that's there, and then tell it to put in the whole 'My Documents' location.

This will also make it possible to run SimPE and HoodChecker again.

At least Windows 7 plays nicely with Sims 2 otherwise!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#52 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 8:26 PM
Thanks Numenor for having a look at more code. I'm glad to know it's not AGS. It's my set it, I got a confused network.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#53 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 8:26 AM
Thank you Numenor, ever since my disk drive died I've been wanting a UC compatible version. Now to really test things.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#54 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 11:58 PM
Seriously ... THANK YOU.
And welcome back.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 3:57 AM
For the most part I really do love this, but I keep getting "do you want this program to edit your registry" pop-ups multiple times both starting and throughout play... also, I can't install Sims, at all. Like, the installer works and the custom content for that game transfers, but the sim itself doesn't. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Alchemist
#56 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 3:41 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 31st Mar 2018 at 4:46 AM. Reason: bigger issue...
Default Some issues...
I am getting the constant registry popups also. It's annoying. I am not sure how often they occur while AGS runs, but I seem to always get two more popups after shutting down.

Otherwise, the program has been working for me so far...although I have just been asked to re-identify my documents folder path, so am about to restart and, fingers crossed, all will be well there.

Edit: So, restarting seemed to work fine. However, I can no longer open my normal game in either fullscreen or windowed version. I use shortcuts which bypass the launcher, both of which now lead to my AnyGame2 (windowed). What do I do about that?

I think I must have messed up the path thing. I then had two UC folders for each of the Anygames I had created. The second one held the lots I had tried to install, but those lots/cc were not available in-game - perhaps the game was referencing the first UC folder? I have uninstalled the AGS to get back my normal game, and will try afresh later.

Further Edit: Installing a lot (by drag-and-drop onto the Anygame icon) is causing the extra UC folder to appear. The new folder contains only the Downloads and Teleport subfolders with the lot contents. Moving the contents into the original UC folder does make the lot/cc appear in the Anygame, so there is a workaround. The extra folder has the TM superscript in the title, while the original folder does not.

Another issue is that my Empty Anygame is still created with one subhood. When first loading, it says 'creating exotic destinations', and there are .package and .png files for Suburb001 in the Neighbourhood folder. I am creating a subhood template using Mootlida's tutorial here, and need a truly empty base to work from. The empty hood worked well in an Anygame with just Base/Uni/MG, but with all EPs ticked, the suburb appears.

More Edit: I know I may be whistling into the wind, but the saga continues...
I beleive this is the same problem reported by someone else up-thread. The Anygame starts and plays fine the first time, but thereafter, claims not to be able to find its path. Pointing it manually at hicon.exe (as it requests) makes no difference. Restarting the computer makes no difference.
The attachments option won't let me upload a txt file (even though it says it will!), so here is a paste of the log:

Sat 31/03/2018 8:32:23.10 - Start
----------------------------------------------------------
AGSVERSION = ""2.2.0-UC (Ultimate Collection)""
INSTALLDIR = "D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\"
USERDOCS = "D:\Users\Ollerenshaw\Documents"
DISPLAYNAME = "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection"
SAVEGAME = "D:\Users\Ollerenshaw\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection"
GAMEEXEC = "D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun With Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe"
MINIGAME = D:\Users\Ollerenshaw\Documents\AnyGameStarter\AnyGame1\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
MINIDOCS = D:\\Users\\Ollerenshaw\\Documents\\AnyGameStarter\\AnyGame1
MAXISCONTENT =
PARAMS = [-w] [-r1280x720] [-noparam] []
ID files found on this system:
D:\Users\Ollerenshaw\Documents\AnyGameStarter\AnyGame1\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\AnyGame1.id
D:\Users\Ollerenshaw\Documents\EA Games\The SimsT 2 Ultimate Collection\FullGame.id
D:\Users\Ollerenshaw\Documents\India's Stuff\Sims Storage\TS3\Backups\Backup PermaGame1Base\EA Games\The Sims 2\BaseGame.id
D:\Users\Ollerenshaw\Documents\India's Stuff\Sims Storage\TS3\Backups\Backup PermaGame1Base\EA Games\The Sims 2\PermaGame.id
D:\Users\Ollerenshaw\Documents\India's Stuff\Sims Storage\TS3\Backups\Backup PermaGame3 Eden M&G\EA Games\The Sims 2\AnyGame1.id
D:\Users\Ollerenshaw\Documents\India's Stuff\Sims Storage\TS3\Backups\Backup PermaGame3 Eden M&G\EA Games\The Sims 2\PermaGame.id
D:\Users\Ollerenshaw\Documents\India's Stuff\Sims Storage\TS3\TS3 Basegame Copy\installer\INSTALLDATA.id
Content of the "Sims2_full.reg" file:
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES\The Sims 2]
"EPsInstalled"="Sims2EP1.exe,Sims2EP2.exe,Sims2EP3.exe,Sims2SP1.exe,Sims2SP2.exe,Sims2EP4.exe,Sims2EP5.exe,Sims2SP4.exe,Sims2SP5.exe,Sims2EP6.exe,Sims2SP6.exe,,Sims2EP7.exe,Sims2SP7.exe,Sims2SP8.exe,Sims2EP8.exe,Sims2EP9.exe,,,"
"DisplayName"="The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection\1.0]
"Language"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
"Personal"="D:\\Users\\Ollerenshaw\\Documents"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]
"Personal"="D:\\Users\\Ollerenshaw\\Documents"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
"Common Documents"="%PUBLIC%\\Documents"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]
"Common Documents"="C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents"

Content of the "REGFILE" file:
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES\The Sims 2]
"EPsInstalled"="Sims2EP1.exe,Sims2EP2.exe,Sims2EP3.exe,Sims2SP1.exe,Sims2SP2.exe,Sims2EP4.exe,Sims2EP5.exe,Sims2SP4.exe,Sims2SP5.exe,Sims2EP6.exe,Sims2SP6.exe,,Sims2EP7.exe,Sims2SP7.exe,Sims2SP8.exe,Sims2EP8.exe,Sims2EP9.exe"
"DisplayName"="The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection\1.0]
"Language"=dword:13

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
"Personal"="D:\\Users\\Ollerenshaw\\Documents\\AnyGameStarter\\AnyGame1"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]
"Personal"="D:\\Users\\Ollerenshaw\\Documents\\AnyGameStarter\\AnyGame1"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
"Common Documents"="D:\\Users\\Ollerenshaw\\Documents\\AnyGameStarter\\AnyGame1"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]
"Common Documents"="D:\\Users\\Ollerenshaw\\Documents\\AnyGameStarter\\AnyGame1"

Everything seems OK. Proceeding.
Current directory is:
D:\Users\Ollerenshaw\Documents\AnyGameStarter\AppFiles
Sat 31/03/2018 8:32:27.33 - Starting D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun With Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe -w -r1280x720 -noparam
Sat 31/03/2018 10:39:19.65 - Starting 60-seconds countdown to Documents restoration
Sat 31/03/2018 10:39:34.75 - Game ended
Sat 31/03/2018 10:39:34.76 - Restoring Documents (game end)
Sat 31/03/2018 10:39:36.58 - Documents restored.
Sat 31/03/2018 10:39:36.58 - Closing Log
Alchemist
#57 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 10:41 PM Last edited by aelflaed : 15th Apr 2018 at 3:15 AM.
Some further info...
I kept striking the missing file path error every now and then, but it seems to be fixed now - after clicking' Run as Administrator' in the AGS shortcut. It should have been running that way already, but perhaps it needed telling an extra time.
The AGS is still creating the extra Ultimate Collection subfolder when installing Sims2Packs. Annoying, but now that I know to look for it, easy enough to just move the contents to the 'real' folder. I wondered if I should rename the original folder to match, but no doubt that would mess up something much worse!

Update: I struck the missing file path problem again when I wanted to make a new AnyGame. I can't cancel out of the error, and although it says to identify the path carefully, and I try, I believe I am getting it wrong, because I don't know how to tell what the real path is supposed to be. Consequently, weirdness has happened, and I probably need to reinstall the AGS again to get back to the status quo.

Also, the AGS triggers the regedit message once for every time I open or close an AnyGame.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:10 AM
Can we put mods into the game starter? Vanilla ts2...
Test Subject
#59 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 3:42 PM
I'm not seeing "make game permanent" as an option. Is that still included in this version?
Test Subject
#60 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 10:36 AM
I can't make it to work I try to create an empty base game, but it opens the official game with ags screen configuration. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 8:28 AM
Please, add Russian!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:58 AM
help it keeps crashing on me
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 6:24 PM
I can not express enough how much of my time this program has saved. I love it! Big thanks!
Alchemist
#64 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 5:56 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 30th Dec 2018 at 9:16 AM.
I am finding the AGS more stable these days. For me, it is important to say 'yes' to the regedit message that pops up first, and 'no' to the one that pops up after closing the program. That seems to prevent any more such popups. SimPE and other tools are working with the AGS. Just have to remember about the extra game folder which keeps being created, and transfer things from there to the 'real' Teleport folder when needed.

However, trying to open my full game with AGS installed just breaks everything. Having spent the last month working on something in the AGS, I am now trying to figure out again how to get my full game back. I have uninstalled the AGS. The fullgame path looks okay, but none of the user files, neighbourhoods etc are being read...so I'm back to the research process. Don't want to restore through Origin, and I think I succeeded without that the last time. Here we go again...

EDIT - I think the key is that the game expects the game folder to be named "The Sims 2 TM Ultimate Collection". (TM = Trademark). I should be able to transfer my downloads, hoods etc into that folder and have things back to normal.

Hope this may be useful to someone else having difficulties.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 5:28 PM
@aelflaed - the first thing I notice in your log files is that the "DisplayName" has different values:

Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
DISPLAYNAME = "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection"
SAVEGAME = "D:\Users\Ollerenshaw\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection"
GAMEEXEC = "D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun With Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe"
Content of the "Sims2_full.reg" file:
"DisplayName"="The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection"
Content of the "REGFILE" file:
"DisplayName"="The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection"

All the occurrences have no "TM" character, except for the one in your "Sims2_full.reg", that reads: "The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection"; The "™" characters should be a normal translitteration of the TM mark, but I wonder why in your Sims2_full.reg file there is such a folder name, since you state that you never used the TM character in your folder names.

If you can confirm to me that your actual folder names do NOT contain any "TM" character, then please try the following:
- Locate the "Sims2_full.reg" in the folder "D:\Users\Ollerenshaw\Documents\AnyGameStarter\AppFiles"
- Right-click on it and select "Edit"
- Correct the line containing the DisplayName value, deleting all the extraneous characters, so that the value is simply "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection"
- Save the file and close Notepad
- Double-click on the Sims2_full.reg file and allow Windows to modify the Registry.

Let me know if things go better after this fix.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Alchemist
#66 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 11:28 PM Last edited by aelflaed : 12th Feb 2019 at 11:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
@aelflaed - the first thing I notice in your log files is that the "DisplayName" has different values.

Good to hear from you!
First, would you rather do this by PM or here in the thread? Happy either way.

That log file is nearly a year old - numerous installs of the AGS since then.
Right now, my full-game EA GAMES folder -does- include the TM symbol - I gave up trying not to have it, one of the recent times I had to repair the full game path. It annoys me, so I am happy to remove it again, but at the time, I hoped it might make things run more smoothly.

What would you like me to do about that? Do you want a more recent log file?

I am no longer getting popups while playing, and may have sidestepped the hidcon path issue. As long as I wait long enough after clicking the icon - around five minutes, often - I get the regedit window, can click 'no', then wait a couple more minutes for the AGS to actually load. Repeat with 'no' on the regedit window after shutting down. The timing is long enough that one loses faith that the program is actually starting, but I am getting used to waiting that extra time before trying again.

I will go find a log file, since you will probably want one...looks like the same info to me, except that I do have the TM right now.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  StartAnyGame1Log.txt (5.1 KB, 14 downloads)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 6:02 PM
@aelflaed - I see from the log file the 5-minute delay that you are talking about:
Quote:
Tue 12/02/2019 18:55:57.57 - Starting D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun With Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe -w -r1280x720 -noparam
Tue 12/02/2019 19:01:03.54 - Starting 60-seconds countdown to Documents restoration

I see that the 5-minute delay occurs after the Sims2EP9.exe is invoked and before the control is returned to the AGS; I really can't guess why this happens: usually the control is returned to the AGS almost instantly. Look at the following log in my AGS:
Quote:
14/02/2019 18:10:30,26 - Starting C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun With Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe -w -r1280x720 -noparam
14/02/2019 18:10:30,75 - Starting 60-seconds countdown to Documents restoration

It seems that the problem is caused by the Sims2EP9.exe itself, which puzzles me because you never mentioned long delays when starting the normal "full" game.
Can you confirm that the "full" game (with and/or without an AnyGame installed) starts quickly, without particular delays?

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Alchemist
#68 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 8:54 PM
Interesting. Your log is certainly different!

My full game takes about 25 miinutes to load, but I have plenty of CC, so I have not thought that unusual. I can't remember if there is a delay before the loading screen opens. Can't be as long as five minutes, because I generally click the icon, wait to see that it is starting, then go and do something else for a while. If I forget to delete the groups.cache, often it will not start at all, so if I haven't done that, I wait to make sure.

I've been noticing that the AGS has that long delay especially the first time it is loaded for the day (the computer is turned off overnight). If I am switching out (for instance to use the Lotadjuster), subsequent loads don't seem to have such a long wait. Would it help to grab a log from one of those loads?

I can try loading the full game, but it's not an easy process right now - have to back everything up, uninstall the AGS, find out how to fix the file path again...if I just click the full game shortcut, it will load the AGS anyway. And probably break it, from memory.

If we are looking for odd occurrences, my game always has a glitch at a particular point in the load screen. I'm just used to ignoring it. I believe it happens in the AGS load as well, but that goes by so fast that I barely notice.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 2:18 PM Last edited by Numenor : 15th Feb 2019 at 2:35 PM.
Just to be clear, in order to help you understanding what's normal and what's wrong in your AGS and your game, here is the normal progression of an AGS game:
1) Double-click on the custom "AnyGame1..." (previously created with the AGS installer)
2) The path to the Documents folder is modified to point to the Anygame folder ("D:\Users\Ollerenshaw\Documents\AnyGameStarter\AnyGame1")
3) The main exe (Sims2EP9.exe) starts
4) Immediately, while the main exe is still loading (even before the loading screen appears) the control is returned to the AGS, that starts a 60-seconds countdown
5) While the countdown proceeds, the main exe does its job: opens the loading screen, loads the game files and loads all the custom content (this may take very long, if you have a lot of downloads)
6) While the game is still loading, the countdown ends and the path to the documents folder is restored to the real documents ("D:\Users\Ollerenshaw\Documents")
7) When the main exe is shut down (because you've closed the game, or it crashed to desktop), the path to the documents folder is set once more to the real documents: it shouldn't be necessary, because the real path has already been restored, it's just a sort of "confirmation" for safety purpose.

Now, please note the following:
a) at point 3, when the main exe is started, what happens to the exe is out of the control of the AGS; during step 3, the AGS just holds, waiting for the main exe to return control to it. As said, the waiting time during step 3 is usually less than 1 second; if it takes longer (5 minutes, in your case) there's something wrong with the exe, not with the AGS, and therefore the problem should occur even when starting the full game.
b) At steps 2, 6 and 7, the path to the documents folder is modified in the Registry; if you have correctly set up the AGS to run as administrator, you should se no popups or warnings. If you see a popup and anwer "NO", this prevents the Registry to be modified as needed: in other words, the path to the Documents folder is not correctly changed and reverted to original. This may lead to problems when starting the full game or the AnyGame itself.
The only suggestion I can give is to manually force the AnyGames to run "as administrator"; in order to do so, right-click on the custom icon "AnyGame1" (or AnyGame2, or PermaGameXYZ...) and open the Properties. In the Properties window, select the Compatibility tab, then click "Change settings for all users", and check the option "Run this program as administrator". If everything was done right, you should see a blue/yellow shield on the lower-right corner of the AnyGame1 icon.

Alchemist
#70 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 7:57 PM Last edited by aelflaed : 15th Feb 2019 at 11:45 PM. Reason: futher info
i used to answer 'yes' to the registry popup, assuming this was needed, but in amongst all the issues, I found the AGS worked just as well without. I wondered whether changing the registry every time might be part of the problem.
I have just followed your steps to make AnyGame 1 run as admin - I have checked admin access at other times, but there has been no shield on the icon. There is still no shield, although the admin box is ticked and greyed out now.
I'll run it and see if I still get the popup...

Yes, hidcon.exe wants permission. Although the popup appeared instantly this time - usually there is a bit of lag there as well. Now waiting...

...The game loaded with far less lag, despite this being the first load for today. I made a couple of small changes in my hood, saved and quit. Was asked to confirm whether hidcon.exe worked properly, clicked 'yes'. Waited a while, no second registry popup this time. However, when I click to start the AGS again, the usual popup appears. 'Run as admin' is still ticked and greyed out in the Properties options.

I will restart the computer in case that makes a difference. Also attaching the new log in case it helps in some way.

ETA: restarting did make the shield appear on the AnyGame icon. Yay, progress! However, same popup (instant, at least) when clicking to start.

ETA again: I created AnyGame2, and that does not seem to have broken AnyGame 1. I'm still getting the opening registry popup on both Anygames, but not the closing popup.

Should I do anything about your initial suggestion to make the folder names match properly? Or are we on a different track at the moment?
Thanks for all your help and explanations. At least I am not stabbing about in the dark now.

ETA: I seem to be able to open my fullgame now with the AGS installed. Huzzah! I still have the popup before the AGS starts, but it looks like I needed clearer directions on getting it to 'run as administrator' properly, and that has alleviated at least some of the issues.

So far, my new AnyGame2 has not hijacked folders from other games, although there are some in the AnyGame1 from earlier. Not sure what to do about those, but that could also be affected by the admin change?
Attached files:
File Type: txt  StartAnyGame1Log.txt (5.1 KB, 7 downloads)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 10:18 PM
@aelflaed - Just to be sure: the popup we are talking about is when Windows asks permission to modify the Registry, right? If so, apart from answering "Yes" every time, you don't have to do anything else. I guess you can live with this popup nagging you every time you start and close an Anygame. I think it's related to the stricter user control you have set up on your computer, compared to the one I'm used to (I've actually set up the minimum level of security on my PC, so I rarely get warning messages).

My only concern is about the long delay that occurs when the main exe starts. I see from your latest log file that the delay is about 8 minutes, and this is not normal, but I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about it. Are there hardlinks in the Sims2 folder structure? Or maybe in the Windows system folders? Hardlinks usually work well with the Sims games (I use them a lot), but sometimes they got corrupted and must be restored.

Alchemist
#72 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
@aelflaed - Just to be sure: the popup we are talking about is when Windows asks permission to modify the Registry, right? If so, apart from answering "Yes" every time, you don't have to do anything else.(...)
(...) Are there hardlinks in the Sims2 folder structure? Or maybe in the Windows system folders? Hardlinks usually work well with the Sims games (I use them a lot), but sometimes they got corrupted and must be restored.

Since you walked me through the 'run as admin' thing, I only get the popup on opening, so only once per session. Yes, I can live with that, especially now I have more understanding about it. It was worrying when I did not know whether it was better to answer 'yes' or 'no' every time it happened.

Attaching a pic just to be certain we're on the same page.

I'm afraid I would not know a hardlink if I fell over it. How do I tell?

Is there any use in revisiting your original question about the naming of the folders with/without the TM symbol? Or is it irrelevant now?
Screenshots
Alchemist
#73 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 9:03 PM Last edited by aelflaed : 6th Mar 2019 at 8:08 PM.
Default New Problem
Numenor, I have a new problem...well it has happened before, but I thought we had fixed things. Suddenly my AnyGame2 cannot find the path to hidcon.exe. I browsed the path, but it still does not work, and says the path does not exist. AnyGame1 is still working so far.

UPDATE 07/03/2019
- sorry to keep bothering you, but I am still having issues with the AGS.

The new problem is that when I opened the hood I have been working on in AnyGame1, all the lots have disappeared. Even the hood deco is out of date from what it should be. I tried backups. The last of those should have been the exact latest version of the hood, saved when I last used it. Nothing. The second-last backup gave me about three lots (out of 29), all in very outdated versions.

The lot files are all there in the folders, they just don't appear in-game. Hoodchecker reports "Lot does not exist" for all of them, but no other errors.

I can rebuild the hood, so it isn't a tragedy. I have many copies of the lots in different stages. However, this issue has happened a few times in the past as well, with other hoods, so it isn't an isolated incident, and seems to be something to do with the AGS.

I suspect the glitch, whatever it is, happened because I played my full game one day. The other thing I can think of is that I copied the folder into my Uni Templates (where an earlier version was already in use). A third possibility is that, having lost Anygame 2 (see earlier post), I have been testing the subhood in AnyGame1. This had not seemed to cause any issues, swapping back and forth between the testing hood/subhood and the construction version in the same Anygame. But maybe that was it.

I tried regenerating the neighborhood manager package. I was thinking of removing the testing hood, but have been pushing to finish the testing first, in case something else goes wrong when I change that. Unless you have some suggestions, I think I am down to that, or to starting the map over again.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  StartAnyGame2Log_HidconSearch.txt (4.9 KB, 10 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 7:50 PM
This is awesome <3
Test Subject
#75 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 3:26 PM
Weird. After testing AGS I uninstalled it and tried to run my 'full' game from my original shortcut. The game insists to create a new folder in my documents everytime I try to run it. Any ideas?
Page 3 of 4