Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 3:53 AM
Default Adding Chance Cards
I hope this is the right place to ask this; if not, please point me to the forum where I should have asked.

EA did a very poor job on the later expansion careers, and many of them don't have chance cards for all levels. Instead the text reads (for one example): "art level 5 chance card - not used - bug if you see this in game without using cheat object." If I make a chance card for the missing levels, using Bidou's career editor, will they show up, or are they coded in some way to prevent them from appearing? I can't tell, and I haven't been able to find an answer in any of the tutorials or when searching. Also, is there a way to add more than one chance card per level?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 1:10 PM
AFAIK if you clone the complete career (keeping the same GUID) and add/update the chance cards and then load the cloned career as a mod it will override the standard one and the chance cards will show up (I did something similar to change the hours for the Education career from starting at 8am to 9am so "teacher mom" could drive her kids to school with her)

If you're just trying to replace the STR#/BCON entries for the chance cards, that would depend on if they're semi-global or private entries. Easiest way to find out would be to change one and then use the scenario tester debug object to find out if the text had changed.

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 3:48 PM
I'll try that. Thanks!
Scholar
#4 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 3:30 PM
All Careers use the (private) Constant table 0x00001057 to determine if a chance card is used for that level. The constant table is almost always named 'Tuning - Chance Card Levels', a value of 1 means use a chance card for that level, a value of zero means don't.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 4:00 AM
Thank you! That solves it. Chris, you're the best!