Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
OMG! Please don't apologize. I'm the one who should be apologizing for standing back from this project for a long while (and Emerald Heights). So sorry about that! (Life just gets in the way... ) And thank you!

You don't have to. It's OK.
I know you've been terribly busy because of university.. so, yeah, I hope you're fine!

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 5:24 PM Last edited by franfeliano : 21st Feb 2018 at 12:08 PM.
Default Aileen landing family
I have a family that is searching home in Aileen landing!
The surname is Ivers.

Post edit: i have the question if the npc of Aileen Landing Will be aliens?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Aileen landing Family 1.zip (1.38 MB, 37 downloads) - View custom content
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by franfeliano
i have the question if the npc of Aileen Landing Will be aliens?

Sure!

Meet Auriga Lynx, one of the pre-made NPCs of Aileen Landing!
Screenshots

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Scholar
#29 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 8:32 PM
any update on aileen landing?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 8:49 PM
@Emerald1234

Yes, I've fixed the bugs which some reported in V3.
The next version will most likely be uploaded this weekend, so stay tuned!

Yet, I've introduced even more new sims into the neighborhood!

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#31 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 12:53 PM
I tried to download the updated cc version but it says the files have been deleted.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 1:25 PM
@smorbie1

It's still here

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#33 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 3:25 PM
Don't want any MORE skin colors (I have so many!), but don't know if it's possible to just change skins on a Sim...I will do my own research.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 9:38 PM
@grammapat

The no CC version is still in the works.. so it's not available yet, but it will! I promise!
I don't force anyone to use those skin colors. Nor do I force anyone to use the sky mod which comes with the neighborhood.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#35 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 10:08 PM
"force"? of course not. But when you have it done (soo awesome!) I may get the CC one anyway, just depends on what it all is. Oh, wait, does that mean the CC version IS available...silly me, I will go look!

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 2:20 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 26th Mar 2018 at 9:35 PM.
@grammapat I'll upload the updated.. even more recent test version just in a minute.

So you can download the newer one if you want. The no CC version however needs some more work.

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 1:38 PM
Okay, I'm back with a newer test version (Beta V4). Still not quite finished yet, though, so expect oddities!
Neighborhood
Neighborhood CC (Required!)

Screenshots

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#38 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 6:10 PM
Cool! I've played all the Hood Builders hoods, always change some things up - like furniture. But it's the back-story that makes it fun. I know, we can do whatever we want with those little Pixels, but I like to follow their personalities and stories. I DO often change some stuff that the game randomizes to "fit" (I think, LTW?)

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 9:34 PM
And I like to read about how others play the sims! Have fun!

That's why I love "What did you do with the ... characters?" threads.

My Simblr
Forum Resident
#40 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 11:43 AM
Are those alien skintones geneticized or can you make them that way? It's a bit boring when everything is dominant and once the two settlements meet, there should be a chance for mixed couples to have human-looking children.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 4:56 PM
Would you find it helpful (as in, something you want to change) if I pointed out memory conflicts? How about grammar ? Want to help, but not irritate.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 6:40 PM
LOL! You don't irritate me. That would be very helpful if you did so. Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Are those alien skintones geneticized or can you make them that way? It's a bit boring when everything is dominant and once the two settlements meet, there should be a chance for mixed couples to have human-looking children.

The problem with geneticizing skintones is that the alien skintone can then suddenly appear, even though none of the parents are aliens. That's why I didn't do that. But I took care of that issue with skintones being super-dominant. Only a few aliens in Aileen Landing have a homozygous set (both dominant and recessive DNA for the same skintone) for alien skintones. So, almost everyone has a second recessive skintone DNA, meaning, if humans woohoo with them, there's a chance that they'll have a human baby.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#43 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 10:20 PM Last edited by grammapat : 27th Mar 2018 at 10:40 PM. Reason: typos
Good to know about the alien skins. I have so many, only SOME are part of my six PT default sets (& each of THEM has multiple PTs). I went to great trouble to fix the genetics so (for example) a pink skin & a blue skin would produce a purple skin. But (just like the 4 Maxis skins) if I bred a "colorful" alien skin (which all are higher values than Maxis) with some skins that are lower than Maxis, I could get anything in between. And it is just bizarre to get "human" skins - but that's the way it worked.
But then some of my PTs never seemed to work (no abduction babies) & I read that if you change the genetics of a PT skin they would not be "picked" to procreate. Wish I knew if anyone has really tested that.
----------------
And as for my input about this interesting hood:
I do "get" the alien's ideas about decorating - colorful! The humans trying to live in "habitats" is a cool idea - but it will be a challenge for me to not be able to enlarge them.
MEYER house: Max has memory of broken engagement with Tugce, but no memory of getting engaged. Looks like Max & Tugce never lived together - so how did their child Luca wind up with him. Max's husband has memory of Max moving in, then Luca; but Max has no memory of moving, or of Luca moving in.
LAFONTAINE house: Tugce must have always lived there, but has memory of her sister "moving in", not "being born". She must have been a toddler at the time, because learned toddler skills after that. If you wanted to go that far back in history, I think you should have memory of their parents dying. SO WHY DOES SHE HAVE A DIFFERANT LAST NAME?
CALIENTE: house description says "..weren't too careful about cheating their partners in front of their eyes". Awkward syntax.Considering the circumstances (I won't spoil it for others!) I would have said: No one in this loving family has a jealous bone in their body. And none of them seem to understand why others get all nuts about a little public display of affection.
And when Mortimer divorced Dina and snuck off-world to get away from her, she "secretly followed him", and wants to marry him for his money. IMO this doesn't make sense. Her "family" all found out where Mort went - are they planning some kind of scam to get his money? Considering their conditions, life style, and morals - that wouldn't surprise me. Besides, considering their behavior, they were probably run out of (Earth)town.
ALSO: Don has memory of 1st woohoo (with Tugce), but this was after he was married to Cassandra and had son Luigi (course, THAT could be a story too)
BELLUM: delighted to see some old favorites. Says Andy didn't know he impregnated Helen Wheel & Ida Juana Knowe at his college grad party (wow, some party!). I sorta could see that he was so drunk that his two kids from them are from "mystery sim", but the ladies should at least be on the kids family tree. And he only has a memory of kissing/falling in love with ONE "mystery Sim"..well ok, wild party. But he has the life-stage of young adult, and it says GRADUATION party, but he has no memory of graduation. And HOW did he get the babies from those two women? Are they dead?
CAPP: Hermia had Elvira - who's the father?
BELLA GOTH: love it! "blamed for killing queens" what? Is that a mystery? The PT that impregnated her was the Queens consort, and is dead. ? On Mortimer's info, he's "still looking for her". She's gone through so much, I didn't change her from a Romance, but she has mellowed, and misses Mort & their children. She's seen Cassandra and Alexander on community lots and hid from them. What would Mortimer think of her alien children? She's too fragile emotionally to face him. She's just so sorry, he's a sweet man and she never appreciated what she had. That's MY story!
Sorry this is so long. Bells tries to explain to Cassandra. She has aged, and dresses to honor her ancestors..

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:12 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 30th Mar 2018 at 3:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
MEYER house: Max has memory of broken engagement with Tugce, but no memory of getting engaged. Looks like Max & Tugce never lived together - so how did their child Luca wind up with him. Max's husband has memory of Max moving in, then Luca; but Max has no memory of moving, or of Luca moving in.

Yeah I missed the move out/in memories, that's why it's so unclear. Actually, Tugce and Max were long engaged and had Luca, so yes, they had lived together. But then, Peter came and Max broke up with Tugce who moved in with her sister later on. Luca stayed with his daddy and his new step-father.

LAFONTAINE house: Tugce must have always lived there, but has memory of her sister "moving in", not "being born". She must have been a toddler at the time, because learned toddler skills after that. If you wanted to go that far back in history, I think you should have memory of their parents dying. SO WHY DOES SHE HAVE A DIFFERANT LAST NAME?

They're twins, that's why there's a "Aileen joined the family" memory at the beginning. But yeah, it'd be clear if there was a "moved out" and a "moved in" memory after break-up. As for the last name, it's because Tugce's sister married a LaFontaine and took his last name. Actually, Tugce's last name would also have changed and would have been Meyer if she had married Max.

CALIENTE: house description says "..weren't too careful about cheating their partners in front of their eyes". Awkward syntax.Considering the circumstances (I won't spoil it for others!) I would have said: No one in this loving family has a jealous bone in their body. And none of them seem to understand why others get all nuts about a little public display of affection.
And when Mortimer divorced Dina and snuck off-world to get away from her, she "secretly followed him", and wants to marry him for his money. IMO this doesn't make sense. Her "family" all found out where Mort went - are they planning some kind of scam to get his money? Considering their conditions, life style, and morals - that wouldn't surprise me. Besides, considering their behavior, they were probably run out of (Earth)town.
ALSO: Don has memory of 1st woohoo (with Tugce), but this was after he was married to Cassandra and had son Luigi (course, THAT could be a story too)

Yeah, I missed that 1st woohoo memory, which is why it was added later on. As for the backstory, Mortimer did not only snuck-off world to get away from Dina. But more because he still hopes to find his wife Bella on this alien planet, which is up to the player whether they'll meet or not. However, Dina wants to hinder him from that, as she knows that she wouldn't inherit all of Mortimer's money if that happens. And she would end up broke in Pleasantview without Mortimer Goth.

BELLUM: delighted to see some old favorites. Says Andy didn't know he impregnated Helen Wheel & Ida Juana Knowe at his college grad party (wow, some party!). I sorta could see that he was so drunk that his two kids from them are from "mystery sim", but the ladies should at least be on the kids family tree. And he only has a memory of kissing/falling in love with ONE "mystery Sim"..well ok, wild party. But he has the life-stage of young adult, and it says GRADUATION party, but he has no memory of graduation. And HOW did he get the babies from those two women? Are they dead?

Yeah, adding the two women into the family tree would also make Rusty Wheels and Aye Knowe real half-siblings. I have to rework the memories here anyway. I actually intended to make the children badly grown up (with no toddler skills, etc)
As for how he got the babies... well... good point! Maybe, Ida Juana and Helen put up the unwanted babies for adoption, but then Andy wanted to adopt them. Otherwise, he'd get the reputation of being a bad father... Idk
The women are not dead but didn't travel to Aileen Landing.

CAPP: Hermia had Elvira - who's the father?

You see that Elvira's last name is Summerdream... which means Puck Summerdream is his father. Maybe I should add him to the family to prevent confusion. Silly me!

BELLA GOTH: love it! "blamed for killing queens" what? Is that a mystery? The PT that impregnated her was the Queens consort, and is dead. ? On Mortimer's info, he's "still looking for her". She's gone through so much, I didn't change her from a Romance, but she has mellowed, and misses Mort & their children. She's seen Cassandra and Alexander on community lots and hid from them. What would Mortimer think of her alien children? She's too fragile emotionally to face him. She's just so sorry, he's a sweet man and she never appreciated what she had. That's MY story!

Bella Goth is not the only one who got accused for killing the queens. Yeah, there's been a murder (just like the murderer story in Bayside Flats). But this time, it's hard to find out who the murderer is. Bayside Flats was very obvious... this one... not so quite. It's rather unexpecting!
I always considered Bella Goth as innocent, as she never cheated on Mortimer. My theory is that the Caliente twins and Don arranged that alien abduction...

-----
Anyway, thanks for the detailed input! I really appreciate it.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#45 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 10:12 PM
My pleasure! The Pyxis intro also has some syntax problems. And I was surprised that "super shy" Phobos has some outgoing points.
Beteogeize intro is also ...um. Are those intros something you want to change? In the Sombrero house, Riranda's hair keeps separating from her head...I'm thinking it has something to do with some CC of MINE. These teens are a train wreck waiting to happen! I think a warning is needed - one of them smashed an urn before I could stop him. VBT - I changed them to graves. Playing the Queen's Palace - don't think I can solve the mystery (maybe you are going to add stuff to their bios?)Sirius wanted to bring back his Queen 2, still has fits of crying, and even rolled a fear of falling out of love with her! Since all the queens are named Cassiopeia, I would have liked to see their middle names be their queen number: like "Cassiopeia II Xothburg" instead of "Cassiopeia Xothburg II". Because as it is, you can't tell which one is being referred to in memories.

While I'm looking at memories, etc, I'm also playing them. And, since I have all EP's and lots of mods, I've either added to your community lots, or created my own. I've often wished I could upload lots, but can't get AGS to work for me.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 3:14 PM
Yeah, I could somehow predict that those two family intro need some more work. Phobos also needs to be 100% shy - gonna have to change that!
As for the Sombrero teens, I guess that's because of their aspiration failures... making them a little bit happier would solve that problem, or as you say, changing the urns into graves.

I didn't think that far. I just had a look at how EA did it with the Landgraabs and copied from there.
Also, with sim bios, I guess the mystery is solvable... but I don't want to make it too obvious like in Bayside Flats. But also not too difficult.

As for the community lots, oh, feel free to upload them anyway. Were the pre-existing ones easy to upgrade? Like the Alien Cafe? Or did you have to rebuild the lots completely from scratch?

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#47 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 6:08 PM Last edited by grammapat : 30th Mar 2018 at 6:19 PM. Reason: intros?
This is a pic of a date lot; coffee, bar (complete with fire extinguisher), dancing, and dining. Here's pic of it
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...029#post5368029
you will note I kept your ornate, colorful style.
I'll go back and look at the Alien Café. Mostly I can "fix" community lots by just adding stuff. Some of you're community lots are so interesting looking I would keep them, even if they are (to ME) no playable. I send Sims to community lots to meet people, and to get them to get some new wants - nothing like getting out of the house to realize you want to do LOTS of things. I have a favorite park that has fishing, swimming, a tent, a snack bar, a full band (love it when random sims try to start a band!). There's music, toilets and showers, and it's pet and kid friendly! Things for pets to use, a playground. It's FUN!
Mostly what I DO is build; but do you mean upload to MTS? I couldn't meet their requirements. Do you mean YOU would like? They would take some "cleaning up" ..
I can't spell for crap; but my English is above average. I actually cringe when I read descriptive stuff for Sims that is "off" or lacks drama!

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 8:31 PM
It's just that I have the impression that there're not enough community lots in Aileen Landing... Idk...

I didn't have difficulties when it came to building lots or creating families... but writing, well, I've never been good at writing. I'm still a high school student... and I've never been good at languages... they're my worst grades. :/

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#49 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 9:03 AM Last edited by grammapat : 31st Mar 2018 at 9:16 AM.
AH! I didn't have to take English in college, because I scored above college level (they called it "English honors"). COMPUTERS, on the other hand, are hard for me. I see young people (I have grandkids in high school) doing so much more than I ever could! I can build stuff that works for me, but creating a populated hood? OMG no! When I have questions, I ask my hubby - who has a masters in English (and writes articles on lots of stuff), but oddly, spelling has always tripped me up.
What did you think of the re-write I did for the Caliente house? I like to hint at things, add some humor, and make thinks easy to read and understand. I can do that; although, for some things, I would need to discuss back stories, etc.
Sooo, whatcha say? I would love to write stuff for you; lot info, bios, etc.
PS: as for community lots...I would be happy to send you lots I have as Sim-packs. Or whatever.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 9:43 AM
I love your re-write and it describes the behavior of them very well! Mine on the other hand didn't tell much. Thanks!
Also, that would be super helpful if you helped me at the descriptions. I'll re-write stuff on my own first, so you get their backstories and then you can fix them just like the Caliente household's description.

I don't want to stress you with lots of work. And it'd spoil the mystery. So... I'll have a go again first at the descriptions (and fix the memories, too!)
Yes, lots as sim-packs are OK. Can't wait to see what you created!

My Simblr
Page 2 of 7