Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Tester Needed] AnyGameStarter v. 2.2.0-UC (Ultimate Collection) * UPD 25 Dec 2017

by Numenor Posted 25th Dec 2017 at 7:27 PM - Updated 27th Dec 2017 at 8:37 PM by Numenor

91 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 4
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Did the normal AGS get an update too? I'd love to not have to edit the registry files every time I run it. I thought you were gone forever and had mostly resigned myself.
AGS installs like this: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\1.0]
But to make it work, I need to add "Wow6432Node\" to every single line, in both the AGS reg and the Full reg, as such:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\1.0]

You are right. I've been selfish: since I switched to a 64bit operating system, I created a personal x64 version of the AGS and I didn't uploaded it to MTS.
Let me check the code and I will soon upload an updated AGS that should work in both 32bit and 64bit environments.
By the way, I realized too late that the current AGS, while it's advertised as 32/64bit, actually is only partially compatible with x64 Windows versions, because back then I didn't realize the importance of the 'Wow6432Node' registry entry.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 1:30 AM
It works for me thanks so much
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#28 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
I created a personal x64 version of the AGS and I didn't uploaded it to MTS. Let me check the code and I will soon upload an updated AGS that should work in both 32bit and 64bit environments.
Ohmygawd, I love you!!!! Thank you!
Mad Poster
#29 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 4:31 PM
*squeeeee* :lovestruc Looking forward to the 64bit version - THAT will be abso-floggin'-lutely perfect!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 9:42 PM
@Phaenoh - Look at the other thread...

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 12:52 PM
You're back!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 2:52 AM
Amazing!! Thank you so much!!! <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 2:51 PM
What a delightful surprise to come across this, THANK YOU!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#34 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 12:24 AM
You're totally not selfish Numenor.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#35 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 8:17 AM
All happiness and love to you Numenor!
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 9:24 AM
Ooh! Finally, thank you so much! I finally figured out how to install AGS with Windows 10 64-bit, but now I wish I'd waited!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#37 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 3:00 PM
I was hoping so much that this would be possible! BEST GIFT EVER! I can finally play my themed games with the packs I want! I don't mind about M&G being included, I love the extra plants too much and understand the limitation. It's a bit more limited than the original, but honestly I am SO grateful you made this, thank you! :lovestruc
Instructor
THANKS POST
#38 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 3:40 PM
Thank you, I'm happy to see you back !
Instructor
THANKS POST
#39 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 6:02 PM
Thank you Numenor for returning to the community to address this issue for those of us with UC. I wish you a great new year! :)
Instructor
#40 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Did the normal AGS get an update too? I'd love to not have to edit the registry files every time I run it. I thought you were gone forever and had mostly resigned myself.
AGS installs like this: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\1.0]
But to make it work, I need to add "Wow6432Node\" to every single line, in both the AGS reg and the Full reg, as such:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\1.0]

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
You are right. I've been selfish: since I switched to a 64bit operating system, I created a personal x64 version of the AGS and I didn't uploaded it to MTS.
Let me check the code and I will soon upload an updated AGS that should work in both 32bit and 64bit environments.
By the way, I realized too late that the current AGS, while it's advertised as 32/64bit, actually is only partially compatible with x64 Windows versions, because back then I didn't realize the importance of the 'Wow6432Node' registry entry.

Could you update the normal AGS to a french version too. Because it will do strange things in my directory ... As I have lost my old computer, I'm not courageous enough to load it with my new one and I really miss it.
French entry is "Les Sims 2" instead of "The Sims 2".
I don't know if you need the french translation of EPs too.

Even though it was not possible to do, thanks for all of your creations, I really appreciate those.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 10:32 AM
@ankoyume - The AGS for the Ultimate Collection is a simplified version of the standard AGS; one of the simplifications is using the name "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" for any language. I actually didn't think of the non-English languages.
Can you please explain what "strange things" are you experiencing? Or better, you could compress in a Zip/Rar archive the entire folder (Documents)\AnyGameStarter\AppFiles and attach it to your message, so I can take a look.

EDIT Wait, are you talking about the standard AGS or the AGS-UC for the Ultimate Collection? If you have problems with the standard AGS, then please write a post in the proper thread and attach the zipped AppFiles folder there, thank you.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 7:09 AM
Thanks! Your the best!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 12:49 AM Last edited by BkajnlConcepts : 10th Jan 2018 at 12:59 AM.
Just installed AGS to test a mod I'm making and it will crash upon loading a household...

EDIT: Fixed it! I loaded an EP and the game loaded.
Test Subject
#44 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 12:07 PM
Default Shortcut Problems
I have some feedback for AGS. The first time I install Anygame and make a game, I can start the game with the shortcut on my desktop. But the next time I want to start the game again the shortcut cannot find where I is pinting at and the game won't start. If you make an other game the shortcuts also don't work anymore.
I can start the original game without any problems do.
Can someone help me solve this problem please.
Forum Resident
#45 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 2:24 AM
I have a similar problem. The programme works beautifully the first time. I copied over some files from my standard UC game. But trying to open the new anygame a second time, results in having to run original zip to get back the icons, then having to tell the programme to find the correct directory, then restarting windows over again. I'm forced to remove the programme from the computer and start all over again. Is there a permanent opton like in the original AGS?
Theorist
THANKS POST
#46 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 6:19 AM
A very pleasant surprise to have you logged back in on MTS, Numenor!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 8:59 AM
@Diovanlestat - Does the AGS asks for the correct Document directory even after restarting Windows?
If the problem persists, can you please attach your log file? It' a file named "StartAnyGame1Log.txt", located in (Documents)\AnyGameStarter\AppFiles .

Forum Resident
#48 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 6:32 AM
@Numenor - I have a win.8 laptop networked to a win.10 desktop (if that makes a difference). Tried all combinations, after restarting and after shutting down. Programme won't read the new AGS1 directory. You agree the registry to get round Origin and it just loads up the normal game. It also regenerates the file. It managed to create 2 new UC files, one on the original one and one on the AGS1. Not sure how to upload log file on MTS but will give it a try. Thanks a lot.

Found out how - Log file sent.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  StartAnyGame1Log.rar (1,020 Bytes, 10 downloads)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 11:27 PM
@Diovanlestat - I really don't know what's happening. The log file tells me that everything is perfectly fine, except that the game starts and then immediately stops after few seconds. I have no idea why the game stops so early. You have the correct folders in your computer, and the registry is correctly managed by the AGS.
Have you copied anything in the Downloads folder of the AnyGameStarter1 game?
I see from the log that you created a "mini-game" containing all the EP and SP; have you tried creating a game with only Mansion & Garden?

P.S. Are you running the game and the AGS with an administrator account?

Instructor
#50 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 7:35 PM
This doesn't bother me and if it's only happening for me I don't care, but I have what is supposed to only be the base game and M&G but the Holiday Stuff is also included (Make the holiday cookies, throw a New Year Party). I'm playing with the language set as German so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.

EDIT to say that I really appreciate this being available to the UC. My desktop broke so I'm playing on a laptop so being able to only install the basegame plus M&G makes the game run much smoother.
Page 2 of 4