Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 1:21 PM
Default Sims 4 CC to Sims 3 CC
Hello.
I apologize if there is a similar thread in the forum or if this is not the right place to post this, but I thought this is the most appropriate place for my question.
And what essentially I am asking is if it is possible to convert custom content made for Sims 4 to Sims 3? I was browsing through the Internet and all I could find was only about Sims 3 to Sims 4 conversion so I decided to ask you guys if you have any idea if this is possible and if the answer is yes, how exactly does it happen?
I would really appreciate all you answers.
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 1:37 PM
You should be able to convert a TS4 mesh to TS3 format with CAS Tools, tweak the shape and match the neck, waist, and ankle seams to TS3 standard (the TS3 to TS4 process in reverse), and make the morphs with TS3 Mesh Toolkit or Morphmaker.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th May 2017 at 3:30 AM
I apologize if this is necroposting that goes against the rules, but I could not find a more recent thread to post in, and rather than start my own and ask the same question from scratch, I thought it a better jumping point to go from CMar's answer.

I understand the necessity of matching seams at the neck and tweaking meshes. But a more important question to me is what would one do about the bones? Are TS4 and TS3 skeletons similar enough that no editing needs to be done on that point? Do they even correlate?

Also, I apologize if this is a complete noob question, but what tools would I use exactly? I know about the existence of S4S and the newer versions of TSRW for extraction. But once extracted, how would I get those files into Milkshape? Is there a plugin like the ones WesHowe made for TS3 GEOM meshes?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 29th May 2017 at 12:52 PM
As said above, CAS Tools will convert directly from TS4 meshes to TS3 meshes. The bones are very similar but not identical, but you can use Meshing Toolkit to auto-assign the bones for TS3.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th May 2023 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
As said above, CAS Tools will convert directly from TS4 meshes to TS3 meshes. The bones are very similar but not identical, but you can use Meshing Toolkit to auto-assign the bones for TS3.

1. What specific CAS/Meshing Tools do you use for this? I mean, what are they called?
2. Is there like a step-by-step process (or tutorial) to do this?

Thanks.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#6 Old 30th May 2023 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lon7617
1. What specific CAS/Meshing Tools do you use for this? I mean, what are they called?
2. Is there like a step-by-step process (or tutorial) to do this?

Thanks.

Try these
https://murfeelee.tumblr.com/post/1...-ts3-extracting
https://mimisapje.tumblr.com/post/1...hing-ts4-to-ts3