Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No (or fewer) automatic memories (with custom tool to make your own mod) Edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM - Updated 19th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

622 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 370 Feedback Posts, 251 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 25
Inventor
Original Poster
#126 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 5:44 PM
@DanBrunetu': Just to make sure: You have unzipped the package before putting it in the Mods folder, right? As for the memory notification: It's completely up to you. If you like getting notified, you can keep the notification up. If it gets annoying, switch it off. It doesn't affect which memories are stored. It only configures whether or not you get the notification pop-ups.
Test Subject
#127 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 7:07 PM Last edited by DanBrunetu' : 5th Jul 2011 at 8:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@DanBrunetu': Just to make sure: You have unzipped the package before putting it in the Mods folder, right? As for the memory notification: It's completely up to you. If you like getting notified, you can keep the notification up. If it gets annoying, switch it off. It doesn't affect which memories are stored. It only configures whether or not you get the notification pop-ups.

OKAY,that's all I wanted to know. Thanks for the mod,it works fine and it keeps the savegames size small,that's good! It was useless to run Generations without this mod! GOOD LUCK with your future mods
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#128 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 2:38 AM
Awesome Mod, it's truly a must have! It really makes sims 3 load and save WAY faster and the save files WAY smaller. No-one needs memories for nothing It's diference is more visible with starting a new game because there are 0 memories from the past.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#129 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 9:10 AM
I'm playing with your mod for a while now. It works perfectly fine and saved me a lot of pain. I like this new memory-system, but some memories were just so stupid. Thanks to your tool I was able to decide which things I would like my sims to remember.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#130 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 10:08 AM
Just what I needed for my game thankyou :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#131 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 12:01 PM
I cannot thank you enough for this! I was about to uninstall Generations over the annoying constant memories, but there are so many other things I love about the expansion. Thank you! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 11:28 AM
I'm confused. In downloading the ready-made packages, do I still need the tool or just the package file?

If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will END you.
Inventor
Original Poster
#133 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 2:35 PM
@keepmesafe10120: If you're using one of the two ready-made packages, you don't need the tool. (Only use one at a time!)
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 2:31 PM Last edited by keepmesafe10120 : 19th Jul 2011 at 2:37 PM. Reason: I read the description
@keepmesafe10120: If you're using one of the two ready-made packages, you don't need the tool. (Only use one at a time!)

I just read the description over. Got ya. Thank you SO much for making this. :lovestruc

Lab Assistant
#135 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 5:24 PM Last edited by keepmesafe10120 : 20th Jul 2011 at 6:06 PM.
One last thing, do I need the source code for the ready-made package? If so, where do the files/folders go for this file? AND just so I'm sure, does the ready-made package go in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods or in the My Documents area? I'm such a noob, sorry.

Test Subject
#136 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 9:09 PM
I have a question, mabey it is a little stupid. But i'm not the best person to download, so i was wondering, where I shoud save the file. There must be something i missed in your instructions, i just could'ent understand or find them. I would be thankfull if you answered, since this memorey-thing also is irritateing me
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#137 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 3:38 PM
Thankssssssss
Inventor
Original Poster
#138 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 8:08 PM
@keepmesafe10120: The source code is only for programmers. It's not needed for the ready-made packages or the tool. The ready made packages go into the Mods folder in the My Documents area. (With the new way you should no longer have a Mods folder in Program Files at all). There's more info on package installation in the link in the install instructions tab.

@lillez: Which file do you want to use? If you want to use one of the ready made packages, they need to be put in the Mods folder. If you don't have one, please follow the guide linked in the install instructions to create a Mods folder. If you want to create your own mod with the tool, you can save and unpack the zip of the tool anywhere in your system and then run it. The file that you can save with the tool should then be put into the Mods folder (again, instructions are linked in the install instructions tab). I hope this helps.
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 5:03 PM
@keepmesafe10120: The source code is only for programmers. It's not needed for the ready-made packages or the tool. The ready made packages go into the Mods folder in the My Documents area. (With the new way you should no longer have a Mods folder in Program Files at all). There's more info on package installation in the link in the install instructions tab.

The tab didn't really explain much. Would it still work if it were in Program Files or does it have to be in My Documents?

Inventor
Original Poster
#140 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 6:51 PM
@keepmesafe10120: Did you follow the link to the wiki? There are several pages worth of explanation there. If you have a mods folder in your Program Files you can try to put the package file there, however I honestly don't know if that still works with newer patches. For specific instructions on how to move your mods from the old way to the new way check this page in the wiki.
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 3:23 AM
@keepmesafe10120: Did you follow the link to the wiki? There are several pages worth of explanation there. If you have a mods folder in your Program Files you can try to put the package file there, however I honestly don't know if that still works with newer patches. For specific instructions on how to move your mods from the old way to the new way check this page in the wiki.

Done. I got the mod in my game now, works great. Thank you SO much for this.

Inventor
Original Poster
#142 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 11:43 AM
@keepmesafe10120: I'm glad it works
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#143 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 7:37 PM
Thanks for the quick update with this mod also, I play with your ready made mod, No Memories, so thanks for keeping my save file small and playable!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#144 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 7:16 AM
this is awesome sauce.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 6:19 PM
I tried making the custom memory mod, but everytime I unzip it and try to make it run, it tells me has run into a problem and it needs to close.

Can you help me fix it?
Inventor
Original Poster
#146 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 8:35 PM
@AmandaNervais2: Is there an error message of some kind that you could post?
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 4:33 AM
Love this mod, but I'm still getting error code 12. Should I start a whole new town so Sims won't have so many memories?

Inventor
Original Poster
#148 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 6:37 PM
@keepmesafe10120: I think Twallan's latest DebugEnabler or Master Controller has the ability to delete existing memories (to slim down your save file if that is the cause of error 12).
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 8:07 AM
@keepmesafe10120: I think Twallan's latest DebugEnabler or Master Controller has the ability to delete existing memories (to slim down your save file if that is the cause of error 12).

Yeah that's the reason I have that error. Thanks, I'll try this out. And thanks for this mod, it's such a big help.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#150 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 12:39 AM
Oh my word, thank you! I have been waiting for this since I first saw the memories.

Beautifully executed. (:
Page 6 of 25