Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 10:23 PM
Is it possible to tag/rename several objects at once?
I hope this is the right forum to ask this. In TS4Studio, there's a tab called 'Warehouse' where you can edit the data for an object - most importantly for me, its name and tags. Since I'm creating a fully inheritable hair colour, I need to edit these fields for every single hairstyle, facial hair and eyebrow style ever released by EA, which is extremely tedious. I've played about with TS4S but I couldn't find any batch fixes that did what I need, so I thought of writing a script to parse a batch of .package files and automatically rename and tag them... but I have no idea how to uncompress them (and compress them back) without a graphical package editor. Does anyone know a good resource for this? Is it possible to do in TS4S and I just haven't found the option? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CosmicTangerine
I hope this is the right forum to ask this. In TS4Studio, there's a tab called 'Warehouse' where you can edit the data for an object - most importantly for me, its name and tags. Since I'm creating a fully inheritable hair colour, I need to edit these fields for every single hairstyle, facial hair and eyebrow style ever released by EA, which is extremely tedious. I've played about with TS4S but I couldn't find any batch fixes that did what I need, so I thought of writing a script to parse a batch of .package files and automatically rename and tag them... but I have no idea how to uncompress them (and compress them back) without a graphical package editor. Does anyone know a good resource for this? Is it possible to do in TS4S and I just haven't found the option? Thanks in advance.

Hi @CosmicTangerine

I'm sorry you haven't gotten a response to this question as of yet!

Most likely, it's because there is not an easy fix, and we don't have the answers. The coding for making CAS features inheritable is not something I'm familiar with (coding is my weak spot I'm afraid). I would recommend asking the S4S team if they have any plans on adding that to their program, or simply strongly suggesting it.
They have a python tutorial for how to affect the game with scripts, but I'm not sure if it would help you at all. The link, just in case it causes you to brainstorm is here: http://sims4studio.com/thread/15145...ython-scripting

I'd like to say it's more probable that it's the coding in The Sims 4 more than the coding in S4S that causes this problem, but I'm not 100% sure about that, even though it feels right. I say this because right now, without the texture files being in the game, it can't produce the colours you want, so yes every new colour for everything you want inheritable has to be added individually. The creators of S4S are constantly evolving the program, though, so you never know what the future might hold!

One S4S member got around just the hair issue by recolouring the game's hair for children to include the cc colours they wanted. That's a huge task on its own as well. Here is the link to that for reference purposes: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...w-genetic?new=1

In the discussion on S4S by the creator who made those child cc hair recolours for this purpose, is also this comment by Glimmer50:

"I asked Deaderpool about this and he said genetics are pretty locked up by EA so his mod doesn't really mess with genetics. The only mod I know of that does anything with it is Shimrods and nothing with hair.

Here is what he said on the subject: "Genetics are pretty locked-up by code that modders can't get to. I am not sure how EA determines hair color, especially when it comes to custom hair. I have functionality in MC Dresser that you can blacklist hair you don't like and whitelist hair that you do and the whitelist hair is used when blacklist hair is found when dresser cleaning is run. From most of what I've seen, kids hair color is the same as the teen hair color will be. I think just the style will change."

This was back in 2015, but since there's been no resolution on S4S posted that I could find, it may still hold true that such things might not be possible, as I couldn't find anything else on the web that appeared to be of help, either. If you figure it out, you will have a lot of happy creators at your door singing your praises! :lovestruc

The only way I know of to make this any easier is something you're most likely already very familiar with, and that's starting out with one swatch in Studio, going into Warehouse and changing what needs changing to that one swatch, and then any new swatches added in Studio will have those same settings. You still have to import each and every texture, though, and change colour tags if you are wanting those correct for each swatch. Sometimes I will simply uncheck all the colour tags in Studio on one swatch and make it affect all swatches for speed.

Believe me when I say I know the magnitude of what you're trying to accomplish, because when I made the default eyebrows for TS4, I had to make each and every colour for each and every style, and with you having to affect the colours of not only the hair but facial hair and eyebrows? That is a daunting task! EA didn't make it easy for us in this regard

Best of luck, though! I wholeheartedly wish you all kinds of success :lovestruc

Simmiller