Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 7:28 PM
Help with Glasses haveing a dark Line on the Lense
As it says in the title I've been having issues with a pair of glasses I made from a base game set, where the lenses of the glasses have a dark line on the bottom:

I'm not too sure whats causing this issue since all I did was edit the frame and not the lenses at all. Nothing on the diffuse texture is causing this, might it be in the spec? Im not sure, some help on this would be most welcome! thank you!
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 6:14 AM
Is there a shadow texture that could be causing it?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Is there a shadow texture that could be causing it?

Thers no shadow texture that i know of, i could upload the file if that helps
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 8:40 PM
Yes, it would help if I can take a look at the package.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 6:34 AM
Yes, it would help if I can take a look at the package.

Here is the file!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Glasses.zip (70.5 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 8:44 AM
Isnt' that just what you get at the bottom of thick glasses? The glass itself makes a shadow on itself.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 3:54 PM
Makes sense, Inge, but there's a frameless EA glasses that don't have the dark bottom of the lenses so that's not it.

What I found makes NO sense, but what else is new. I fixed it by editing the diffuse and making the black area just underneath the lenses transparent. My guess is that the game blurs the texture so that the black was showing up on the lenses. So try leaving a bigger transparent border in the texture.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 8:49 AM
Makes sense, Inge, but there's a frameless EA glasses that don't have the dark bottom of the lenses so that's not it.

What I found makes NO sense, but what else is new. I fixed it by editing the diffuse and making the black area just underneath the lenses transparent. My guess is that the game blurs the texture so that the black was showing up on the lenses. So try leaving a bigger transparent border in the texture.

Ah thank you so much! It worked!