Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 10:17 PM
Default Is Sims File Share down, or is it just me?
Lately, when I try to download something from Sims File Share it acts like it's trying to download--the little refresh icon spins--but nothing happens. I tried using a proxy, a different browser, cleared my cache and browsing history, cleared my DNS cache, refreshed a billion times...nothing. I tried using another computer too, thinking it was my pc. Still nothing. So, now I'm wondering if it's on Sims File Share's end. Anyone know anything about this? I've messaged Sims File Share but that resulted in nothing, too.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 12:08 AM
YES! Same. It's been doing that. But it's working okay for me now.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 12:55 AM
I've been having trouble with some downloads, not all.
What I've noticed is that links that look like this: https://cdn.simfileshare.net/download/984049/?dl won't download for me. But if I CUT and paste everything from simfileshare.net and on, it will. I don't know if some of the downloads are supposed to automatically download and something is stopping them or what. (And I say that because the downloads do automatically download after I do this.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
I've been having trouble with some downloads, not all.
What I've noticed is that links that look like this: https://cdn.simfileshare.net/download/984049/?dl won't download for me. But if I CUT and paste everything from simfileshare.net and on, it will. I don't know if some of the downloads are supposed to automatically download and something is stopping them or what. (And I say that because the downloads do automatically download after I do this.)

Could you explain what you did to make the downloads work?

Edit: I just tried removing the cdn. portion of the URL and got the files I wanted to download. Weird. :p

Edit again: Doesn't work on all the URLs, so if you explain what you did that would be much appreciated.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 9:37 AM
Remove the cdn or hit the back key to go back to the download and click the link again, both methods are working for me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~