Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#101 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
Maybe YibSims literally means "best\favorite people". :D

Well done That's why it was such a bad and divisive idea. Being an Influencer (now called Game Changer) was better as it describes their role rather than their comparative value.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerSinceTS1
In due time, we'll see just how much TS4 will have been created for us, because of us.

dodgy builder
#103 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 7:49 AM
Mad Poster
#104 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 1:41 PM
I wonder how similar EA's Game Changer system is to the YibSim program?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#105 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 1:54 PM
Don't forget "Influencers" came between the two. They're all identical I think.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#106 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 5:33 PM
I don't understand the Game Changer term. Because they don't really get to change the game before release. They get to play test (maybe sometimes) what Maxis plans to do, however, some have told me they have no input of how to change things. That would imply to me they are only game promoters after the fact. They give an opinion after release, so doesn't that just make them game promoters? It's too late once a game is set to be released and an embargo lifted. They should change it again to Game Promoter.
Instructor
#107 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 5:41 PM
I'm more annoyed that since Sims 4, simlish has gotten stupidly lazy.

Yibs and Badeesh get fucking SPAMMED by their audio files. Yibs is supposed to be "yes" and Badeesh is "thanks," but the Sims team overuses those two terms so heavily it makes the game's conversations really awkward. I know for example sometimes Sims are standing and posing by themselves and they'll say "thanks" even though it makes no sense for the context, and there's loads of little convo situations where those two appear when they wouldn't make sense. (aka Sim greets another Sim by saying "yes thanks" or the like)

I know that's a nitpick most care about, but there's something kind of amazing about how Simlish remained indecipherable for Sims 1-3 and then suddenly by Sims 4 they're like "WHAT IF WE SPAM THESE TWO WORDS FUCKING EVERYWHERE EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE THE EASIEST TO INTERPRET?"
Field Researcher
#108 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 6:31 PM
That’s a good point actually, the original sim lish was pleaaant to listen to and once you played it often enough you could understand certain phrases. Sims 4 simlish is extremely repetitive. But hey so is the animations!
Top Secret Researcher
#109 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 2:42 PM
I hear "Game Changers" and I think (just because of the name) of a recent season of Survivor (where half the cast were legit people who had indeed "changed the game" in some way or another, and the other half were a random selection of returnees). It was not a very good season, either.
Page 5 of 5